• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I personally have this TV, it absolutely rocks & will vouch for how great it is:

Link to Sams TV

Link to Costco TV $1,549

Costco gives you 90 day price protection & 2 years of warranty included, Sams offers 4 years of 4 square for $99 (1 year standard warranty).

This season, go big with VIZIO! The E-Series 70” Class Razor LED™ Smart TV is shattering the mold in a way only VIZIO can, with high-quality design and picture at the best value. Enjoy crystal-clear action and eye-popping images in 1080p Full HD resolution with 120Hz refresh rate with smooth motion.

A slim frame design with ultra thin profile makes this a stunning entertainment centerpiece in any living space. VIZIO Internet Apps® with built-in WiFi gives you instant access to a world of streaming movies, TV shows, music, and more – all at the push of a button on the smart remote with keyboard. This 70" Class Razor LED™ Smart TV gives you more of what you love about TV with all the brilliant picture quality and world-class support you’d expect from America’s LCD HDTV Company.

This season, go big with VIZIO! The E-Series 70” Class Razor LED™ Smart TV is shattering the mold in a way only VIZIO can, with high-quality design and picture at the best value. Enjoy crystal-clear action and eye-popping images in 1080p Full HD resolution with 120Hz refresh rate with smooth motion.
A slim frame design with ultra thin profile makes this a stunning entertainment centerpiece in any living space. VIZIO Internet Apps® with built-in WiFi gives you instant access to a world of streaming movies, TV shows, music, and more – all at the push of a button on the smart remote with keyboard. This 70" Class Razor LED™ Smart TV gives you more of what you love about TV with all the brilliant picture quality and world-class service you’d expect from America’s LCD HDTV Company.

Key Features and Benefits

•VIZIO Internet Apps® – Instantly enjoy online movies, TV shows, music, apps and more
•Razor LED™ for richer colors and more vivid details in an ultra thin design
•Slim frame design with ultra thin profile beautifully enhances any living space
•Smart remote with QWERTY keyboard
•Built-in WiFi for easy internet access
•120Hz with smooth motion delivers stunning detail and clarity in every image
•1080p Full HD resolution for a crystal-clear picture
•A slim outer frame delivers a more immersive picture with less frame around the TV
•1 million to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio for deeper blacks
•SRS StudioSound HD™ delivers crisp, clear audio
•Four HDMI ports – perfect for cable boxes, game consoles, Blu-ray players and more
•More energy efficient than conventional LCD HDTVs*
•USB Multimedia – photos, music, and videos
•Ambient light sensor auto-adjust picture to room lighting

Member Summary

Vizio TV
Thanks polishdreamer
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Anybody else getting one?

polishdreamer (Apr. 13, 2013 @ 8:32a) |

The Costco warranty makes this the better place to buy this now.

polishdreamer (Apr. 14, 2013 @ 7:38a) |

Deal is dead again.

polishdreamer (Apr. 21, 2013 @ 9:52a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Costco's Black Friday deal was $1,499 for one-day but since you have a 90 days price adjustment, you might see that price again in the next 3 months.

I used to pay 14" TV for this much, I guess I'm a dinosaur.

tougher said:   I used to pay 14" TV for this much, I guess I'm a dinosaur.

LOL, Funny.

My Vizio LED went poof two nights ago, only 4 months old too. Get the warranty

DrSachmo said:   My Vizio LED went poof two nights ago, only 4 months old too. Get the warranty

What size / model was the TV ? Forgive me as well but being 10 posts in as you are, I have a hard time believing this anyway.

Amazon has it for $1599 with free shipping. Costco shipping is $50.

DrSachmo said:   My Vizio LED went poof two nights ago, only 4 months old too. Get the warranty
You don't have to "get the warranty" It comes with a warranty that covers you at 4 months. I have one 5 years old that still works great.

meetdhananjay said:   Amazon has it for $1599 with free shipping. Costco shipping is $50.

Cost of shipping at Amazon was $86 to me, you also don't get any price protection (90 Days costco)/ 2nd year warratny free or the ability to buy a 4 square warranty for $99 versus the $206 Amazon tries to sell you.

Link to Amazon

polishdreamer said:   Forgive me as well but being 10 posts in as you are, I have a hard time believing this anyway.

Yeah, no TV ever goes bad after only 10 posts...

Good grief.

Me personally, I'd stay away from Vizio's. IMHO, samsung and Sony are much better quality both in build and screen.

slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   Forgive me as well but being 10 posts in as you are, I have a hard time believing this anyway.

Good grief.

I'm not saying that, it's just ironic that 10 posts in he supposedly has a problem with a TV. Is it a 7 year old Vizio or 4 month old, there's a big difference & one is under warranty.

Great deal

ihaslittledolla said:   Me personally, I'd stay away from Vizio's. IMHO, samsung and Sony are much better quality both in build and screen.

How much is a 70" Sony / Samsung Smart TV ?

polishdreamer said:   slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   Forgive me as well but being 10 posts in as you are, I have a hard time believing this anyway.

Good grief.

I'm not saying that, it's just ironic that 10 posts in he supposedly has a problem with a TV. Is it a 7 year old Vizio or 4 month old, there's a big difference & one is under warranty.

Ok first of all, it is not ironic and second, people have purchased TV's before becoming Fatwallet members. Strange I know!

Stoodo said:   polishdreamer said:   slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   Forgive me as well but being 10 posts in as you are, I have a hard time believing this anyway.

Good grief.

Ok first of all, it is not ironic and second, people have purchased TV's before becoming Fatwallet members. Strange I know!

Sorry for his TV messing up now back on topic, this is a great TV.

slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   Forgive me as well but being 10 posts in as you are, I have a hard time believing this anyway.

Good grief.

SD45, please, don't be so ignorant. Polishdreamer wasn't commenting on the length of time that a TV could go bad - that would be downright silly. He was commenting on veracity. His comment stated that one cannot post honestly and accurately with only 10 posts under one's belt. It is well known here that it requires at least 25 posts before one can learn, develop and acquire honesty and candor. I myself was a filthy, witless liar from birth until approximately my 46th post here on FW, when the light suddenly shined upon me and I began to comprehend the distinction between deceitful fabrication and truth.

lousygolfer said:   slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   Forgive me as well but being 10 posts in as you are, I have a hard time believing this anyway.

Good grief.

SD45, please, don't be so ignorant. Polishdreamer wasn't commenting on the length of time that a TV could go bad - that would be downright silly. He was commenting on veracity. His comment stated that one cannot post honestly and accurately with only 10 posts under one's belt. It is well known here that it requires at least 25 posts before one can learn, develop and acquire honesty and candor. I myself was a filthy, witless liar from birth until approximately my 46th post here on FW, when the light suddenly shined upon me and I began to comprehend the distinction between deceitful fabrication and truth.

Haha. I love how eloquent and sarcastic some fw members are. Ive always wondered if you guys/gals exude that same wit in person

lousygolfer said:   slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   Forgive me as well but being 10 posts in as you are, I have a hard time believing this anyway.

Good grief.

I like to see some time, posts under someone's belt before their to fully be taken seriously by me. If you want to believe everyone that posted 1 time vs 3,000 times, then there's a bridge waiting for your purchase.

polishdreamer said:   I like to see some time, posts under someone's belt before their to fully be taken seriously by me. If you want to believe everyone that posted 1 time vs 3,000 times, then there's a bridge waiting for your purchase.

I think there's quite a significant difference between a newbie saying "I had one of these TVs and it went bad on me" and one saying "This offer for free software when you exchange your very real e-mail address on register at website is very fine deal. I have much big experience with www.scam-o-the-day.com and this seller is very pleasing great!"

polishdreamer said:   I like to see some time, posts under someone's belt before their to fully be taken seriously by me. If you want to believe everyone that posted 1 time vs 3,000 times, then there's a bridge waiting for your purchase.

What does 9,000 posts say about someone, other than that they spend far too much of their free time here?

polishdreamer said:   DrSachmo said:   My Vizio LED went poof two nights ago, only 4 months old too. Get the warranty

What size / model was the TV ? Forgive me as well but being 10 posts in as you are, I have a hard time believing this anyway.

sorry for the typo, it was 14 months not 4 months.

Model is XVT373SV

I love the TV, just needs fixed so it works again

For comparison, you can get a 70" Sharp at HHGregg this week for around $1600 with a 10% off coupon from their website. Not a Smart TV, but that's just a gimmick IMO anyway.

Anyone know if this has true 120hz or 60hz with enhancement?

dcwilbur said:   For comparison, you can get a 70" Sharp at HHGregg this week for around $1600 with a 10% off coupon from their website. Not a Smart TV, but that's just a gimmick IMO anyway.

Gimmick? Not for me. I am still sporting a 36" Sony Boat Anchor but bought a Smart BR player just for the "Smart" capabilty. Nice to stream Pandora, Netflix, watching NFL Bad Lipsyncing on You Tube and much more. Reminds me of the HP rep that told me in 1995 that I would never, in my lifetime, fill up a 2GB hard drive.

meetdhananjay said:   Amazon has it for $1599 with free shipping. Costco shipping is $50.

Not to mention no tax is huge.

DrSachmo said:   polishdreamer said:   DrSachmo said:   My Vizio LED went poof two nights ago, only 4 months old too. Get the warranty

sorry for the typo, it was 14 months not 4 months.

Model is XVT373SV

I love the TV, just needs fixed so it works again

A 37" TV from 14 months ago is more believable, it's also a completely different class of TV than the 70" as well. Any electronic piece can be bad or break, that's happened to all of us. Goodluck getting it fixed.

rebcon1 said:   Anyone know if this has true 120hz or 60hz with enhancement?

I guess that depends on what you mean by enhancement. If by that you mean that the TV does something between actual frames then yes. But all TVs that say more than 60Hz does this. It is just what they do that is different. In any case, I assume you really want to know how smooth the picture is especially with sports and action scenes. I have the 60" version of this and have been completely satisfied with the picture for fast motion scenes. The thing is that the refresh rate issue is cloudy at best. I was a firm believer that 60Hz was not good up until recently and now I begin to realize that it is not as simple as just getting a higher refresh. And from a signal standpoint, I just can't see how you get anything from information that just is not there. Anyway it is not a 60Hz TV.

The 60" model is $888 at Sams Club (I'm sure similar at Costco). Supposedly $899 at Target this weekend.
I can vouch that 70" is quite a bit bigger than 60" but for almost half price.. I went with the 60". Later on when 80" become that cheap I'll move the 60" to the bathroom

pitflyer said:   The 60" model is $888 at Sams Club (I'm sure similar at Costco). Supposedly $899 at Target this weekend.
I can vouch that 70" is quite a bit bigger than 60" but for almost half price.. I went with the 60". Later on when 80" become that cheap I'll move the 60" to the bathroom

60" in the bathroom, lol.

pitflyer said:   The 60" model is $888 at Sams Club (I'm sure similar at Costco). Supposedly $899 at Target this weekend.

Master Bathroom, I hope.

Somehow I can see a FW'er or two with a 60" a couple inches in front of them on the can. LMAO.

Drew510 said:   dcwilbur said:   For comparison, you can get a 70" Sharp at HHGregg this week for around $1600 with a 10% off coupon from their website. Not a Smart TV, but that's just a gimmick IMO anyway.Gimmick? Not for me. I am still sporting a 36" Sony Boat Anchor but bought a Smart BR player just for the "Smart" capabilty. Nice to stream Pandora, Netflix, watching NFL Bad Lipsyncing on You Tube and much more. Reminds me of the HP rep that told me in 1995 that I would never, in my lifetime, fill up a 2GB hard drive.Gimmick might be the wrong word. My point is that I'm not going to pay an extra $300 to get features that I already get with at least three other boxes that are already connected to my TV (Xbox, Wii and DirecTV receiver). I can already get to Netflix, pandora, youtube, etc., with those. If you don't have those, you can get another box for much less that will also do the same thing.

dcwilbur said:   Gimmick might be the wrong word. My point is that I'm not going to pay an extra $300 to get features that I already get with at least three other boxes that are already connected to my TV (Xbox, Wii and DirecTV receiver). I can already get to Netflix, pandora, youtube, etc., with those. If you don't have those, you can get another box for much less that will also do the same thing.

But if you want a better quality picture, you're largely stuck buying a TV that includes "smart" features. I don't know of any top-tier (which doesn't include Vizio, PD) brands that offer their best panels without smart TV features.

polishdreamer said:   Forgive me as well but being 10 posts in as you are, I have a hard time believing this anyway.
Hey, some of us remember when you only had 10 posts.

I have several Vizios going back to 2007, all work fine & would get another. However there is a problem with the Hulu app on their smart TVs - the streaming will stall randomly. Vizio customer service knows about this and they have admitted to not having a fix (although they will try to distract you with false fixes such as blaming your internet bandwidth or telling you to completely empty your queque). Fortunately there are many alternate devices on which the app works just fine. Just a heads up in case this is your first smart device and you are looking especially at Hulu.

aedgington said:   polishdreamer said:   Forgive me as well but being 10 posts in as you are, I have a hard time believing this anyway.
Hey, some of us remember when you only had 10 posts.

OP can rack up 10 posts just by bumping his own post repeatedly. I hope this deal expires soon !

dcwilbur said:   Drew510 said:   dcwilbur said:   For comparison, you can get a 70" Sharp at HHGregg this week for around $1600 with a 10% off coupon from their website. Not a Smart TV, but that's just a gimmick IMO anyway.Gimmick? Not for me. I am still sporting a 36" Sony Boat Anchor but bought a Smart BR player just for the "Smart" capabilty. Nice to stream Pandora, Netflix, watching NFL Bad Lipsyncing on You Tube and much more. Reminds me of the HP rep that told me in 1995 that I would never, in my lifetime, fill up a 2GB hard drive.Gimmick might be the wrong word. My point is that I'm not going to pay an extra $300 to get features that I already get with at least three other boxes that are already connected to my TV (Xbox, Wii and DirecTV receiver). I can already get to Netflix, pandora, youtube, etc., with those. If you don't have those, you can get another box for much less that will also do the same thing.

Valid point, but like someone else said, it is getting harder and harder to find a good TV that doesn't have it. At least you can still get a nice TV without 3D. That's closer to gimmick territory (IMHO).

pitflyer said:   The 60" model is $888 at Sams Club (I'm sure similar at Costco).

That's not too far off from what I paid for the aforementioned boat anchor. Guessing that was around 2004ish maybe?

I wanted to like this TV but it had a couple (three actually) problems that made it difficult to live with.

The first problem was a definite shift toward green that was impossible to get rid off. It is possible this was limited to my unit only but I was reluctant to take a chance on that. The second and more serious issue was with off-axis viewing. I have an L-shaped seating area and viewing from any location other than directly in front of the set very disappointing. Colors began to wash out with as little as a 20-30 degree viewing angle shift. I understand this can be somewhat of a problem with some (all perhaps?) edge-lit LCD's but did not expect it to be this bad. I'm sure back-lit LED's would have helped but of course the unit would have to be a little thicker, and perhaps a little more expensive. Lastly, even straight-on viewing showed a lack of brightness uniformity across the screen. The edges (sides) were very bright and sharp, center screen much less so. This also resulted in differing black levels across the screen.

I am in the process of returning the set. I do think Vizio is on the right track and there were bright spots to the 70". If the back-light issues were addressed, I thing most of the issues would go away (assuming the tint problem was my model only).

As always, Amazon was extremely easy to deal with. Love their customer-oriented focus.

==================================

like this Amazon review, this is my main concern with lcd tv's compared to a plasma.

Skipping 119 Messages...
Deal is dead again.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014