• Text Only
Free shipping dissapeared almost exactly 6 minutes ago at 6.47 EST

I ordered one earlier. Thanks for the find OP, now I do not need to get the self-addressed stamps anymore. Green for the find!

Screenshot for Shipping Charges
Disclaimer
I uploaded Logo Image in stamp, but it's still showing me Shipping Charges as shown in screenshot...

Am I doing anything wrong ?

No free shipping anymore- don't waste your time. Just took 20 minutes uploading an image after much trial and error.. Maybe if everyone ordered one instead of four it might be working but that's just speculation. Good deal for those who got one (or more). Thanks OP for the chance anyway- nice find.

webley said:    Maybe if everyone ordered one instead of four it might be working but that's just speculation.

Sorry to hear you missed out, but truth be told wish i would have gotten 6 rather than 3....

dead. shows $9.99

Both links in the original post lead me to a page that says the sale price is $9.99 as the cheapest option. Am I doing something wrong?

===
This offer seems to be from a published ad? http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1251741/m17508195/#m17...

The Copy & Print site (link) shows the 99 cent price, but when I click through, the starting price for the smallest stamp is $9.99 likes others are seeing. The deal is definitely dead.

odd....for some reason it's showing 9.99 each for me.... I even received the promo email for .99
I click on the .99 cent promo and the price options start out at 9.99

I have a dumb question - how long does the ink last?

That blows. The link on the home page says 99 cent return address stamp - 94% off. Everything starts at $9.99. You'd think if they killed the deal, they would at least remove the banner!

sameome said:   I have a dumb question - how long does the ink last?
depends on how often you use the stamp

Took too much time on designing the graphic logo and ended up missing the deal

$9.99 now

got two rubber stamps today! lol
thanks OP

Nice deal while it lasted. Thanks OP!

Dano

Darn, I have mine designed and now the deal is gone even though the banner still shows 99 cents. I took a screen shot and will call them tomorrow to see if they'll still honor it.

All 4 of my orders still say "On Hold Pending Payment". Wonder if I'll get a call from Staples tomorrow telling me they've decided something's wrong with the CC. They did once accept a credit card order (not for Print/Copy) and then called to say there was a problem with it (turned out a typo in the address which they should have caught when they took the order). I'm thinking these will all be rejected.

And to follow up on my previous post, the "25% on your next order" link in the confirmation did work, but it offered 25% off the hypothetical retail of $18.99, more than the $9.99 the sale link is.

Thanks again to the OP. Wish I'd thought of "FIRST CLASS" for a stamp when I could still order it.
=aw

ottawa said:   All 4 of my orders still say "On Hold Pending Payment". Wonder if I'll get a call from Staples tomorrow telling me they've decided something's wrong with the CC. They did once accept a credit card order (not for Print/Copy) and then called to say there was a problem with it (turned out a typo in the address which they should have caught when they took the order). I'm thinking these will all be rejected.

And to follow up on my previous post, the "25% on your next order" link in the confirmation did work, but it offered 25% off the hypothetical retail of $18.99, more than the $9.99 the sale link is.

Thanks again to the OP. Wish I'd thought of "FIRST CLASS" for a stamp when I could still order it.
=aw
My orders also show "On Hold Pending Payment" - I'm thinking these are going to be rejected tomorrow by Staples because my CC info is correct and there's $$$ in the account.

Dano

A couple of mine that showed "pending" yesterday are in process today.

I think they changed the price and killed the deal because too many people were ordering these like crazy. They figured out that the deal was MUCH better than they had planned.

I don't think they will cancel the orders though.

Logician1313 said:   MysteriousGirl said:   ds394 said:   Go to Staples.com and click the banner in the upper right-hand corner that looks like the image above.
Choose the first option (for $0.99) and pick black, blue, green, red or violet ink.
Add your text (return address or just your name/child’s name/signature/etc.)
Click “Advanced Editing” to customize text and insert image. NOTE: You must insert an image of your own to get free shipping (I did a quick search for “fancy W” to add an image to my return address stamp).
Proceed through the checkout process and you’ll pay just $0.99 + tax and get free shipping.

Hi,
Can someone tell me what does "upper right-hand corner that looks like the image above" means. I don't understand what image and i don't see anything that says ink either. Also, where do we find the option to upload. Help

For me the banner was on the bottom left hand side of the screen (screenshot of picture). Link

for me , the banner is saying 9.99$, is it because i am in NY, i dont know what is going on??????

I think we are too late

banner said .99 yesterday, same banner now says 9.99

Sorry, I think you missed out.

webley said:   No free shipping anymore- don't waste your time. Just took 20 minutes uploading an image after much trial and error.. Maybe if everyone ordered one instead of four it might be working but that's just speculation. Good deal for those who got one (or more). Thanks OP for the chance anyway- nice find.

Keep speculating...

I had almost an hour left after I ordered my first 4... I took a break and missed ordering my fifth. That's all I would have been able to order using my anonymous prepaid debit rebate card, cuz Staples kept putting the $1 test / hold on the card for each order.

PS, for those that complain "we killed the deal".... don't EVER post about how you took advantage of a good deal more than 1 time. CUz then a bunch of whiners will stalk you for weeks, screaming "PIG" and "YOU KILLED IT!!!!".

Next time, act first, then think. This deal was availble for quite some time (I created my first stamp a few days ago), unlike most other REALLY hot deals!

jimmywalt said:   I think they changed the price and killed the deal because too many people were ordering these like crazy. They figured out that the deal was MUCH better than they had planned.
I got in on this deal a few months back, and I know it was available a few months prior to that. It seems to pop up once a quarter or so (search the archives).

I would hope they know what to expect by now. Wish I got in on this deal before it died, could use another stamp for my non-profit...

Technologist said:   Next time, act first, then think. This deal was availble for quite some time (I created my first stamp a few days ago), unlike most other REALLY hot deals!Thanks for posting the deal when you made your first stamp "a few days ago"......... NOT

Makes me wonder if that was a typo in the ad that made it to our carts.

mistadeal said:   Makes me wonder if that was a typo in the ad that made it to our carts.Most likely not. This deal pops up at Staples a few times a year.

Makes me wonder if that was a typo in the ad that made it to our carts.
I'd say no, because VistaPrint sells little rubber stamps for "FREE" (paid for by a shipping and handling fee). The pricing error has to have been to offer free Rush/Priority shipping in combination with the 99c price (I think the regular shipping was about $8, at least without the image; we'd have sneered at that as being more than VP).

My 4 orders still showing "on hold awaiting payment" and no sign of them on my CC. I assume they'll be killed eventually.

=aw

The status popup elaborates

Processing will begin when we receive your payment

I don't see anything I can do to add or change the payment method (I did use a CC originally but maybe it's lost). I looked under "Stored Payments" and it says I haven't stored any, but doesn't then give me an option to add one (not sure if that would have unlocked it but worth a try).

Any suggestions on how to make them see a payment? Trying to avoid phoning though at some point I'll have nothing to lose.

Thanks!
=aw

wfay said:   Technologist said:   Next time, act first, then think. This deal was availble for quite some time (I created my first stamp a few days ago), unlike most other REALLY hot deals!Thanks for posting the deal when you made your first stamp "a few days ago"......... NOT

I dodn't post it days ago, because at the time I didn't order the stamp, just created it and left it in my cart. Mostly because I wasn't sure I wanted another stamp, if I had to pay the inflated shipping. Later, I saw that adding an image made shipping cost go away, so I created another stamp (with an image). When I went to check out, I was surprised to see the original still in my cart (i had not signed in previously), AND both stamps were $0.99, with free shipping.

Thus, my first order was 2 stamps, then my other 2 orders were 1 each.

So take back your NOT, and put it back on your shelf to use incorrectly in the future.

Buh-BYE!

Thank you for your recent purchase of a custom stamp (3/4'' x 1 7/8'), model E4912, sku 341978. Please note that the advertisement for this stamp stated that "Shipping charges apply." We have identified that your order (order number listed above) is missing the required shipping fees. If you would like 7 day delivery, the shipping charge is $9.95, or you can choose expedited shipping for $13.95. Please call us at 888-333-3199 by Tuesday, January 29th to confirm your desired shipping preference. If we do not hear from you by this date, we will assume that you do not want the order fulfilled and we will issue you a refund within 5-7 business days.

soxfan2004 said:   Thank you for your recent purchase of a custom stamp (3/4'' x 1 7/8'), model E4912, sku 341978. Please note that the advertisement for this stamp stated that "Shipping charges apply." We have identified that your order (order number listed above) is missing the required shipping fees. If you would like 7 day delivery, the shipping charge is $9.95, or you can choose expedited shipping for $13.95. Please call us at 888-333-3199 by Tuesday, January 29th to confirm your desired shipping preference. If we do not hear from you by this date, we will assume that you do not want the order fulfilled and we will issue you a refund within 5-7 business days.

Got the same email. Ah, well.

Got the same email, here's my response. We'll see if anyone at Staples is alive and awake:

Dear Sirs,

Your online ordering platform clearly stated that shipping fees would be waived if I used an uploaded image from my computer. I complied with that requirement, and I fully expect you to follow through on your commitment to send me the stamp at the agreed-to price. Note that your response to this matter may affect my inclination to purchase from your company in both a personal and professional capacity. There are many choices in the office supply industry, and loss leader business attractors are very, very common. I would not want to lump you in the category of companies that use bait and switch tactics to abuse your customers.

I got that response on 1 of 3 orders.

Are they cancelling all orders or just some? A friend of mine who ordered a few hours after me received the email, but I haven't received anything yet.

I just received the same email this morning. All 3 orders show as "shipped from warehouse." Sooooo, how exactly were they going to cancel the order? Or do you know if they can stop the shipment at this stage in the game? Keep us informed what you hear back.

I got the same email. I have saved the order confirmation page as pdf which clearly shows the shipping as free and total as $1.08. It's a clear case of misleading business practice. Time to complain to some dept of malpractice?

Got this email from Staples. They want shipping charge.

------------------
Valued Staples Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase of a custom stamp (3/4'' x 1 7/8'), model E4912, sku 341978. Please note that the advertisement for this stamp stated that "Shipping charges apply." We have identified that your order (order number listed above) is missing the required shipping fees. If you would like 7 day delivery, the shipping charge is $9.95, or you can choose expedited shipping for $13.95. Please call us at 888-333-3199 by Tuesday, January 29th to confirm your desired shipping preference. If we do not hear from you by this date, we will assume that you do not want the order fulfilled and we will issue you a refund within 5-7 business days.

We value your business and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please do not reply to this email. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at 888-333-3199 or support@orders.Staples.com.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

Thank you,
Staples Customer Service

does everyone elses order say shipped also and they received this email? how is that possible? it says it was shipped? how can they cancel?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014