• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine

from SD.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V66ZPW

I just got this from Amazon and the song is Clean the album may be Explicit.

Member Summary

G N' R (32.81kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks OP!

FTTMN (Jan. 23, 2013 @ 8:37p) |

Buckmann (Jan. 24, 2013 @ 1:12p) |

every time you download mp3 over flac, a kitten dies

morecowbell (Jan. 24, 2013 @ 2:43p) |

What could possibly be "explicit" about this song? Sure GnR did songs which had swear words but I can't remember one in THIS particular tune.

bugsie said:   What could possibly be "explicit" about this song? Sure GnR did songs which had swear words but I can't remember one in THIS particular tune.

Listed as EXPLICIT at Google Play - can't find anything but a clean version at Amazon

archena said:   bugsie said:   What could possibly be "explicit" about this song? Sure GnR did songs which had swear words but I can't remember one in THIS particular tune.

Listed as EXPLICIT at Google Play - can't find anything but a clean version at Amazon

I agree (and can see) it's LISTED as "explicit" there but I'm asking WHY (likely because the entire CD was labeled as explicit but I'm wondering if this is actually a different VERSION of this song (and I have doubts it really is)).

bugsie said:   archena said:   bugsie said:   What could possibly be "explicit" about this song? Sure GnR did songs which had swear words but I can't remember one in THIS particular tune.

I agree (and can see) it's LISTED as "explicit" there but I'm asking WHY (likely because the entire CD was labeled as explicit but I'm wondering if this is actually a different VERSION of this song (and I have doubts it really is)).

I am not sure either, and I won't buy anything listed as EXPLICIT even if this is FREE.

It's also free on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Child-O-Mine/dp/B000V66ZPW/

The Amazon version does not require a credit card to download.

archena said:   bugsie said:   archena said:   bugsie said:   What could possibly be "explicit" about this song? Sure GnR did songs which had swear words but I can't remember one in THIS particular tune.

I am not sure either, and I won't buy anything listed as EXPLICIT even if this is FREE.

Which was sort of my point. I think it's been MISlabeled as explicit and that the mislabeling might a) put off people who would never download "explicit" materials and/or b) encourage the more prurient among us to download because it's alleged to be an explicit version when in fact it's just the same old song. Either way, thanks for the posting of the offer but I think I'll skip it altogether as well as I cannot tell if this is something I already own (even if it IS free).

It is listed 1 second longer. (that might not mean much of anything)

Appetite For Destruction
Track 9
Sweet Child O' Mine
5:57

Greatest Hits
Track 2
Sweet Child O' Mine
5:56

Amazon now has this FREE
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V66ZPW
not Explicit either

in for one...

only 256kbps...I don't see why they won't offer flac

lordoffire said:   in for one...

It's rare to find flac as most players don't support it...especially portable players which is where most folks listen to this MP3 garbage.

bugsie said:   lordoffire said:   in for one...

It's rare to find flac as most players don't support it...especially portable players which is where most folks listen to this MP3 garbage.

Be careful not to hurt yourself climbing down off your high horse.

archena said:   I am not sure either, and I won't buy anything listed as EXPLICIT even if this is FREE.

"Sweet Child O' Mine"

She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that
special place
And if I stared too long
I'd probably break down and cry

Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine

She's got eyes of the bluest skies
As if they thought of rain
I hate to look into those eyes
And see an ounce of pain
Her hair reminds me
of a warm safe place
Where as a child I'd hide
And pray for the thunder
And the rain
To quietly pass me by

Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine

Where do we go
Where do we go now
Where do we go
Sweet child o' mine

wizwor said:   bugsie said:   lordoffire said:   in for one...

I'd respond but you probably wouldn't hear me since you obviously have hearing issues if you think MP3s are even close to FLAC quality. Try doing some research before making comments and you might actually learn something.

porkinspullup said:   It's also free on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Child-O-Mine/dp/B000V66ZPW/

The Amazon version does not require a credit card to download.

neither does google, a prepaid norton rebate card works nice.

bugsie said:   archena said:   bugsie said:   archena said:   bugsie said:   What could possibly be "explicit" about this song? Sure GnR did songs which had swear words but I can't remember one in THIS particular tune.

Which was sort of my point. I think it's been MISlabeled as explicit and that the mislabeling might a) put off people who would never download "explicit" materials and/or b) encourage the more prurient among us to download because it's alleged to be an explicit version when in fact it's just the same old song. Either way, thanks for the posting of the offer but I think I'll skip it altogether as well as I cannot tell if this is something I already own (even if it IS free).

It may have one word in it, but no where like rap or hip hop explicted.

bugsie said:   wizwor said:   bugsie said:   lordoffire said:   in for one...

I'd respond but you probably wouldn't hear me since you obviously have hearing issues if you think MP3s are even close to FLAC quality. Try doing some research before making comments and you might actually learn something.

but yet you come in a mp3 thread? mp3 is fine for getting music and delivering less to the music industry. it is a format that enables easy listening and transfer.
My wallet is happy with mp3 rather than wasting money on pretending to be an audiophile.

FrugalFreak said:   bugsie said:   wizwor said:   bugsie said:   lordoffire said:   in for one...

but yet you come in a mp3 thread? mp3 is fine for getting music and delivering less to the music industry. it is a format that enables easy listening and transfer.
My wallet is happy with mp3 rather than wasting money on pretending to be an audiophile.

Yes, I came into this thread because I was wondering if some new "explicit" version of this song had been released (seems like the answer is no). When SOMEONE ELSE brought up the issue of FLAC files I responded. Then someone ELSE attacked me and so I responded to THAT. Now YOU stroll in and talk about saving money vs. audio quality. Sure, if you want to save money you can use MP3 files and bow to the industry that would like for you to get their product cheaply and easily no matter what the quality sounds like (yes, I can tell the difference, have been blind checked on it, and there's no "pretending" here). IF more portable players supported the FLAC format then that too would be "easy listening and transfer" medium. But they don't so we're stuck with MP3. There's no difference in pricing (IF one can find FLAC files) but even if there were, the question is would you rather have quality or imagined savings? Personally, I don't drive a Rolls Royce but it's not a Yugo either because though the sticker price might be less for a "cheap" car than my car, mine is dependable & reliable (meaning less additional cost over time) and offers way more smiles per mile (which is priceless...to me).

Multiple studies have shown that, even with the highest-quality audio equipment, even self-proclaimed audiophiles can't tell the difference between flac and a high-quality mp3. /thread

BlueRaja said:   Multiple studies have shown that, even with the highest-quality audio equipment, even self-proclaimed audiophiles can't tell the difference between flac and a high-quality mp3. /thread

I never "proclaimed" myself anything. All I know is that many, many friends have "tested" me by playing one and then the other on all sorts of equipment. I think I got it wrong on one single track but always knew the difference otherwise. So your "studies" (perhaps conducted by the mass audio sales industry folks) have been PROVEN wrong in my case (and I know others who can do the same thing). The very idea that a smashed down and compressed MP3 file (with highs and lows removed) could ever equate to a full spectrum sound file is simply ridiculous by its' very nature. You're always free to get whichever you like and I'm not here to debate the clear lack of quality of MP3s however (was just here asking a simple question before I got jumped on by multiple FW'ers) and so I think I'll leave this thread now as it's clearly going down the tubes with folks that don't know a thing about sound except what they've read about (used their eyes instead of their ears). Buh-Bye!

they don't even provide anything above 256, which frankly, isn't good enough when you could just get the physical CD somewhere instead...

and yes, even I can tell between a flac and a "general bitrate" version...you can hear it when especially when playing through speakers

Thanks OP!

every time you download mp3 over flac, a kitten dies

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014