• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon has the Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2-Channel THX Select2 Plus Certified Network A/V Receiver for $344.99 , Mixed reviews on this receiver , have heard people having allot of problems and than again i have heard of allot of happy customers , good reviews for the most part around the web. Link - http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-NR616-7-2-Channel-Certified-Recei...

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Onkyo TX-NR616 (10.02kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Tax to AZ kills it for me

THX Certified! This receiver rocks. My brother has and it can get LOUD. Granted, you have to have the speakers to match your output, but boy is it awesome audio for the price. Can't go wrong with this price.

I like my refurb 616 that I got off the Onkyo site for $250, looked brand new too. Had to reset it once, but has been fine since.

My biggest complaint (and I think it's on a lot of receivers), is when you fast forward, rewind, pause, wahtever off of a DVR (probably other boxes as well), it breaks the audio connection and there is very audible 'click', then another 'click' when the audio resumes. It can get annoying if you are trying to get to a certain spot on a program. Perhaps it is only because I have a Tivo, but one would think if the video is still coming through the HDMI, at least an audio stream of 'nothing' would accompany it, rather than break the connection.

I think this is a Tivo problem if you do a search on google using the word Tivo you will see many others have this issue and i think there is a fix for it. As for this receiver , the price is right , it has lots of power and many features but a ton of horror stories around the web as it not being reliable in the long run and many hdmi board failures. i happened to purchase it bc right now guy's the price is right but i just cannot decide if i should keep it or go with the yamaha 573 model instead , any advice would be great ?

Does this have 2-zone capability?

Ijustpassedu said: I think this is a Tivo problem if you do a search on google using the word Tivo you will see many others have this issue and i think there is a fix for it

thanks for the tip. will look into it more when I get home. may want to fix your last sentence, I could not follow it well. I tend to prefer Yamaha, and enjoy their GUI much more than what this Onkyo has. THX is a semi-joke to me. Yes there are reasons for it, but most will not be combining all the elements needed that make the certification worth it.

malstott45 said:   Does this have 2-zone capability?

did you open the Amazon link and read the provided information?

no problem , what i was trying to say is that i purchased the onkyo 616 on Amazon today , i am excited to get it but i am also very nervous and i am having second thoughts that i should probably go with the yamaha 573 as its about the same price but from what i read online the yamaha is less powerfull and doesnt have as many features. I need allot of power for my speakers as i am going 7.1 and have some nice floorstanding ones. Just hope i made the correct choice purchasing this.

Couldn't find the specs on my iPhone for some reason. Got it later on my laptop. Thanks!

it has 3 zone capability
Product Features

Amplifier
# Channels 7.2
Power Watts/ch 100W (8ohms 20-20kHz, 0.08%, 2 Channels Driven, FTC)
Power (8ohms 20-20kHz 0.05%) /Ch -
THX Certified Select2 Plus
Continuous 6ohms Rated
Certified 4ohms performance -
All Discrete Circuitry
3-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry -
PUSH-PULL Design -
Independent Block Construction (Amp/Preprocessor) -
Toroidal Transformer -
Independent Power Supply -
Bi-amp Capability For Front -
BTL Capability For Front -

Processing
DOLBY Decoder True HD, DD Plus, PLIIz
DTS Decoder DTS-HD Master Audio
Dolby PLIIz
ONKYO GAME Surround Modes
DTS Surround Sensation Speaker / Headphone - / -
Neural Surround -
THX Processing Mode -
Audyssey DSX (height only)
Audyssey Dynamic EQ
Audyssey Dynamic Volume
Direct/Pure Mode / -
Music Optimizer (Advanced)
192K/24 Bit DACs (Burr-Brown)
VLSC -
isf Certified Calibration Control -

Connectivity
Audio I/O 5 / 2
Phono Input -
Digital Audio IN (OPT/COAX) 2 / 2
Digital Audio OUT (OPT/COAX) -
Composite I/O 5 / 1
S-Video I/O - / -
Component Video I/O 1 / 1
Front-Panel A/V V
Front-Panel Optical -
USB Input Front (made for iPod/iPhone) and Rear
HDMI I/O 8 (7 + 1)/ 2
HDMI Version V1.4a (supports 3D video and Audio Return Channel)
Component Video Upconversion -
Analog To HDMI Upconversion
1080p Upscaling (Marvell Qdeo)
4K (up to 4096 x 2160) Upscaling (Marvell Qdeo)
Multi-Channel Input -
Analog Pre-Outs Sub
Speaker A/+B -
Powered Zone2
Zone 2 Line Out
Zone 2 Video Out -
Zone 3 Line Out
U-Port -
iPod Ready (direct USB input)
HD Radio Ready -
Internet Radio Capable (vTuner, Pandora, L=Spotify]/Spotify-coupons/#shopnow=http://www.spotify.com[/L], Aupeo, Rhapsody, Sirius/XM iRadio, Slacker, LastFM iRadio, MP3tunes cloud service)
Streaming Audio From PC
Streaming Audio From USB memory
Wireless Network Ready via USB (optional UWF-1)
PC Input (15 pin D-sub) -

Integration Access
RS-232 -
IR Input -
Ethernet
ONKYO-RI System Control
12V Trigger -

Miscellaneous
Pre-Pro/Learning Remote / -
Back-Lit Remote -
On Screen Remote Programming
Bi-directional Remote Setup via GUI -
Activity Based Remote -
Color-Coded Speaker Terminals
Auto Speaker Calibration W/Mic. (Audyssey 2EQ)
OSD Out (advanced "Home" GUI)
Solid Aluminum Front -
Warranty

Down to $361 from most recent price of $399. Waiting for that magic $349 again!

Looks like it's the $344 on Newegg, too (with promo code).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014