• 1 2
  • Text Only
claya said:   In for 1

Thanks for sharing your insight.

In store pickup only.

does frys do Cash Back?

ziba said:   does frys do Cash Back?

Hmmm. Do you see it listed? http://www.fatwallet.com/cash-back-shopping/F/

This is a great deal, but doesn't have multi-room/multi-zone capability. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonable (good price, good reviews) multizone receiver?

Squonk said:   bwasb said:   I'm looking for a good receiver that I can stream music files form my PC or play from a usb flash drive. Wireless Pandora would also be good

Here's one:

Onkyo TX-8050 Network Stereo Receiver - 'zon

...though there must be newer models, this one is 2011, but for your needs it might suffice...is HDMI limited, i.e. no HDMI so be very aware of that...

Personally, I would need "pass-through" and I don't believe this unit has it. I would also need "Phono" capability since I have about 2,500 records. Any other ideas?

"HDMI limited"? Just inventing a meaningless phrase? It doesn't have HDMI.

claya said:   In for 1

and you are telling us, WHY?

peepsiemom said:   Squonk said:   bwasb said:   I'm looking for a good receiver that I can stream music files form my PC or play from a usb flash drive. Wireless Pandora would also be good

Here's one:

Onkyo TX-8050 Network Stereo Receiver - 'zon

...though there must be newer models, this one is 2011, but for your needs it might suffice...is HDMI limited, i.e. no HDMI so be very aware of that...

Personally, I would need "pass-through" and I don't believe this unit has it. I would also need "Phono" capability since I have about 2,500 records. Any other ideas?

"HDMI limited"? Just inventing a meaningless phrase? It doesn't have HDMI.

Thanks for the "meaningless" post bud...

Boochi said:   I bought one two weeks ago at BB for $199/-. Sound was OK, but sub kick is not good enough, it may be due to my sub. One more issue is remote controller is weired, it has two seperate buttons on and off. All my other remote have only one for both on/off.

The separate on/off buttons is actually a high-end feature. When you program custom remotes to integrate devices together into a sequence, like turn on receiver, turn on dvd player, turn off dvr, switch input to dvd, etc., it is more reliable to program it using separate on or off remote signals since then you don't have to track whether the current state of the device is on or off.

papajoker said:   So, which one is better? this one or the Yamaha V373?

V373 has 4 HDMI inputs but supports 4k...
AVR 1700 has 6 HDMI and network

Do you have a 4k TV? Do you plan on getting one? Did you go to CES and check them out? do you have the $$ for a 4k TV? Will you be using it with your 60"+ 4k TV?
If you answered NO to any of these, then there's really no need for the 4k support.
In general both mfgrs make good stuff, yamaha is more popular, but that just means HK needs to try harder. HK stuff is good, but I say that only have played around with higher models. This would look to do a good job, but as someone mentioned no pass-thru. I though I had read it has pass-thru, but it sounds like it doesn't.

Hi everyone. This may be a stupid question, but here goes: I set up my Avr 1700 with my br player and cable box, but I am getting no sound out of my sound bar that is plugged into the back of the tv via digital optical...will this set up not work?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014