Roku HD 48.00 + tax Walmart (In-Store)

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Roku HD 48.00 + tax WalMart (In-Store)
Was at WalMart in Circleville, OH yesterday and saw the Roku HD models were for sale for 48 dollars. I grabbed one for my dad.

Thought it was a decent deal for those with 720p/1080i tv's that don't need the full 1080p Roku's.

Walmart Link

Roku LT vs HD help

-The Roku HD is the newest of all the Roku devices and the HD uses the newest BCMl7208 chipset instead of the BCM2835 that all of the other Roku 2's use including the LT.

-The HD also uses less power then the LT(2W vs 4.5W)

-The Roku LT is all purple, The HD one is mostly black with a little purple on bottom. Most people prefer all black for electronics for matching.

PS- I also threw a 3 year squaretrade warranty on it with a 30% off squaretrade coupon for about six bucks.

Walmart
See Walmart coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Roku HD
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Please keep in mind only the XS has wired Ethernet now. Kind of a pain especially if you don't want to deal with the occasional stutter due to wireless data goings-ons in the household.

the xs is 50 bucks more. If somewhat has a fast wireless setup this is more than adequate.

For around 35$ you can get MK 802 that plays Netflix and does many of the things Roku does

guitardedboy said:   the xs is 50 bucks more. If somewhat has a fast wireless setup this is more than adequate.
occasionally refurbished for $ 55 to $60 shipped
1SaleADay Flash Sale

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1249840/

Low quality video for low price. It's a free country. Don't spend all the "savings" on one restaurant meal soon to be forgotten.

arebangdu said:   For around 35$ you can get MK 802 that plays Netflix and does many of the things Roku does Too Funny just Too Funny!!!!

Does BB price match? Got $20 rewards that needs to be spent by the end of this month.

The XS version is actually around 55 dollars refurbished. I got one from 1SaleADay. It was pretty much brand new sealed in plastic. It carries the same warranty as a new unit...

only Roku has private channels.....thats a huge difference...over 300 channels you can add...FREE

bigfathead said:   only Roku has private channels.....thats a huge difference...over 300 channels you can add...FREE
please provide link to add these "private channels"
I have a 2 Roku XS's and and find it difficult to find any channels worth watching, and I was constantly adding channels. the site i used to use that was a "channel database" seems to have more channels that don't work than ones that do - apparently it is user sourced - so that could explain a LOT!

I've have 3 Roku HDs, and the performance is awesome. Netflix, Amazon Instant Video (you now get a pretty extensive library if you're a Prime subscriber), HBO GO (this is free if you subscribe to HBO through your cable company, and is awesome, with every episode of every HBO show ever, plus tons of movies), and a bunch of other channels that have a surprising amount of good/free content.

Well worth $48.

what's the difference between "Roku HD" and "Roku 2 HD"?

lemonhead said:   bigfathead said:   only Roku has private channels.....thats a huge difference...over 300 channels you can add...FREE
I have a 2 Roku XS's and and find it difficult to find any channels worth watching, and I was constantly adding channels. the site i used to use that was a "channel database" seems to have more channels that don't work than ones that do - apparently it is user sourced - so that could explain a LOT!
Search for Ice Films app/channel, and see what they offer. It's scary......

Jobronie said:   lemonhead said:   bigfathead said:   only Roku has private channels.....thats a huge difference...over 300 channels you can add...FREE
Search for Ice Films app/channel, and see what they offer. It's scary......

That looks like a sweet place to DL a virus.

cyberpitstop said:   arebangdu said:   For around 35$ you can get MK 802 that plays Netflix and does many of the things Roku does Too Funny just Too Funny!!!!
Not sure about $35 but MK802 III is $57 here.
These little PCs on a stick offer a big bang for the buck.
You still get dumb from watching too much TV but it makes your TV "SMART".

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014