• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Kohl's
See Kohl's discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Kohls
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

20% off
Thanks archena
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Kohl's Coupons:
    BEACH
    15% off any order (expires 8/28/14 12:59am)
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm somewhat disgusted with Kohl's over the last 8-12 months. It used to be that I could find deals that a FW fan would approve of; A $3 t-shirt, or a $9 flannel shirt (as winter winds down), or the occasional deal in housewares.

Now it seems that a run-of-the-mill hawaiian shirt might read "Regular $60, marked down to $20, over 60% off!", or a bedding set "Regular $299, on clearance for $109!!!".

I think it's important to pause and ask yourself - Is it worth $20 (or $109) to start with? 8 out of 10 times, the answer to myself is 'No!'...

Who's with me?

I'm with you. I'm disgusted with the Kohls cash policy. You can't exchange anything bought with the Kohls cash or bought to earn the Kohls cash. It's ridiculous. Everyone gets a wrong size sometimes, or something just doesn't fit they way you had hoped (esp. if you order online.) So it's unreasonable to think that no one ever needs to exchange. If you're keeping your money in their store, then they should make a mechanism for facilitating this without having to go beg at the customer service counter for an exception. Makes me not even want to shop there!

I only shop there if it's 1.) on sale, 2.) earning me Kohls cash, 3.) I get an extra % off for using my Kohls charge. Otherwise - forget it! You can't even THINK of paying regular price for an item for exactly the reason the above poster is pointing out - everything regular priced is 200% inflated to start with! So the "sale" is just bringing it down to what it should cost regularly. You have to have an additional coupon to make it any kind of deal.

(Go ahead and red me if you want, since this IS an o/t rant, BUT "HE" started it! (LOL!) That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Ha!)

I think it's a fair policy - you or I wouldn't think to abuse the Kohl's cash but others would, and they would buy hundreds of $$$ of stuff, earn a ton of cash then return everything and keep the cash. Kohl's already has a no questions asked return policy, so don't put it past people to take advantage of things like that.

I agree with you that to shop at Kohl's with anything less than a 30% coupon is insane, as everything gets marked up after sales, and it seems like, during the Kohl's Cash periods. But honestly, it's extra money credit, so it's all bonus in my mind.

any F/S codes?

Winter clearance is going on. Noticed a lot of winter gear was in the 60-75% off range, so I picked up a hat, gloves, and scarves for about $4 each after the 20% off coupon. Also, the Goldtoe PowerSox Merino Wool socks (crew or ankle length) are on sale for $8.40 in the store for 2 pair, and you can take 20% off on top of that.

Very nice, especially considering it's about 25 degrees outside right now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014