• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

ProCaulk Edge Kit (21.83kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If this is not silicone it would not be good. Can someone tell me if this is any good without the silicone? Thanks

road100 (Jan. 27, 2013 @ 7:55p) |

Junk. Don't bother

dkd711 (Jan. 27, 2013 @ 8:14p) |

I'm a man and I can confidently say I don't like caulk. Especially this amateur caulk.

How'd I do?

coolbreeze (Jan. 27, 2013 @ 8:26p) |

Staff Summary

how long does this caulk last?

rigor said:   how long does this caulk last?

In hours or days?

Oh boy, here comes caulk talk.

I'm actually recaulking my tub this weekend.I hope it last for more than A year this time.Florida mildew sucks.

Nice, I was looking for a deal on this for a while.

I ordered it (quite timely, OP!), but just discovered it's actually going for less on AmÔzon via 3rd party sellers. Even the normal 2-day prime price is only $9 bucks...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001MU6222

More caulk the better!

I always just run my fingertip over the caulk, then wipe off the excess.

this thing is a POS, it's really only good for latex based painters caulk, not good for silicon

Great deal. My wife always complains that my caulk is too messy. Now I will get her this pro chalk to do the work.

For a newbie in caulking, is this worth a try/buy?

wiseguy151 said:   I always just run my fingertip over the caulk, then wipe off the excess.

^^^ This. Wet your finger and run it along the seam.

If more than 4 hours, contact your physician.

mmm....i love caulk

Steelers said:   wiseguy151 said:   I always just run my fingertip over the caulk, then wipe off the excess.

^^^ This. Wet your finger and run it along the seam.

I use painter's tape as well so my caulk edge line is nice and straight. Peel it off as soon as you're done caulking.
(If the caulk is thick by the edges, you'll get a raised caulk border)

Also,when running your finger, do a continuous sweep so you won't get "breaks" in the caulk where you stopped.

skh12 said:   this thing is a POS, it's really only good for latex based painters caulk, not good for silicon

you mean silicone; the element silicon is very different.

I like to use my fingers when using my caulk

Rubbing alcohol lets you smooth it out really nicely. I haven't tried painters' tape but will.

Can you guys get any more cheesier with your obvious double entendres?

If you have Menards in your area, they sell these for FAR about three or four times a year.

Bought last time. Kit stinks.

Bought from Amazon 3rd pty vendor for $6.44 shipped...

My wife was really impressed with the caulking job I did with this kit and it takes a lot to impressed my wife. It goes a long way and I was able to allow my neighbor to use my kit for a small project he was working on. At first it will be messy but you will learn how much to squeeze out at a time.

N41. Thanks OP!

Does it work with black caulk or only white caulk?

TheWalL said:   Can you guys get any more cheesier with your obvious double entendres?

I tried what they said. My hands were really slippery but the caulk went in nice and smooth.
You just can't understand the satisfaction you get from rubbing your fingers all along it until you try it.
It helps to have someone else there to squeeze until it comes out.
You might want to get some kneepads if you're going to be bent over for a while.

You will never see this in a professionals tool kit.

dontcare4myname said:   For a newbie in caulking, is this worth a try/buy?

If this is not silicone it would not be good. Can someone tell me if this is any good without the silicone? Thanks

Junk. Don't bother

I'm a man and I can confidently say I don't like caulk. Especially this amateur caulk.

How'd I do?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014