http://1saleaday.com/flash/viv-ip-1150-r/

You need to login to see it.

Condition: New
Packaging: Retail
Warranty: 1-Year
Manufacturer: Vivitar
Model: IP-1150

Features Include:

A charge from the IP-1150 adds up to 35 hours of run time to iPods and MP3 players, 5 hours of talk time to cell phones, 4 hours of talk time to smart phones or shoot up to 260 more photos with your digital camera
The Instant Power Charger can be charged up to 600 times using a laptop or any other USB power source, and can recharge your USB-compatible device up to three times on a single charge
Includes 3 power tips that are compatible with most phones (iPhone adapter not included)
Input Voltage: 5V
Input Current (max): 500mAh
Cell Type: Lithium Ion
Capacity: 1150mAh
Output Voltage: 5V~5.5V
Output Current: 500Ma
Dimensions:4.8 x 8.3 x 0.8"
Weight: 0.2 lbs.

Package Includes:
Instant USB Power Charger, 3x Power-Tips

1Sale.com
See 1Sale.com discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Vivitar VIV-IP-1150-R
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This gadget is cheap, but at 1150mAh, it is way underpowered compared to similar products that usually have 2000 or 4000mAh. Also, the dimensions are huge. That's more than double the size of some products that have double the capacity of this one. A big clunky battery is going to be very uncomfortable sitting in your pocket connected to your phone.

My guess is the dimension is the size of the container. The charger should be fairly small according to a review on Amazon. It won't charge your iPad but should be fine for your smartphone during a long flight.

kickerstarter said:   My guess is the dimension is the size of the container. The charger should be fairly small according to a review on Amazon. It won't charge your iPad but should be fine for your smartphone during a long flight.

I don't know about that. A lot of smartphones batteries are over 2000mAh these days. This thing will charge your phone half way (if it is really efficient). I am extremely dubious that this thing will get you across the Pacific, or even just across the Atlantic.

The 1150mAh is at 5V. I believe smartphone batteries are at a lower voltage so mAh is not an apple to apple comparison.

A typical smartphone can play video 6-8 hours continuously. If this thing can charge your phone half way, it will extend it to 9-12 hours. Even longer when you are in airplane mode. Besides, nothing prevents you from carrying multiple of these chargers.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.