• Text Only
same things...says "shipped from warehouse" but got the email about the shipping charges.

yep, asking to pay shipping cost or cancellation.

Also received the pay shipping or else bait and switch email.
Replied that better honor their commitment or I'll dump them to their competitors.
Why don't they allow free store pickup so they can avoid the shipping charges?

Thank you for contacting Staples!

Your question is being routed to a Customer Service Representative and we will do our very best to
respond within 24 hours.

If you require immediate assistance, please contact our Customer Service Department at 800 333 3330
and select option 2 during regular business hours. Representatives are available Monday-Friday 7:00
AM to 11:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time; Saturday and Sunday 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM, Eastern Standard
Time.

I got in very early on in this thread...ordered 1..then ordered 3 more within the next hour.

My orders are saying shipped and I have not yet received any e-mail stating they will cancel.

I am a Premier rewards member - so perhaps they don't want to piss me off - or perhaps they are starting with the latest orders and working backwards?

My order from 1/23 continues to show as "in progress" as it has all along. No email yet about shipping charges.

well considering other stamps
link$9.90 shipped or
link$9.93 shipped

or Staples $17.98 shipped,

yoregano said:   My order from 1/23 continues to show as "in progress" as it has all along. No email yet about shipping charges.Same. Received order confirmation email 10:37 AM PST 1/23. "In Progress" status on print.Staples.com with delivery date of 1/28. No email about shipping charges as yet. Premier status although I doubt that matters. Ordered only 1 stamp.

Order 1/23 @ 5:30PM EST

rcvd email saying "shipping charges apply", must confirm or will cancel.

Got the email as well. Oh well... c'est la vie.

I got the same email.

But my status is:



Expected Delivery: 02/06/2013

via Staples Courier

Status: Shipped from warehouse

woomanhei said:   I got the same email.

But my status is:



Expected Delivery: 02/06/2013

via Staples Courier

Status: Shipped from warehouse
Bogus info IMO. Look at your status in print.Staples.com.

mathfaster said:   woomanhei said:   I got the same email.

But my status is:



Expected Delivery: 02/06/2013

via Staples Courier

Status: Shipped from warehouse
Bogus info IMO. Look at your status in print.Staples.com.


you are right. "In Progress"

I too just looked again at print.Staples.com and mine also show as in progress - still haven't received the e-mails yet.

On another note - how many g-d damn logins does Staples need?
I have one for:
Staples.com
print.Staples.com
stapleseasyrebates.com
staplesrewards.com

How backwards is this company that they can't provide you access through one account?

BenH said:   
How backwards is this company that they can't provide you access through one account?


This is what happens when a retail business makes the mistake of treating their employees in the online business with the same old yardstick. Their developers were either let go or they joined a hot social networking company and the management is praying for the bubble to burst so they can go back to the good old days.

Good thing I haven't checked my email... I don't know nothin' about no cancellation!

Seriously, WHEN I ORDERED, all my orders said estimated arrival date 1/28/2013 (because I did 3 day shipping). Assuming mine processed quickly and are on the way. If / When they don't show, then I will check status and escalate if necessary. If it doesn't go through, no big loss (was a helluva deal). But I will probably get some sort of what I call "remediation compensation"... and if not, again, oh well.

Sitting back to wait for the Start of "lawsuit" screams....

follow up: I uploaded an image and got the $.99 deal yesterday. Today I get an email from Staples saying that I must pay the shipping fees because the shipping fee is REQUIRED. Oh well, it would've been a great deal.

I got in ealy on the deal and received my email this morning. Deciding if I want to just let it die or push the issue.

Order placed Wednesday afternoon (Jan 23). Email received this morning (Friday, Jan 25):

Thank you for your recent purchase of a custom stamp (3/4'' x 1 7/8'), model E4912, sku 341978. Please note that the advertisement for this stamp stated that "Shipping charges apply." We have identified that your order (order number listed above) is missing the required shipping fees. If you would like 7 day delivery, the shipping charge is $9.95, or you can choose expedited shipping for $13.95. Please call us at 888-333-3199 by Tuesday, January 29th to confirm your desired shipping preference. If we do not hear from you by this date, we will assume that you do not want the order fulfilled and we will issue you a refund within 5-7 business days.
Could be "bait and switch", I suppose, but could also have been an honest mistake. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on that. Incompetence is more common than malevolence. Even if it was an honest mistake, though, this is no way to handle it. It's disrespectful of their customer's time.

I for one would not have spent the better part of an hour fine-tuning the graphic if not for the free shipping offer. Now that the time cost is sunk, I might have been inclined to pay shipping under other circumstances, but I don't want to reward Staples for their mishandling of this case.

And hiding behind the "shipping charges apply" is a lame excuse when the order page itself clearly says "FREE SHIPPING" next to both of the shipping options.

E-mail from today...

Valued Staples Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase of a custom stamp (3/4'' x 1 7/8'), model E4912, sku 341978. Please note that the advertisement for this stamp stated that "Shipping charges apply." We have identified that your order (order number listed above) is missing the required shipping fees. If you would like 7 day delivery, the shipping charge is $9.95, or you can choose expedited shipping for $13.95. Please call us at 888-333-3199 by Tuesday, January 29th to confirm your desired shipping preference. If we do not hear from you by this date, we will assume that you do not want the order fulfilled and we will issue you a refund within 5-7 business days.

We value your business and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please do not reply to this email. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at 888-333-3199 or support@orders.Staples.com.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter.


Thank you,
Staples Customer Service

What a bummer.....

No email... but just received an automated message by phone from Staples stating the same thing as the emails others have received.

chrisjacobs7 said:   No email... but just received an automated message by phone from Staples stating the same thing as the emails others have received.I called to check on the order and was put on hold for >20 mins and hung up; just got the phone msg to pay shipping or cancel but no email. Interesting that shipping is now free on orders >$20 and the $0.99 stamp offer is history.

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   I called to check on the order and was put on hold for >20 mins...
You waited on the phone that long to find out about the status of something you ordered for a buck?

Still no phone or email about shipping for me. I ordered around noon on 1/23. If I do eventually get petitioned for the shipping charge, I'm going to ignore it. If they don't ship the stamp, oh well. It was a cheap order, it's not worth any more time or concern on my part.

The Johnny Cochrane Firm just said the deal is good and if they don't SHIP, the judge won't ACQUIT

NEVER CALL!

I got the automated call too, and i agree they should have done something other than "hey you forgot shipping". Maybe if they'd offered half price or cheap slow shipping i might have taken one of them.

And FWIW this is a case where calling was okay IMO because the deal was really dead.

=aw

Ordered three that morning. Got the email today - pay for shipping or cancel. Oh well... would have been a good deal if it came thru.
DO NOT CALL!!

Ordered 2 stamps. Neither did I received email nor the phone call for cancellation as others did. Not sure if anyone is in the same boat as I. There is no link to check the status either. Anyone knows how to check the status?

Edit: Looks like both of my orders have shipped. Wanted to order a couple more, glad I did not. Might have got all my orders cancelled I guess.
Thanks OP.

print.Staples.com still shows my orders "In Progress"

Credit card does not appear to have been charged.

No e-mail.

Technically I should have the items by Monday with the 3-day. I'm out of town until mid-week, but if they don't show up when I get back I will call in.

Oddly enough I did get the call-but on the Staples print website, the order shows as processing and on the Staples.com website it shows as shipped. My credit card was charged-so we'll see what happens tomorrow when it's supposed to be delivered.

treehugger said:   Oddly enough I did get the call-but on the Staples print website, the order shows as processing and on the Staples.com website it shows as shipped. My credit card was charged-so we'll see what happens tomorrow when it's supposed to be delivered.

I guess they are walking mine to my house...since mine also says "shipped" but not to arrive until Feb 6th.

So much for "rush" shipping and handling

respdoc said:   treehugger said:   Oddly enough I did get the call-but on the Staples print website, the order shows as processing and on the Staples.com website it shows as shipped. My credit card was charged-so we'll see what happens tomorrow when it's supposed to be delivered.

I guess they are walking mine to my house...since mine also says "shipped" but not to arrive until Feb 6th.

So much for "rush" shipping and handling
IMO the info on staple.com is bogus. Click on "My account" in print.Staples.com to see the C&P delivery date.

Still no call or email about shipping for me. My account shows an estimated delivery date of 1/28. My credit card was charged on 1/24.

wx1trw said:   Got the same email, here's my response. We'll see if anyone at Staples is alive and awake:

Dear Sirs,

Your online ordering platform clearly stated that shipping fees would be waived if I used an uploaded image from my computer. I complied with that requirement, and I fully expect you to follow through on your commitment to send me the stamp at the agreed-to price. Note that your response to this matter may affect my inclination to purchase from your company in both a personal and professional capacity. There are many choices in the office supply industry, and loss leader business attractors are very, very common. I would not want to lump you in the category of companies that use bait and switch tactics to abuse your customers.


Did you ever receive a reply? Does your order status still show "pending" or have they shipped? Thanks.

I called the toll free number. I was on hold for 46 minutes before they picked up and was told that all the orders were being canceled unless I agree to a $9.99 per stamp shipping charge.

I explained that I met the requirements of the offer and I expect them to do the same.

I gave the rep 2 order numbers, she put me on hold, then came back and said that they were canceled. I told her that my credit card was charged. She said they would issue a credit.

Staples sucks. I can't believe the mega store that they are (B&M and Online) that they can't stand up to their offer.

I'm almost sorry I posted it here because I'm sure that it was the FW effect that killed it.

jimmywalt said:   I called the toll free number. I was on hold for 46 minutes before they picked up and was told that all the orders were being canceled unless I agree to a $9.99 per stamp shipping charge.

I explained that I met the requirements of the offer and I expect them to do the same.

I gave the rep 2 order numbers, she put me on hold, then came back and said that they were canceled. I told her that my credit card was charged. She said they would issue a credit.

Staples sucks. I can't believe the mega store that they are (B&M and Online) that they can't stand up to their offer.

I'm almost sorry I posted it here because I'm sure that it was the FW effect that killed it.



Since you cut and pasted this from SD...that last statement doesn't make much sense. Some people, including myself (which it finally came today)...did get it.


Like a lot of these deals....just dumb luck.

respdoc said:   

Since you cut and pasted this from SD...that last statement doesn't make much sense. Some people, including myself (which it finally came today)...did get it.


Like a lot of these deals....just dumb luck.


I'm sorry, you are incorrect. I didn't cut and paste it from SD (as I also have an account on that site). I only posted it on this site after reading about it on Tuesday 1/22 on a blog.

I'm interested to know if the time of my OP here is earlier than the one you said was a cut & paste on SD?????

jimmywalt said:   

I'm interested to know if the time of my OP here is earlier than the one you said was a cut & paste on SD?????



If that is supposedly the case....they beat you by about 2 days. In deal land....that's a lifetime.

FAIL:

Valued Staples Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase of a custom stamp (3/4'' x 1 7/8'), model E4912, sku 341978. Please note that the advertisement for this stamp stated that "Shipping charges apply." We have identified that your order (order number listed above) is missing the required shipping fees. If you would like 7 day delivery, the shipping charge is $9.95, or you can choose expedited shipping for $13.95. Please call us at 888-333-3199 by Wednesday, January 30th to confirm your desired shipping preference. If we do not hear from you by this date, we will assume that you do not want the order fulfilled and we will issue you a refund within 5-7 business days.

We value your business and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please do not reply to this email. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at 888-333-3199 or support@orders.Staples.com.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

Thank you,
Staples Customer Service



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014