NEWEGG Mid Winter Mad Deals Sale

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

NE Logo
Disclaimer
Once again, this post is to keep a Mod from listing only the sale and no deal then putting it at the top of the "Best Deals" page for no reason.

I hate it when the Mods do this and so do most of you so help me try to stop it by posting you hate these "Sale Only, No Deal" posts but give the post green to get the mods attention.

Mid Winter Mad Deals

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Post looks good to me. Absolutely NOTHING worthwhile.

So, you hate when a mod posts a generic crappy deal, and has it at the top of the best deals page,

BUT, YOU want to do the same thing.

And exactly how is this helpful?

Mods clogging up best deals with crap vs you clogging up best deals with crap = regardless which of you do
it, it STILLS clogs up best deals with a crappy post AND I get a dinged worthless email!!

PURE GENIUS, Forrest

Do you see this post at the top of the "Best Deals" page dipstick ?

When I post it, it does not go immediately to the top of the best Deals page, it has to get a bunch of green to get there. Where a Mod posts it, it AUTOMATICALLY goes to the top of the Best Deals page.

Maybe check you're reading skills Einstein.

wolfsmane said:   So, you hate when a mod posts a generic crappy deal, and has it at the top of the best deals page,

BUT, YOU want to do the same thing.

And exactly how is this helpful?

Mods clogging up best deals with crap vs you clogging up best deals with crap = regardless which of you do
it, it STILLS clogs up best deals with a crappy post AND I get a dinged worthless email!!

PURE GENIUS, Forrest

Still a worthless post clogging up the best deals page AND sending me needless email alerts!

Ya and that's why the last one got massive green. You can lead a donkey to water...

wolfsmane said:   Still a worthless post clogging up the best deals page AND sending me needless email alerts!

Stop your whining AND quit private messaging me the same EXACT thing you post here, dipsh!t !

But he'd still be an a$$ making worthless posts AND crying like a baby!!

SithMaster said:   Ya and that's why the last one got massive green. You can lead a donkey to water...

wolfsmane said:   Still a worthless post clogging up the best deals page AND sending me needless email alerts!

I sent you one so you knew I responded. Go away boy, ya bother me !

wolfsmane said:   Stop your whining AND quit private messaging me the same EXACT thing you post here, dipsh!t !

Because the worthless email didn't tell me that you made a reply???

Go find your pacifier

SithMaster said:   I sent you one so you knew I responded.

wolfsmane said:   Stop your whining AND quit private messaging me the same EXACT thing you post here, dipsh!t !

It was the reply and I'm not trying to have a pi$$ing contest with you, if you're not onboard just go away.

wolfsmane said:   Because the worthless email didn't tell me that you made a reply???

Go find your pacifier

SithMaster said:   I sent you one so you knew I responded.

I think I need to filter these NE emails to trash until next October/November. Bleh.

SithMaster said:   When I post it, it does not go immediately to the top of the best Deals page, it has to get a bunch of green to get there. Where a Mod posts it, it AUTOMATICALLY goes to the top of the Best Deals page.This is not true. When you see the FatWalletTopDeals ID posting a thread, it is because the deal is already posted in Best Deals. The relationship is more like: When a Best Deal isn't created from a forum topic, one is automatically created for it.

However, your larger point that we (Best Deals editors as a group) should realize the ridiculousness of these crappy posts and stop creating them is 100% accurate in my estimation

oooo!!! pillow fight!

Solipsist said:   When you see the FatWalletTopDeals ID posting a thread, it is because the deal is already posted in Best Deals.

If it's already posted, then why repost? It makes me wonder if the mods themselves have issues with the search function for hot deals.

Newegg isn't as great as it used to be, but the overall product selection and fast shipping still make it my main stop for computer parts & components.

I agree that the "deals" are luke warm at best most of the time but so goes for the rest of the industry. It's a rough time right now.

cpabster said:   Newegg isn't as great as it used to be, but the overall product selection and fast shipping still make it my main stop for computer parts & components.

I agree that the "deals" are luke warm at best most of the time but so goes for the rest of the industry. It's a rough time right now.

Hopefully threads (and comments) like these will wake up the Newegg management trolls to the fact that their loyal customer base is extremely dissatisfied with the way things are going at the egg.

VivYip said:   Solipsist said:   When you see the FatWalletTopDeals ID posting a thread, it is because the deal is already posted in Best Deals.

If it's already posted, then why repost? It makes me wonder if the mods themselves have issues with the search function for hot deals.
It is not a matter of reposting. Every Best Deal must have a forum topic associated with it. If there isn't an existing forum topic to link to the Best Deal, a new forum topic is created.

For the record though, I can't speak for anyone else but personally I do have an issue with the search function... namely that I just don't like it

Most of the time I avoid using search by using store category views and other filtered and sorted forum views to avoid reposting in the forums

Solipsist said:   VivYip said:   Solipsist said:   When you see the FatWalletTopDeals ID posting a thread, it is because the deal is already posted in Best Deals.

It is not a matter of reposting. Every Best Deal must have a forum topic associated with it. If there isn't an existing forum topic to link to the Best Deal, a new forum topic is created.

For the record though, I can't speak for anyone else but personally I do have an issue with the search function... namely that I just don't like it

Most of the time I avoid using search by using store category views and other filtered and sorted forum views to avoid reposting in the forums

if there isn't a post about Newegg's hot deals, could it be there are NO hot deals deserving to be posted? The very fact is that if anything really was hot, it WOULD get posted once the new eggians check Newegg out that day. If it is a worthy sale, it will get posted.

FrugalFreak said:   Solipsist said:   VivYip said:   Solipsist said:   When you see the FatWalletTopDeals ID posting a thread, it is because the deal is already posted in Best Deals.

if there isn't a post about Newegg's hot deals, could it be there are NO hot deals deserving to be posted? The very fact is that if anything really was hot, it WOULD get posted once the new eggians check Newegg out that day. If it is a worthy sale, it will get posted.
You're preaching to the choir here. The bit of discussion you are quoting is related to the general mechanics of Best Deals posting and the the relationship between staff posted forum topics and Best Deals.

I am already on record several times as agreeing that posting these sales is bad form & that it needs to stop... most recently in the omitted part of the original quote referred to above
Solipsist said:   SithMaster said:   When I post it, it does not go immediately to the top of the best Deals page, it has to get a bunch of green to get there. Where a Mod posts it, it AUTOMATICALLY goes to the top of the Best Deals page.This is not true. When you see the FatWalletTopDeals ID posting a thread, it is because the deal is already posted in Best Deals. The relationship is more like: When a Best Deal isn't created from a forum topic, one is automatically created for it.

However, your larger point that we (Best Deals editors as a group) should realize the ridiculousness of these crappy posts and stop creating them is 100% accurate in my estimation

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014