• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Newest Generation 13.3in Macbook Air MD231LL/A, $999.99 + Free Shipping @ Best Buy

For Friday and Saturday only, Best Buy has the newest generation 13.3in. Macbook Air on sale for $999.99 with free shipping.

They also have the 11.6in. display for $799.99
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

13.3 inch Macbook Air MD231LL/A - $999.99
•128GB flash storage
•1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz) with 3MB shared L3 Cache
•4GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
•Intel HD Graphics 4000
•802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
•Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-... _______________________________________________________________________________________________

11.6 inch Macbook Air MD223LL/A $799.99
•128GB flash storage
•1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz) with 3MB shared L3 Cache
•4GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
•Intel HD Graphics 4000
•802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
•Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-...

Starks op

Member Summary

Macbook Air MD231LL/A
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I wonder if Amazon will match the 11.6 price too?

dave4ster (Jan. 26, 2013 @ 9:45a) |

Awesome deal - returning the one I bought on Amazon over the holidays to get in on this one!

leeklight1 (Jan. 26, 2013 @ 1:25p) |

Call Amazon and they'll do a price match -- much easier than hassling with shipping it back etc.

fatwellatio (Jan. 28, 2013 @ 9:42p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice configuration.

wow the 11in is an amazing deal

Wow, that almost could be considered reasonable. I mean mac usually offers a core2duo at this price range.

Does anyone know when (if?) flash storage will come down in price? I have seen it get a little cheaper but not much.

I am in the market for a new Mac. Thanks butcher boy.

I am going to assume changing the ssd in the 11.6 is not supposed to be done by a customer and would void the warranty, but does anyone know how hard it would be?

OP, the 11.6 inch is the 64gb version, not the 128gb version.

RAM is not upgrade-able. hard drive is definitely not the normal 2.5" form factor. I believe OWC sells Air SSDs. They're not cheap and they're funky looking.

I'm guessing they're about to announce a new Air with newer specs. If you need a computer the 11.6" isn't a bad deal. For comparison, the 2gb ram/64gb SSD 11.6" can be had on CL and eBay gently used for $600-700 all day long.

Doing some comparison shopping between the 11.6 128gb macbook air ($899) and any Windows' laptops that are about the same. The obvious choice was the Acer S7 that has the same specs except with a higher resolution screen and a touchscreen. The S7 is on sale at Newegg.com for $1099 ($100 off the normal price). Considering the differences, I would say they are priced about equal.

pass this, waiting for the Retina Air.

The Airs have always been quite competitively priced. It's the MacBook Pros and iMacs that have been ripoffs.

$799 for the 11.6" is amazing. AFAIK, all value ultrabooks have awful display quality (especially contrast). This would be my first Mac purchase if I wasn't intrigued by the Win8 convertibles coming up like Surface Pro.

The 11.6 inch Macbook Air MD223LL/A $799.99 has the 64 GB HD but not 128 GB. The 128 version was $899.99. However, still not a bad deal. Even hotter if the $799 was the 128 GB version.

This is probably a dumb question but do you think they will match Apple student discount on top of this price?

f2000sa said:   pass this, waiting for the Retina Air.

that could be reason for price drop, new model coming out soon.

I picked up the 11" with 128 at end of December. Glad I saw this post, just got back $180 on pricematch. I can't recommend this laptop enough, i'm getting between 4-6 hours battery life, it's light as anything and just overall fantastic. This replaced my last Windows PC i had. Even though the Asus and other ultraportable laptops look great, they just don't run OSX, and that alone is worth it.

Good deal! $20 off mac refurb price for the 13" and $50 off for the 11". I think it is "extremely unlikely" the new version will be released before April. If you're on the fence, go for it!

Samsung series 9 has better screen.
This is a good deal. I love apple touch pads. Everything else I prefer the series 9.

skardem said:   Samsung series 9 has better screen.Wow, I completely missed that deal. I thought Series 9 was $1000+.

Good call. Ignore my post above, everyone...

mase123987 said:   I am going to assume changing the ssd in the 11.6 is not supposed to be done by a customer and would void the warranty, but does anyone know how hard it would be?
You can't

sartor said:   mase123987 said:   I am going to assume changing the ssd in the 11.6 is not supposed to be done by a customer and would void the warranty, but does anyone know how hard it would be?
You can't

Sure you can. Not memory but ssd can certainly be changed. Not your standard ssd though and pricey. Easy but pricey.

poorfatkid said:   sartor said:   mase123987 said:   I am going to assume changing the ssd in the 11.6 is not supposed to be done by a customer and would void the warranty, but does anyone know how hard it would be?
You can't

Sure you can. Not memory but ssd can certainly be changed. Not your standard ssd though and pricey. Easy but pricey.

I sit corrected! Thanks! I had always read that they were not changeable, but google proved me wrong!
http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/93105/Can+I+upgrade+the+ssd+o...

scored at Best Buy!!!

tdc7 said:   Same price on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MD231LL-13-3-Inch-VERSION/dp...

I wonder if Amazon will match the 11.6 price too?

Awesome deal - returning the one I bought on Amazon over the holidays to get in on this one!

leeklight1 said:   Awesome deal - returning the one I bought on Amazon over the holidays to get in on this one!

Call Amazon and they'll do a price match -- much easier than hassling with shipping it back etc.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014