• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Made by Seasonic!

LINK

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Power Supply
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
More DOTS more DOTS, ok, stop DOTS. (1:53) - ok, on this deal. Look, it's still a hot deal, despite the lack of dots ... (more)

smeagle (Jan. 31, 2013 @ 7:59p) |

In for 1. I've never had a problem with Antec products unless you count the time I had a power supply blow up on me. Of ... (more)

ViveLeRoi (Jan. 31, 2013 @ 10:00p) |

Looks like rebate is only $10 now. So, less risk on rebate. Looks like 520 is same price.

cattlet (Jan. 31, 2013 @ 10:38p) |

Staff Summary
  • Compare Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Power Supply at: ebay, Google, FatWallet, Amazon
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

clearanceman said:   Made by Seasonic!
But with cheapo Teapo brand capacitors instead of the Japanese brand capacitors found in the Seasonic branded version.

larrymoencurly said:   clearanceman said:   Made by Seasonic!
But with cheapo Teapo brand capacitors instead of the Japanese brand capacitors found in the Seasonic branded version.

Link?

Too bad this would be complete overkill for what I need.

I wish it was modular but in for one anyway. Need it to replace a buzzing psu now.

620W Seasonic M12-II showing Chemicon capacitor
Disclaimer

620W Seasonic M12-II -- no dots on caps
Disclaimer

620W Antec Neo Eco 620C -- DOTS!!!
Disclaimer
clearanceman said:   larrymoencurly said:   clearanceman said:   Made by Seasonic!
Link?

I looked through the fan grill of mine, and on top of several capacitors I saw a 3-slice pie pattern where each slice had dot in the middle! A DOT!!! Of course you know what that means, as your gasp indicated.

can anyone tell me what a modular is please?

suriname1990 said:   can anyone tell me what a modular is please?

what is* modular

it means you have the ability to add only the cable connections you need for your build. If you only need a few SATA power connections, there is usually a break off cable with just that, same with molex connectors. If you need a PCI-express power cable for graphic cards, there is usually 1 or 2 of those you can connect. Modular allows for less cables in the case for better air flow.

Because there is one more connection from the PSU to the component, it can cause a 'ripple' in the power. If you over-clock this matters more to you, though you would probably already know about all of this if you were OCing.

suriname1990 said:   can anyone tell me what a modular is please?It means the power supply has detachable power cables so you can install just the cables you need, for less clutter and better air flow for cooling (yeah, right), but later when you want to add more stuff to your computer you won't be able find a power cable for it.

PC Power & Cooling, the makers of the best PC power supplies, doesn't like modular, for the reasons MeIsCheap mentioned, and until they were bought out by OCZ, I don't think they offered any modular supplies.

Antec $20 Rebate problems beware!
Just received a $20 antec rebate debit card and was declined at Lowes because it was asking 4 pin.
Also was declined as credit..
Called the card customer service # and this is the latest fly in the ointment.
there is no pin. because rebate is for less then a certain amount(?)
It must be used as a credit card but if the purchase is for more then
the amount on the card ($20) you must pay the rest of the balance first.
never had to do this before.
Crappy defective crap with rebates that take forever and then they make you jump through hoops.
I will think twice about buying from Antec again.
Beware!

williameon said:   Antec $20 Rebate problems beware!
Just received a $20 antec rebate debit card and was declined at Lowes because it was asking 4 pin.
Also was declined as credit..
Called the card customer service # and this is the latest fly in the ointment.
there is no pin. because rebate is for less then a certain amount(?)
It must be used as a credit card but if the purchase is for more then
the amount on the card ($20) you must pay the rest of the balance first.
never had to do this before.
Crappy defective crap with rebates that take forever and then they make you jump through hoops.
Beware!

You act like you've never used a pre-paid debit card before.

First off, you must ring up purchases as CREDIT, and NOT DEBIT. If they ring them as DEBIT, it will ask for a pin, and there is no pin.

Second, you cannot pay for a purchase that is greater than the amount on the card. Yes, you must pay with another form of payment, until the amount is less than the amount left on the card.

Two basic things to know about pre-paid debit cards. Obviously you've never dealt with them before. Has nothing at all to do with Antec.

I want to buy a new power supply but I dont know which one to buy.I,m new to this computer building and i would like to learn as much as i can from the internet. So you said that a modular is basically a power supply that has detachable wires for more air flow. So that means that non modulars have only one entire connector blocking air flow.What would you recommend and I would only like to spend no more than 60 to 70 dollars. Bu the way thanks for the answer which i am still a little lost on lol.

I do not know what the DOT is. Can you please explain?

suriname1990 said:   I want to buy a new power supply but I dont know which one to buy.I,m new to this computer building and i would like to learn as much as i can from the internet. So you said that a modular is basically a power supply that has detachable wires for more air flow. So that means that non modulars have only one entire connector blocking air flow.What would you recommend and I would only like to spend no more than 60 to 70 dollars. Bu the way thanks for the answer which i am still a little lost on lol.

Unless you are building something relatively high powered where you really demand the maximum cooling from your case fans, I wouldn't worry about modular or not too much. Non-modular isn't so much "one connector" as it is all of the potential connections are always there, whether they are in use or not. So if you had a PC with just one hard drive, you'd have extra wires to tuck away . Modular, you can disconnect and only use what you need. I'd worry more about a solid brand and identifying your power requirements.

Is there anybody on this forum who still doesn't yet know that the _best_ way by far to deal with these cards is to use them to buy gas? Works perfectly every time...

snoopdogg said:   Is there anybody on this forum who still doesn't yet know that the _best_ way by far to deal with these cards is to use them to buy gas? Works perfectly every time...Thanks new member. Glad it only took you 9 years took post!

larrymoencurly said:   clearanceman said:   larrymoencurly said:   clearanceman said:   Made by Seasonic!
Link?

I looked through the fan grill of mine, and on top of several capacitors I saw a 3-slice pie pattern where each slice had dot in the middle! A DOT!!! Of course you know what that means, as your gasp indicated.
mmm... pie.

suriname1990 said:   I want to buy a new power supply but I dont know which one to buy.I,m new to this computer building and i would like to learn as much as i can from the internet. So you said that a modular is basically a power supply that has detachable wires for more air flow. So that means that non modulars have only one entire connector blocking air flow.What would you recommend and I would only like to spend no more than 60 to 70 dollars. Bu the way thanks for the answer which i am still a little lost on lol. So, this one is $50, or $30 if you include rebate
(both-CashBack). 15% of reviewers give only 1 egg, which is the lowest rating. But probably 1/3 of the 15% are trashing the rebate process, so you get maybe 10% 1 eggs. This is the cutpoint for a decent rate of DOAs IMO. Generally, don't buy a PS until you're ready to build. Otherwise test it out when you get it, which is a hassle. ~$26 After R/CB seems like a great price for this. As larrymoencurly implies, this PS is not the best, but the price is good for what you get.

williameon said:   Antec $20 Rebate problems beware!

. . .

I once almost lost $20 on a $30 purchase because the store's computer couldn't handle partial payments correctly. The cashier thought my card had been used up and offered to throw it in the trash for me, but it's a good thing I checked my receipt before leaving the store because the card hadn't been charged at all, and I was able to retrieve it. Since then, I never let the cashier toss any card that's supposedly used up.

Some stores with computers that properly handle partial payments with those rebate cards are Kroger and WalMart.

cattlet said:   larrymoencurly said:   Q=clearanceman;17522605]Q=larrymoencurly;17521370]clearanceman said:   Made by Seasonic!But with cheapo Teapo brand capacitors instead of the Japanese brand capacitors found in the Seasonic branded version. Link?I looked through the fan grill of mine, and on top of several capacitors I saw a 3-slice pie pattern where each slice had dot in the middle! A DOT!!! Of course you know what that means, as your gasp indicated. mmm... pie.
Aluminum and sulfuric acid pie, just like the kind Tommy Lee Jones ate in the movie Coal Miner's Daughter.

ruptured capacitor, leaked electrolyte
Disclaimer

Teapo capacitor, 3-slice pie pattern with dots (OK, the dots are lines)
Disclaimer
suriname1990 said:   I do not know what the DOT is. Can you please explain?Electrolytic capacitors are made of rolled-up aluminum foil and paper soaked in electrolyte and housed in aluminum cans, but sometimes they can explode, so manufacturers intentionally weaken them on top by stamping lines into them that should instead split open fairly safely. Companies stamp the lines in different patterns, and sometimes you can identify them that way. Teapo usually stamps a 3-slice pie pattern with a dot in the middle of each slice.

More DOTS more DOTS, ok, stop DOTS. (1:53) - ok, on this deal. Look, it's still a hot deal, despite the lack of dots on the capacitors. Still a pretty darn high quality product, if you want one with Dot's, go ahead and spend 70 bucks.

In for 1. I've never had a problem with Antec products unless you count the time I had a power supply blow up on me. Of course, it wasn't the power supply's fault because I accidently hooked it up to 240v AC instead of 120! It actually lasted for about 5 minutes before frying. Especially embarrassing is that I have degrees in Electrical Engineering... I just didn't bother checking the output voltage of the UPS!

Looks like rebate is only $10 now. So, less risk on rebate. Looks like 520 is same price.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.