Lowes $20 gift card for $5.50

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
dangit... already oos

dangit... already oos

Thanks OP, now I have to wait for a low's speacial.

Dead for non-members.

I received receipt for $0 but I checked my papal account and they charged me $5.50. Now I'm confused if I'll get the gift card.

each IP address could get 1 per email address, up to 2.

I got 2

Sold out but lots of much deserved green for OP. Look's like Yoda's lightsaber over there!

Got one - I think - thanks.

Those interested in membership should try harder. There are usually promo codes, and they give a discount for using Paypal. After buying my new house I signed up and a year was like $13.

expired.....:C

yoregano said:   Potentially a good deal, and potentially a big letdown if a membership is required.

OP, you've been on FW since 2003. You should know how to post properly. The subject line should have more info (Angie's List, membership required?, YMMV, etc.).

The truth hurts? Any of you read the posting guidelines? Nobody likes correction, even when given reasonably.
Yep, the deal is dead, and more idiots keep showing up. You can't swing a virtual cat around here without hitting one.

I couldn't agree more! I am new to FW and even I know how to post the proper details.

Angie's List website states "expired"

Says 'Expired'.

I called and was told they were having technical difficulties yesterday and even though my receipt said $0 I will receive my Lowe's gc.

Just had my $5.50 charge credited back to me this morning. No go.

Dilly101 said:   Just had my $5.50 charge credited back to me this morning. No go.

Ditto.

Just got issued a refund, can I leave a negative review of Angie's List on Angie's List?

yoregano said:   Potentially a good deal, and potentially a big letdown if a membership is required.

OP, you've been on FW since 2003. You should know how to post properly. The subject line should have more info (Angie's List, membership required?, YMMV, etc.).

The truth hurts? Any of you read the posting guidelines? Nobody likes correction, even when given reasonably.
Yep, the deal is dead, and more idiots keep showing up. You can't swing a virtual cat around here without hitting one.

Uh huh.

yup - order got canceled...

Cancelled.

got a $0 receipt, but my card was charged $5.50, waiting to see what happens

I just got a REFUND as I paid via paypal. I guess i wasn't a current memeber.

Cancelled...ouch...

cancelled refund from paypal smh

atrout18 said:   I called and was told they were having technical difficulties yesterday and even though my receipt said $0 I will receive my Lowe's gc.

Unless you are a current Angie's List member...I highly doubt it.

Just got this email:

We're flattered, really.

You recently purchased a $20 Lowe's Gift Card deal, but this offer is only valid for Angie's List members. Angie's List will issue a refund to your account within 10 business days.

All you schmucks who gave me red (see my post on first page) can apologize now (and transfer all those reds to the OP).

yoregano said:   All you schmucks who gave me red (see my post on first page) can apologize now (and transfer all those reds to the OP).

Apologize for what? I gave you red for being petty. You're still being petty. First you pointed out the potential of the deal falling through. While that was obviously true, no one ever appreciates the condescending "you should know better" tone that the message was delivered with, so you got red for it. You then had to add the "truth hurts" comment and call others idiots, which I'm sure got you more red. Then once the confirmations came back that the orders were being cancelled, you had to quote your previous post, as if gloating and happy that the deal fell through. Since you seemed so sure that this wouldn't pan out, I assume you never even tried for it, and are only coming back to this expired thread to post "I told you so".

Now you're asking for apologies? Obviously you don't understand that the reactions to your posts have nothing to do with the deal itself, but rather the maturity level and manner in which your opinions have been expressed.

My my dscline, you are rather presumptuous. You have made several errors in understanding. Allow me to clarify.

The "you should know better" was clearly directed to the OP, who, having been a longtime user of FW, should absolutely have known how to make a better post. The subject title is lacking in detail that should be there.

I further edited my original post--much of it tongue in cheek--as the reds starting accumulating. Notice the winkies and smileys and such? That's the way to demonstrate sarcasm in an online forum.

I am "gloating" here, again jokingly. None of this is that important in the real world. I see you too, are a longtime user of FW, so it is a bit troubling that you don't seem to understand the subtleties of online posting in a forum. Might I suggest you do some googling on the subject? (For further clarification, that last comment was [partially] made in sarcasm. Though I really do think you are not getting it.)

You know I changed my + to a - when this deal got declined - but after reading this little exchange I have gone ahead and added back a + to the OP.

Who knows if this deal will go through or not? By all appearances from the check out system it appeared to be legitimate.
Would you rather spend 2-3 minutes on the purchase on the chance that it will go through rather than miss it all together?

If the OP didn't post this - none of us would have even had the chance to get it.

Other posters can certainly add in a YMMV - or update the summary with past history. But, honestly, how many among us wouldn't have still tried to get in on the deal if we could - even if we knew there was only a 5% chance?
After all, it is only 2 minutes of time and maybe a few bucks tied up in pending payment for a week - certainly worth the risk.

If an OP takes their time to post a deal, others who have corrections should do them in a friendly straight forward way. Sarcasm (even if the intent is not mean) is really not necessary in those situations.
It would be great if everyone made/update their post to be precise - but if the OP only had 30 seconds to spend posting a deal, I'd rather that it gets up there than not.

yoregano said:   My my dscline, you are rather presumptuous. You have made several errors in understanding. Allow me to clarify.

The "you should know better" was clearly directed to the OP, who, having been a longtime user of FW, should absolutely have known how to make a better post. The subject title is lacking in detail that should be there.

I further edited my original post--much of it tongue in cheek--as the reds starting accumulating. Notice the winkies and smileys and such? That's the way to demonstrate sarcasm in an online forum.

I am "gloating" here, again jokingly. None of this is that important in the real world. I see you too, are a longtime user of FW, so it is a bit troubling that you don't seem to understand the subtleties of online posting in a forum. Might I suggest you do some googling on the subject? (For further clarification, that last comment was [partially] made in sarcasm. Though I really do think you are not getting it.)

I'm confused by your response, Ben. "Who knows if this deal will go through or not?" Several people have already posted that their orders were cancelled/refunded. If it were not clear at the time of the original post, it is now that the deal was valid only for members of AL.

I never said that the OP shouldn't have posted the deal. I am saying he should have posted that it was through AL in the subject line. And yes, a 10+ year member of FW should know this. Check the FW FAQ/posting guidelines.

Sarcasm was never directed at the OP. Sarcasm was directed at the many who gave me red when it turned out I was right. That's one of the byproducts of a ratings system.

yoregano said:   I'm confused by your response, Ben. "Who knows if this deal will go through or not?" Several people have already posted that their orders were cancelled/refunded. If it were not clear at the time of the original post, it is now that the deal was valid only for members of AL.

I never said that the OP shouldn't have posted the deal. I am saying he should have posted that it was through AL in the subject line. And yes, a 10+ year member of FW should know this. Check the FW FAQ/posting guidelines.

Sarcasm was never directed at the OP. Sarcasm was directed at the many who gave me red when it turned out I was right. That's one of the byproducts of a ratings system.

My statement of "Who knows if this deal will go through or not" was a generalization at the point of time any deal is posted. When it was posted, and when you replied - no one yet knew if it would. Obviously at this point we all know it is not going through.

My point is yes - it would be *nice* that everything was posted in the subject line - but does it really matter? It takes 5 seconds to hit the deal site and realize that it is AL. And, based on the transaction of the deal site, it did allow you to get the deal even without membership. In effect, AL has set up a bad transaction system as they allow non-members to place this order and then have to manually go back and cancel those that aren't.

Even though I didn't get in on this deal (as in my order was rejected), do you think I won't give 60 seconds to try and get in on a similar one in the future?

The fact is the OP posted a deal that no one else posted. I don't know what was in your original post, but even in it's edited state you take on tones that are accusatory ("you should know"), condescending ("the truth hurts", and outright obnoxious ("idiots").

What you could have done is add your info ("potentially a big letdown if a membership is required.") and any personal history. The rest is all unnecessary trolling.

AFAI am concerned your statements in their current form are just begging for red.

If you want to be a title nazi, apply for a moderator position.

Oh I agree, I started begging for red, after seeing all the red I got before adding my sarcastic edits. The deal (that turned out never was anyway) was done when I began editorializing. Again, a byproduct of a ratings system.

A few people gave me green in my first post. It's usually a minority that actually "get it."

yoregano said:   My my dscline, you are rather presumptuous. You have made several errors in understanding. Allow me to clarify. The "you should know better" was clearly directed to the OP...
Then my presumptions were correct, and I understood your post correctly. Just because your post was directed to the OP doesn't mean he's the only person who can find your post rude.

... the OP, who, having been a longtime user of FW, should absolutely have known how to make a better post. The subject title is lacking in detail that should be there.
As I said, the red had nothing to do with the deal itself, but rather, the manner in which you delivered your message. I agree that the OP could have thrown in a YMMV, or whatever. But is it necessary? Absolutely not. Personally, I don't need to be spoon fed every possible disclaimer in the title. It doesn't take that much time or effort to look at the deal and figure out for yourself if you want to do it or not. It's not like there was any risk in trying, no one had to spend gas driving out to a B&M store to find out the deal wasn't available. It took a minute to order, and if it falls through, you're out 1 minute of your life. Obviously not a big deal considering you've spent MUCH more time coming back and gloating even after determining that it wasn't for you. Personally, I appreciate people posting these "low-risk" deals, and I hope responses like yours don't scare people away from posting them. Having been around even longer than the OP, I miss the days when people didn't bitch & moan because there weren't enough disclaimers included in a post to have even the most stringent lawyers sign off on it. People seem to want everything neatly categorized for them in the title so they can just sit back and wait for the topic alerts to be delivered to them, rather than spending any effort reading the forum to see what might or might not be for them.

Notice the winkies and smileys and such? That's the way to demonstrate sarcasm in an online forum.
Yes, I'm familiar with emoticons, they've been around for decades. You can sprinkle as many of them in there as you want, but it doesn't hide the pedantic nature of your post. You can spray febreeze on a turd, but people still see it as a turd. But I'll add a in just to show that I'm really just teasing you in fun.

Like I said, only a minority get it.

Though with an element of .

The following is an excerpt from FW’s tips for how to properly format a deal post. Note that FW does not mention any overused terms like “spoon fed.”
How do I format a deal?

Have a deal to post, but you’re not sure what to do? First thing is first: click the button. Yep, I’m talking about the one on the top right of the Hot Deals Forum view that says “New Topic.” This will bring up the form you need.

Our community likes information presented in a certain way for a reason. They want to see all the relevant information at a glance so that they know whether they want to find out more (which could mean reading the thread or clicking the link to the deal). So, when creating a title, you might want to follow this basic format:

[manufacturer] [item description] [price] [store] [deal attributes]
Examples: Acme widget player 3000 $27 at Stuff-Mart FS YMMV

If you have a coupon, it might look something like this:
$30 off $50 at Merchant expires 12/31/2007

The exact format isn’t nearly as important as making as much information available at a glance as possible.

If ever you have questions about posting a deal, feel free to click “alert mods” from any post and ask the mod on duty for help.

Hi Ben! Glad to see you are still interested in this thread!

wriyaz said:   lowes card

Go to the website and register at the website. The order adds membership fee of $12. Uncheck the membership button the price shows up at $5.50 for the Lowes $20 gift card.

has anyone received this yet?

I just got mine in the mail today 2-9-2013. I was already a member of Angie's List. Thanks for the tip!

I got mine and was not a member. Wife's got cancelled.

the1percent said:   I got mine and was not a member. Wife's got cancelled.
So one person who is not a member of AL has reported to receiving the deal.

Yeah, this was a hot deal alright.

Coming back to this thread to reflect on my amusement over the big deal that never was and feeling vindicated for all the flak I got. Still waiting for for all those people that gave the OP green to report their satisfaction for receiving their GCs.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.