• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

WD Blue
Disclaimer
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Use code EMCXWVS22 to knock down the price, must be an Egg suscriber.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Western Digital WD10EZEX
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

N41.

I got the 2TB Green for 59.99 with Bestbuy's 50 off 100 on Monday. I think this deal on the Blue is just warm.

The green drive is okay for storage but you wouldn't use it as the boot device.

cohcoh said:   I got the 2TB Green for 59.99 with Bestbuy's 50 off 100 on Monday. I think this deal on the Blue is just warm.

I'm guessing you must reboot >10 times per day Otherwise, why would you "really" care how long it takes your system to boot. Maximizing performance for runtime makes a lot more sense if than optimizing it for boot.

Actually I'm cloning drives and it takes twice as long to clone to or from a "green" drive...

WDC WD1002FAEX 1203 Passmark
WDC WD10EZRX 921 Passmark

http://www.harddrivebenchmark.net/hdd_list.php

wbrosche said:   I'm guessing you must reboot >10 times per day Otherwise, why would you "really" care how long it takes your system to boot. Maximizing performance for runtime makes a lot more sense if than optimizing it for boot.

wbrosche said:   I'm guessing you must reboot >10 times per day Otherwise, why would you "really" care how long it takes your system to boot. Maximizing performance for runtime makes a lot more sense if than optimizing it for boot.

It will be noticeably laggy if you use a green drive as your OS drive, not only on bootups. I don't mind waiting a few seconds every time I click on a folder on my 3TB WD green storage drive, but if I had to do that for every file I would go crazy. I personally only use WD black drives or SSDs for OS drives. I would use this blue drive as a staging / download drive and when it fills up I can move it over to my larger storage drives.

cohcoh said:   I have a SSD for booting. The green drive is for storage only. If you need a quick boot,why not use an SSD instead of a Blue? I just think the Green is a better choice for the $$. It also comes with a 3 year wanrranty.

SithMaster said:   The green drive is okay for storage but you wouldn't use it as the boot device.

cohcoh said:   I got the 2TB Green for 59.99 with Bestbuy's 50 off 100 on Monday. I think this deal on the Blue is just warm.

If you only had 1 drive in a system, what 1 drive would you recommend that has storage and speed for $69.99 ?

I think this has the best all around bang for the buck for a 1 drive system.

I use a green drive as OS drive and set up all the temporary files/internet Cache to a ramdisk virtual drive. It runs like crazily fast. I also never shut down the computer. Just sleep. Cannot see anything wrong with it.

Logician1313 said:   wbrosche said:   I'm guessing you must reboot >10 times per day Otherwise, why would you "really" care how long it takes your system to boot. Maximizing performance for runtime makes a lot more sense if than optimizing it for boot.

It will be noticeably laggy if you use a green drive as your OS drive, not only on bootups. I don't mind waiting a few seconds every time I click on a folder on my 3TB WD green storage drive, but if I had to do that for every file I would go crazy. I personally only use WD black drives or SSDs for OS drives. I would use this blue drive as a staging / download drive and when it fills up I can move it over to my larger storage drives.

qqzj said:   I use a green drive as OS drive and set up all the temporary files/internet Cache to a ramdisk virtual drive. It runs like crazily fast. I also never shut down the computer. Just sleep. Cannot see anything wrong with it.

Logician1313 said:   wbrosche said:   I'm guessing you must reboot >10 times per day Otherwise, why would you "really" care how long it takes your system to boot. Maximizing performance for runtime makes a lot more sense if than optimizing it for boot.

What is the purpose of that? Seems easier and cheaper to just get an SSD with a Caviar Blue storage drive.

SSD is still slower than Ramdisk. Also if you BT a lot, SSD and HD will be killed quickly. Ramdisk is the way to go.

JTausTX said:   qqzj said:   I use a green drive as OS drive and set up all the temporary files/internet Cache to a ramdisk virtual drive. It runs like crazily fast. I also never shut down the computer. Just sleep. Cannot see anything wrong with it.

What is the purpose of that? Seems easier and cheaper to just get an SSD with a Caviar Blue storage drive.

Can I use this one to replace my HP 250 gab sata 3 gb/shard drive for my HP 100b all in one PC? Thank you

Can I use this one to replace my HP 250 gb sata 3 gb/shard drive for my HP 100b all in one PC? Thank you

Too lazy to do a search huh ?

HP 100b Specs

wendymei said:   Can I use this one to replace my HP 250 gb sata 3 gb/shard drive for my HP 100b all in one PC? Thank you

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014