• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
tooloud said:   slickdeal45 said:   So your advice is useless for the vast majority of folks, eh?

Hmm, maybe just useless for you. There's a whole big world out there beyond your nose. FWIW, 100% of the four HDTVs in my house have at least one analog HD source plugged into them.

Which, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not a low-end panel like this one exhibits motion blur...

slickdeal45 said:   tooloud said:   slickdeal45 said:   So your advice is useless for the vast majority of folks, eh?

Hmm, maybe just useless for you. There's a whole big world out there beyond your nose. FWIW, 100% of the four HDTVs in my house have at least one analog HD source plugged into them.

Which, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not a low-end panel like this one exhibits motion blur...

Low-end panel ?? This TV rocks, so anything to the contrary is based on a lack of knowledge or experience with it.

polishdreamer said:   Low-end panel ?? This TV rocks, so anything to the contrary is based on a lack of knowledge or experience with it.

It's Vizio's economy line, correct? It's a low-end panel. That's not a knock--it's a fact. It's like saying that a Corolla is a low-end car.

Why are you so defensive?

ihaslittledolla said:   Me personally, I'd stay away from Vizio's. IMHO, samsung and Sony are much better quality both in build and screen.

its not the motion in the ocean, size does matter!

slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   Low-end panel ?? This TV rocks, so anything to the contrary is based on a lack of knowledge or experience with it.

It's Vizio's economy line, correct? It's a low-end panel. That's not a knock--it's a fact. It's like saying that a Corolla is a low-end car.

Why are you so defensive?

There is no where that reads this is a low-end panel, that's your crude personal opinion on this TV. 70" panels on a value-line are not low-end, 37" or less than yes it's a low-end panel.

Vizio is a value brand, that's just a fact. That's not to say the same "low end" panel isn't used in other manufacturers' displays (they all come out of the same Chinese production lines) but yeah Vizio is not a high end manufacturer.

Now that said a 70" display for less than $1600 is nuts I recall paying about $1700 for a 42" back in the day.

polishdreamer said:   There is no where that reads this is a low-end panel, that's your crude personal opinion on this TV. 70" panels on a value-line are not low-end, 37" or less than yes it's a low-end panel.

Then exactly what kind of a panel is it, PD, since you pretend to be in the know?

slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   There is no where that reads this is a low-end panel, that's your crude personal opinion on this TV. 70" panels on a value-line are not low-end, 37" or less than yes it's a low-end panel.

Then exactly what kind of a panel is it, PD, since you pretend to be in the know?

It's a high-end value panel, which is equal to a good middle of the road panel.

polishdreamer said:   

What a load of BS. You're just tossing words together.

What kind of panel is it?

slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   

It uses a Sharp X Gen ASV non UV2a panel, which is generally considered a less sophisticated (i.e. cheaper) panel compared to the UV2a panels made by Sharp.

Zetroc said:   slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   

It uses a Sharp X Gen ASV non UV2a panel, which is generally considered a less sophisticated (i.e. cheaper) panel compared to the UV2a panels made by Sharp.

Do you have a link?

polishdreamer said:   nbha said:   Bought mine from Amazon a few days ago and submitted a price adjustment request.

Was denied. They told me that they need to add a $50 shipping and handling cost (Sam's Club website CLEARLY says free shipping) and a $40 membership fee.

The thing they're missing is that I have to pay state tax to Amazon in my state. So lower price = better place to purchase. And I already have a Sams Club membership fee (I wouldn't be buying a $40 membership to just buy this TV!). And I live 2 miles away from a Sam's Club.

So I can buy from Amazon and wait for delivery. Or go get it right now at Sams Club for $52 less.

Their policy sounds great, but in practice I'm much better off just buying at Sam's!

I have forwarded the earlier email that was posted in this thread ("We refunded you $52") and said my "friend" got a refund and that I should too. Let's see what their response it

Can't believe they would refund one person and not another on the identical item under an identical policy!

You can also get a 4 square warranty which gives you an additional 4 years of warranty (5 years total) for $99 from Sams.

If the TV doesn't break after 2 years it probably won't. Extended warranties are a waste of money!

Zetroc said:   slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   

This is the detail information I would rather see than some guy saying it is junk because Vizio's marketing department decided to put the word "Economy" in the name. For those interested, the AVS Forums have an owners thread with a lot of posts in there about the quality of this TV. More interesting than the PD and SD fight going on here.

I blocked PD and SD days ago. They only provide wasted space on this thread!

MiamiHeat said:   I blocked PD and SD days ago. They only provide wasted space on this thread!

It's cool, we all make choices.

FriendlyPeon said:   Zetroc said:   slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   

This is the detail information I would rather see than some guy saying it is junk because Vizio's marketing department decided to put the word "Economy" in the name. For those interested, the AVS Forums have an owners thread with a lot of posts in there about the quality of this TV. More interesting than the PD and SD fight going on here.

I'm not in any fight here, every deal stands on it's own.

I've been waiting forever to mark this "dead"

jwengerd said:   I've been waiting forever to mark this "dead"
Me too. Just 6 more days and 42 PD bumps on his own post to go !

You guys are the greatest.

Man this thread moved quick. Prices of tv's are dropping quick. Yes a YMMV but at a local place I got this same tv for $600 plus tax.

http://www.electronicexpress.com/catalog/20741/Samsung-UN60EH6000

Gonna sell my older 50" plasma on CL for $275 so Im making out. What does this have to do with this thread? Nothing but regardless of where I bought it or warranty I will be happy.

blueis300 said:   Man this thread moved quick. Prices of tv's are dropping quick. Yes a YMMV but at a local place I got this same tv for $600 plus tax.

http://www.electronicexpress.com/catalog/20741/Samsung-UN60EH600...

Gonna sell my older 50" plasma on CL for $275 so Im making out. What does this have to do with this thread? Nothing but regardless of where I bought it or warranty I will be happy.

I'm not following your point here but congrats on the new TV.

jwengerd said:   I've been waiting forever to mark this "dead"

Costco will have their deal remarked by then, so this will go on and on for your enjoyment.

FriendlyPeon said:   Zetroc said:   slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   

Can we have a link please??? Thanks.

polishdreamer said:   FriendlyPeon said:   Zetroc said:   slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   

Ok well you asked for it.....Owners Forum Thread

FriendlyPeon said:   polishdreamer said:   FriendlyPeon said:   Zetroc said:   slickdeal45 said:   polishdreamer said:   

Ok well you asked for it.....Owners Forum Thread

I just went through the whole thread, they're all pretty positive about it & even give advice how to tune it. Anyone clammering that this is a low-end panel or this TV isn't good obviously doesn't own one.

polishdreamer said:   JohnTheDoe said:   And dont forget "Bose speakers"!!!!

321? LOL, nobody sane buys that.

That was a satire

JohnTheDoe said:   polishdreamer said:   JohnTheDoe said:   And dont forget "Bose speakers"!!!!

321? LOL, nobody sane buys that.

That was a satire

LOL, cool.

Deal is still on.

F/U - Received our TV last week and mounted it on the wall. We LOVE it! Thanks to all for their reviews.

leonardml said:   F/U - Received our TV last week and mounted it on the wall. We LOVE it! Thanks to all for their reviews.

Did you get it from Amazon ??

Thankfully the deal is dead ! $1679.99 at Costco and $1768 at Sams

Well that was fun, I honestly learned a lot here.

lesliemorris said:   Well that was fun, I honestly learned a lot here.

It was a good thread, let's keep an eye on the prices.

$1620 at Costco now.

$1,548 at Sams again!!!

It's on.

Anybody else getting one?

The Costco warranty makes this the better place to buy this now.

Deal is dead again.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.