• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

RJ-45 Cable
Disclaimer
Cat5e Link

Ultra 500FT 350MHz Unshielded Twisted Pair CAT5e Stranded Patch Network Cable - 500FT, CAT5e, UTP, White
Item#: U12-41805
Model#: U12-41805

$49.99 - $25 coupon GVD81166 = $24.99

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

cable
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

cheapest shipping option for me was between $6-$7.

looks like a good deal.

There is no free shipping.

Yup. No free ship but a very good deal none the less.

Thanks. In for 1. I've been wanting to move my second router about 100'.

Notes:
Not rated for in-wall use (CL2)
Not rated for ducted use (Plenum)
Stranded (not solid) core (lower throughput at distance, but more durable)

This is great for making your own patch cables, but isn't the best product for permanent placement, in-wall use, or long-distance runs.

I don't see a lot details on this... what's the conductor diameter of the strands? I ask because I bought some cheapo cable that--although it seems to work fine--the cable is noticeably thinner than standard Cat5. Would this be the same?

Also, for those who would be buying this plus shipping, what makes this better than the 500ft cable you can get off of eBay for $29-30 bucks shipped?

As taipan mentioned and the description says "stranded". best use will be patch cable.
I got 700' CAT6 open box leftover on eBay for $70. Riser rated solid copper not CCA. Plan to move the electronics to a space upstairs and already run the wires thru the wall as it was riser rated.
There are some CAT5e/CAT6 plenum/riser rated listings for cheap but are CCA (copper coated Aluminium)

500ft cat5e can be found on Amazawn for $29.99 w/ free shipping..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014