• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For those in the market for a cheap 9" tablet:

Linky

From the site:
Product Features
Slim body, 9" High Sensitivity 5-points touch Capacitive screen
Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
A13 processor 1.5 GHz, 512 MB DDR3, 8GB Storage
Wireless N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n), front camera for Skype video chat
Battery life up to 10 hours of continuous reading or 8 hours of video playback, with wireless off

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

1.5GHz Dual Core Tablet, 9" (51.89kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
lol

cbarkly (Jan. 24, 2013 @ 11:19a) |

BS; HTC ONE V, running quickly. I would prefer 1GB though but wouldn't expect it at this price point.

hakujin (Jan. 24, 2013 @ 4:55p) |

$143.19 when I clicked. No go.

ProzacBoy (Jan. 24, 2013 @ 10:03p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

All reviews were posted same day.....all 5 stars....

Not saying it is a bad product, but I would ignore the reviews.

i saw that too but looking at the reviews, 4 are verified purchases (which put me more at ease) and the listing says that the item just debuted today, 1/23

The tablet only has 512MB RAM.....

ep11365 said:   The tablet only has 512MB RAM.....

This isn't enuf memory to run 4.x Android well at all fyi

cbarkly said:   Was surfing in the annals (please, google the word and no jokes!!)

Funny, I was just reading throught the annals of Uranus on wikipedia myself...

Don't you love the way they changed the pronunciation of a major planet after years of calling it "ur anus?"

As they say in Japan: "Can't stand heat, get further from Sun."


.

corba said:   ep11365 said:   The tablet only has 512MB RAM.....

This isn't enuf memory to run 4.x Android well at all fyi


i googled for reviews of similar builds and this website (diff item) seems to show that it would run fine...im no expert though

Text

corba said:   ep11365 said:   The tablet only has 512MB RAM.....

This isn't enuf memory to run 4.x Android well at all fyi


My nook color has only 512MB of RAM, and its running 4.x, it might not be super fast, but that's because its a single core A8. This processor is at least an A9 and 1.5 GHz, so I think it should run ICS quite well. Might not be able to run games but for web browsing and book reading it should be great (I have no idea what the screen quality is like though).

Wait, I just clicked the link, this isn't a dual-core tablet, its a crappy A8 single core CPU, lame, I guess the specs were really too good to be true, alas...

No indication as to whether or not Play (Google's Android appstore) is installed or can be (easily) installed. Tablets not certified for Play often have other compatibilty problems.

Amazon clearly shows it has A13 processor. Check the op link
Additionally, product description says it comes pre-loaded with play store and the usual other apps

Screen Resolution 800 x 480. Better off with Blackberry playbook for this price..


cbarkly said:   
Additionally, product description says it comes pre-loaded with play store and the usual other apps

Sorry, I missed that. So, since pre-loaded Play requires Google certification, who is the manufacturer of this tablet? Any support site?

Used VG condition Nexus 7's are selling for as little as $110 on eBay. That gets you a 7" tablet with a 1280x800 IPS screen, 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, Jelly Bean OS 4.1, and a 1.3GHz quad-core CPU.

(Yes, I am a Nexus 7 owner.)

Buckmann said:   Used VG condition Nexus 7's are selling for as little as $110 on eBay. That gets you a 7" tablet with a 1280x800 IPS screen, 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, Jelly Bean OS 4.1, and a 1.3GHz quad-core CPU.

(Yes, I am a Nexus 7 owner.)


There's nothing worse than a cheap tablet. Most of their screens are just painful to look at. 800x480 on a low-quality, 9" panel will look awful.

I too would suggest a used Nexus 7 over this. Or why not a Nook Color running CM 7.2? Installing it yourself is easy these days. Performance will be at least as good as one of these no-name tablets, but the screen is 1024x600, IPS, 170 ppi.

I read a recent article where Acer has a 7" JB tablet with good specs, and I assume a decent battery where all the no name ones will far apart too soon, coming out for around $100 in the near future.

I agree that 1024x600 IPS is a lot sexier than an 800x480 screen. But, compared to its competition, the $94 price is hard to beat. Competitors at same specs are 30% more and seem to offer less speed (1.2GHz v 1.5GHz, for example).

This is no high-end tab but for the parent giving it to their 4 year old to play games and color, or for the low-end connoisseur (is there a such thing lol!), i think its a decent buy



one thought though - what is everyone's thoughts re: 7" v 9"? looks like a lot on the thread are comparing to 7" competition, but my thought as a consumer is that if Amazon specifically came out with a kindle at 8.9", there must have been internals that showed that the consumer would rather have 9" v 7" tablets. Surely, Amazon could have made kindle at 7" but chose 9". personally, i think bigger is better, but everyone will reserve their judgment. cheers

Long live 9 & 10 inch tablets!!!

800 x 480

Pass.

cbarkly said:   I agree that 1024x600 IPS is a lot sexier than an 800x480 screen. But, compared to its competition, the $94 price is hard to beat. Competitors at same specs are 30% more and seem to offer less speed (1.2GHz v 1.5GHz, for example).

This is no high-end tab but for the parent giving it to their 4 year old to play games and color, or for the low-end connoisseur (is there a such thing lol!), i think its a decent buy



one thought though - what is everyone's thoughts re: 7" v 9"? looks like a lot on the thread are comparing to 7" competition, but my thought as a consumer is that if Amazon specifically came out with a kindle at 8.9", there must have been internals that showed that the consumer would rather have 9" v 7" tablets. Surely, Amazon could have made kindle at 7" but chose 9". personally, i think bigger is better, but everyone will reserve their judgment. cheers


Personally I really don't like 9" tablets. They're just too much of an "in-between" device for me, i.e. too big for some things (certain games, quick online tasks, etc.) and just slightly too small for others (working with a Bluetooth keyboard on mid-sized documents or emails, etc.). Some people really do like them, though, which is why Amazon made one, as you mention.

I think the biggest mistake people make when buying a tablet is relying too much on the CPU/GPU specs, however. For me the screen quality makes or breaks it, and faster processors often do not translate into significantly better performance in the real world. All tablets give you a tablet-like experience these days, and I don't suspect that will change for a while.

ipad mini is a great size but the resolution needs to be more like 2560x1440

Buckmann said:   Used VG condition Nexus 7's are selling for as little as $110 on eBay. That gets you a 7" tablet with a 1280x800 IPS screen, 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, Jelly Bean OS 4.1, and a 1.3GHz quad-core CPU.

(Yes, I am a Nexus 7 owner.)


One single sale this low in the last two weeks as a "buy it now" is not quite the same as just popping over and grabbing one. The next cheapest fully functional unit went for $124.00 plus shipping and was listed as "heavy wear".

I saw your post and thought it made sense so I went and checked it out.

Just not very realistic I'm afraid.

Well probably one of the best bang for the bucks at the moment is this one for $140. Ainol Novo 7 Venus

miqie said:   Well probably one of the best bang for the bucks at the moment is this one for $140. Ainol Novo 7 Venus

Website shows: "What's more, Ainol Novo 7 Venus have Dual Camera,Build in 4000mAh barrety."

I like my barrety to be spelled like BATTERY. I think I'll stick to less "Ainol" for now

cbarkly said:   

Website shows: "What's more, Ainol Novo 7 Venus have Dual Camera,Build in 4000mAh barrety."

I like my barrety to be spelled like BATTERY. I think I'll stick to less "Ainol" for now


Maybe they meant "Annals" Nova 7 Venus.

> All reviews were posted same day.....all 5 stars....

Not only that but if you check the individual reviewers there are at least 5 reviewers that this is the only review to their name!

Beware it appears that the deck is being stacked...

The specs says the tablet weighs 3 lbs. Wow, that's heavy for a tablet!

I don't see any usefl / legitimate reiveiws on Amazon. Maybe I missed one (out of 12 total at the current time).

Require a link to a legitimate review for Amazon deals?
Can that be a requirement for all Amazon deal posts?

seller is us-based. may as well give them a call

danielfc said:   Long live 9 & 10 inch tablets!!!

lol

corba said:   ep11365 said:   The tablet only has 512MB RAM.....

This isn't enuf memory to run 4.x Android well at all fyi
BS; HTC ONE V, running quickly. I would prefer 1GB though but wouldn't expect it at this price point.

$143.19 when I clicked. No go.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014