Foscam Sale @ 1 Sale

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

1Sale.com
See 1Sale.com discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Foscam Sale
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Still show "processing"

dcg9381 (Feb. 12, 2013 @ 11:40a) |

That's past the point of ridiculous, you shouldn't have to wait 2-3 weeks after ordering. I suggest you call and compla... (more)

SuM0 (Feb. 12, 2013 @ 12:56p) |

They've responded twice. It takes 3 days for them to respond.
The first response was "allow 10 days for shipping" when I... (more)

dcg9381 (Feb. 13, 2013 @ 10:43a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

going fast

The day after I bought one, hah!

Looks like the older model(FI8918W) is sold out even though it is the same price($69.99) as the newer model(FI8910W). I guess Foscam's numbering system confused some folks.

Can't see why you would buy the older version when you can have the newer for same price?

FI8916W better than FI8910W? Is says better body construction and 2 year warranty?

FI8916W is like an updated FI8918W, I think. And the 8918 is definitely inferior to the 8910

Any concern about these being knockoffs?

FI8916W is ugly.

kstraka said:   FI8916W is like an updated FI8918W, I think. And the 8918 is definitely inferior to the 8910

Here's a buying guide:

Indoor 640x480 cam = 8910
Indoor 720p = 9821 (not a typo, really is 9821)
Outdoor = 8905

Do NOT buy an 8918 (indoor) or 8904 (outdoor), those are crappy models.

Thanks OP; I was looking to use one of these as a baby monitor and this is $10-$15 cheaper than I have found anywhere else!

In for two Outdoor = 8905. Thanks, OP. Green 4 u.

anyone know what the return policy is if these don't work out?

I ended up ordering 2 "like new" ones from Amazon warehouse for around $65 each (roughly 70 after taxes) since Amazon would be easy to deal with in case of problems...

8904 is wider view if you need it

8905 is smaller field of view.

Other lenses are available even tighter so better resolution at a distance.

I found this mount with free shipping, seems right

http://www.amazon.com/Mount-Extension-Bracket-Camera-ML-500L/dp/...

HRMHRMHRMHRM said:   8904 is wider view if you need it

Other lenses are available even tighter so better resolution at a distance.

I found this mount with free shipping, seems right

http://www.amazon.com/Mount-Extension-Bracket-Camera-ML-500L/dp/...

get one of these instead more adaters for different fits..

HRMHRMHRMHRM said:   8904 is wider view if you need it

True, but luckily the lens is very easily replacable. The 8905 comes with a 6mm lens, which is *fairly* of wide angle (43 degrees).

Does the 8904 have a 3.6mm (72 degrees)?

Edit: The 8910 has a 3.6mm lens.

clb4g9 said:   Thanks OP; I was looking to use one of these as a baby monitor and this is $10-$15 cheaper than I have found anywhere else!
Any good app to use these as baby monitor in ios and android?

Yes, it happens to be called "baby monitor". The one camera version is free and has audio. I use it on iOS 6.

premneo said:   clb4g9 said:   Thanks OP; I was looking to use one of these as a baby monitor and this is $10-$15 cheaper than I have found anywhere else!
Any good app to use these as baby monitor in ios and android?

I was about to buy an FI8910W anyway, this is a good deal. No returns, exchange only.

I've got a FI8918W, works well for babycam. 8910 is supposed to be a bit nicer (IR filter, better image quality). I really wanted to upgrade to the 9821 for HD, but all reviews I've seen are *awful*. Thanks OP.

Anyone get tracking numbers? My order still shows as "processing"

Still in processing for me as well - no tracking number, nothing since the 24th.

Yep.. same thing today

Well, I emailed them yesterday and they just told me to wait a few more days...I didn't realize they were this slow. Don't think I'll be ordering stuff from here any more, unless it's significantly cheaper. This same camera came up on sale at Amazon for the same price a few days later, should have ordered that one.

SuM0 said:   Well, I emailed them yesterday and they just told me to wait a few more days...I didn't realize they were this slow. Don't think I'll be ordering stuff from here any more, unless it's significantly cheaper. This same camera came up on sale at Amazon for the same price a few days later, should have ordered that one.
It definitely does seem like a long wait to ship. I think the sale page said something like "Please wait 10 business days", which is a long time (2 weeks) before they even ship. Agreed - unless something is really cheap & I don't care when I get it, I'll go with another site from now on.

This is more akin to the overseas shipping sites - they take forever but are cheap. I just didn't realize 1sale was so slow.

Really tempted to order one from Amazon (2-day shipping), and then use the 1sale one for other purposes. Plus, no returns with 1sale. Looking like a worse deal , though I'll be glad when I get it.

Same deal.. still says "processing" - not great. Emailed them today.

I finally got a shipping confirmation - so you guys should be receiving one soon as well!

SuM0 said:   I finally got a shipping confirmation - so you guys should be receiving one soon as well!
Same here. Should be here in 6 days?

I'll be glad when I get it, but man... these guys are slow!

I got a reply from them saying that they normally ship in "10 days". Note, it took 2 days for me to get a reply.
My order still says "processing". Won't buy from them again and may roll this transaction back... I understand high volume business, but this is ridiculous.

Mine still hasn't shipped...ridiculous.

Still show "processing"

That's past the point of ridiculous, you shouldn't have to wait 2-3 weeks after ordering. I suggest you call and complain, this is well beyond the "10 business day" that they state. I received mine soon after shipment, so the shipping is not too bad once they actually do send it.

They've responded twice. It takes 3 days for them to respond.
The first response was "allow 10 days for shipping" when I asked about the "processing" status of my order.
The second response was "we are experiencing a delay in shipping" - again, internal status shows "processing" without any tracking info.
I opened a paypal dispute and the cameras arrived 4 days later. They were shipped without packing material.
My order still shows "processing".
I won't buy from them again.

Arrived today. Status still shows "pending". I dropped the dispute to be nice, as I'm not sure they're even able to track.
Cameras look good, latest firmware. Got them setup and running tonight.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014