Lowes $20 gift card for $5.50

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
yoregano said:   Coming back to this thread to reflect on my amusement over the big deal that never was and feeling vindicated for all the flak I got. Still waiting for for all those people that gave the OP green to report their satisfaction for receiving their GCs.

Wow...I didn't red you the first time...but I went back and did it now - and a red for this one too.

I came here because I had an alert on a thread, whereas you came here because you apparently have nothing better to do than lurk around for months to come back and try an "I told you so" and gloat about all the red you previously received.

I got in on this deal, and got denied - but I don't consider it a waste of time. If there was a 5% chance this was going to work, I think 95%+ of the people would still have attempted to get in on this. The OP deserves green for bringing the potential deal to everyone's attention.

I am happy I spent the 2 mins trying to get in on the deal even though it didn't work out. I regret the 2 mins I have just spent responding to you because it was unequivocally, and in all possible universes, a waste of time.

Thanks goes to Ben, for further illustrating the irony of this whole thread. Irony in having an alert set on an expired thread, irony in responding about regretting the wasting of time, yet still responding, irony in never understanding most of the points I've been talking about all along. Sorry you feel you are wasting time. I'm quite enjoying all of this.

Anyway, Ben says he didn't get the gift card. I've only read one post about successfully getting the gift card. Sigh, I guess we'll never know just how many got it.

I'll waste some more time on you to show not irony - but rather hypocrisy on your part:

yoregano said:   Potentially a good deal, and potentially a big letdown if a membership is required.

OP, you've been on FW since 2003. You should know how to post properly. The subject line should have more info (Angie's List, membership required?, YMMV, etc.).

The truth hurts? Any of you read the posting guidelines? Nobody likes correction, even when given reasonably.
Yep, the deal is dead, and more idiots keep showing up. You can't swing a virtual cat around here without hitting one.


You admit, in your first post, that this is potentially a good deal if membership is not required. Your issue from the beginning was that his OP didn't mention this.
Even if it did - do you think people wouldn't try? Especially since the whole process to order did not require membership. There was a loophole in their ordering system - which they caught and rescinded most (if not all) orders that didn't include membership sign-up. There are deals posted all the time that are only valid because someone from the vendor screwed up their transaction system which allows us to get in on a good deal.

You seem to be confusing the green the OP got with people's satisfaction at getting their cards vs. the OP bringing a potentially good deal to the table. Based on the vendor terms (which includes their online ordering system) - membership was not required to sign up for the deal.

The flak you got is about being a Nazi for post headings not meeting your standards, when most people would rather a poster at least contributes a potentially good deal then nothing at all. Attitudes and actions like yours only help to ensure that deals DON'T get posted.

Here's a suggestion, Ben. Maybe you should just ignore posts from me, because I am rather tired of reading yours. Sure, it's an open forum, but you needn't address me directly. I'm only speaking directly to you in response to yours directed to me.

I'll further explain myself in hopes you might gain some understanding, though I doubt it. I did say that this was a good deal--if anyone could get it--but did suggest that there was a likely aspect of "YMMV" due to possibly needing membership. And I also said that the thread should have been posted with more details. Not to my standards, but in fact to FW's guidelines which are clearly posted in their FAQ.* I received a whole lot of undeserved red for that first post. As the train wreck of this "deal" progressed, I very admittedly adopted a sarcastic attitude from then on in subsequent posts (and several edits added to my first post which you quote above). Since this particular "deal" was dead and expired right away, there was little of value to be gained from then on.

You're probably not going to appreciate anything further I have to say, and I likely won't from you either, so let's just leave it at that.

*And herein lies the apparent rub. I'm not going to apologize for emphasizing the importance of clarity and details. Again, FW states this information themselves. There's plenty of hypocrisy to go around here.

So you can come back here and spew your sarcastic gibberish and holier-than-thou attitude months after the deal to the "general populace", but anyone who attempts to respond to you directly is somehow tiresome to your delicate sensibilities? You can't come and spread this rubbish around and then act offended or peeved that someone calls you on it. Especially when you yourself admit you were openly egging people on.
Talk about hypocrisy.

Here's an idea. If you want to be a moderator, apply for the position.

yoregano said:   Here's a suggestion, Ben. Maybe you should just ignore posts from me, because I am rather tired of reading yours. Sure, it's an open forum, but you needn't address me directly. I'm only speaking directly to you in response to yours directed to me.

I'll further explain myself in hopes you might gain some understanding, though I doubt it. I did say that this was a good deal--if anyone could get it--but did suggest that there was a likely aspect of "YMMV" due to possibly needing membership. And I also said that the thread should have been posted with more details. Not to my standards, but in fact to FW's guidelines which are clearly posted in their FAQ.* I received a whole lot of undeserved red for that first post. As the train wreck of this "deal" progressed, I very admittedly adopted a sarcastic attitude from then on in subsequent posts (and several edits added to my first post which you quote above). Since this particular "deal" was dead and expired right away, there was little of value to be gained from then on.

You're probably not going to appreciate anything further I have to say, and I likely won't from you either, so let's just leave it at that.

*And herein lies the apparent rub. I'm not going to apologize for emphasizing the importance of clarity and details. Again, FW states this information themselves. There's plenty of hypocrisy to go around here.

I'm sorry you still can't seem to grasp this all, Ben. I'm only "peeved" about my first post, in which everything I said was absolutely right. Nobody legitimately called me on anything there. Again, I've repeatedly admitted, I was nothing but sarcastic and irreverent from that point on. Of course I expected red then! I'm apparently the only one here that sees all the ensuing irony. But if any of my detractors really wanted to be honest, they'd at least agree I have a valid point about how to post threads, but this is what you get in an online forum. "Apply for the position" is becoming a bit of a cliche.

One last tidbit for you: Text
In other words, you've made your point, Ben. I don't think either of us is going to convince/win over the other. But you sure seem to be enjoying coming back at me again and again despite it being such a waste of time.

So anyway, this deal that never was made for a ridiculous yet amusing thread. Yet another interesting observation on curious perceptions of the anonymous masses on the internet.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014