• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 1 User (SKUs 982460, 982955) at Staples.com

$24.99 - $20 rebate (13-45542)

Buy 4 packs + filler- 51648 $15 coupon - 5% CashBack online

or buy in kiosk and use 15% coupon and monetize rewards.

Member Summary

Trend micro maximum security
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks mathfaster. Also: to get to the human select option 3, then few more prompts to select rebate etc & only then...

invisible (Feb. 01, 2013 @ 7:34a) |

Appreciate if u can explain in terms of dollar amount. Not able to figure out what u r saying and in which context. Onli... (more)

MysteriousGirl (Feb. 02, 2013 @ 2:29a) |

Probably not applicable to your case then ...

In-store portion: I used $40 ink recycle rewards coupon expiring jan31 to g... (more)

invisible (Feb. 02, 2013 @ 11:38p) |

Staples ( Dept. 13-45542 )
Limit 10 rebates per name/address/household.
Get a $20 Visa (R) Prepaid Card on Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 1 User (SKUs 982460, 982955) at Staples.com
Valid Dates: 01-27-2013 through 02-02-2013

if you get the download version, sku 982955, and pick up the downloaded software at a local store in a tax free state, e.g. NH, you don't have to pay any sale tax.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You said...
Buy 4 packs + filler- 51648 $15 rebate - 5% CashBack online

Can you explain this?

Where is the $15 rebate? Is it different than the $20 one listed at Staples.com and how do you get 5% CB when FW CB is currently up to 2.5% (acutally it is 1% for softare)?

cnIsfg said:   You said...

Can you explain this?

Where is the $15 rebate? Is it different than the $20 one listed at Staples.com and how do you get 5% CB when FW CB is currently up to 2.5% (acutally it is 1% for softare)?

$15 coupon. my typo.

5% CashBack from alternatives not FW.

jeeves said:   cnIsfg said:   You said...

Can you explain this?

$15 coupon. my typo.

5% CashBack from alternatives not FW.

Ok thanks.

in other words, it conveniently came back in stock after the 15% off coupon officially expired yesterday?
May swing by and see if box copy is still available at kiosk. While I've cashed out my Rewards I still have plenty of gift cards to convert. Thanks op.

my4mainecoons said:   in other words, it conveniently came back in stock after the 15% off coupon officially expired yesterday?
May swing by and see if box copy is still available at kiosk. While I've cashed out my Rewards I still have plenty of gift cards to convert. Thanks op.
Different product. This is Maximum. Last week was Internet. Check box availability as there was over 999 available a few hours ago. Now down to 277 boxed versions.

mathfaster said:   my4mainecoons said:   in other words, it conveniently came back in stock after the 15% off coupon officially expired yesterday?
Different product. This is Maximum. Last week was Internet. Check box availability as there was over 999 available a few hours ago. Now down to 277 boxed versions.

OOOOh, so we can get 10 of these???

jeeves said:   Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 1 User (SKUs 982460, 982955) at Staples.com

In store coupons does not work for pay-at register option . It used to but not anymore.

rkpkv said:   jeeves said:   Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 1 User (SKUs 982460, 982955) at Staples.com

In store coupons does not work for pay-at register option . It used to but not anymore.
Does not work for downloads because they are online order products. Have not heard the same for boxed items sold in the store.

my4mainecoons said:   mathfaster said:   my4mainecoons said:   in other words, it conveniently came back in stock after the 15% off coupon officially expired yesterday?

OOOOh, so we can get 10 of these???
Yep limit 10.

you can also order online and add the 2 bags coupon code for purchase of more than $100 from Staples website

My scenario...

buy 4 + add filler = reach $100
use
$15 coupon
and free 2 piece bags...(if you have)

-$80 in rebates
OOP=Arnd $12 ish - CB

mathfaster said:   rkpkv said:   jeeves said:   Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 1 User (SKUs 982460, 982955) at Staples.com

Does not work for downloads because they are online order products. Have not heard the same for boxed items sold in the store.

The 15% off in-store coupon expired yesterday so regardless of the kiosk issue it is a YMMV if your local Staples will accept it.

box version oos online but still available download with the 15 off $100 coupon losing $5 but converting a bunch of rewards not sure if I want to pull the trigger or wait.

mathfaster said:   rkpkv said:   jeeves said:   Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 1 User (SKUs 982460, 982955) at Staples.com

But mathfaster,

Isn't this deal online only, which leaves us off the 'purchsing in store' option. Also I believe like someone said, the 15% expired store coupon is up to the rep. Not sure if the 15% ONLINE coupon would work in store for kiosk orders though?

Did anyone try using the $30 off $100/$75 coupon which expired yesterday too, in store today ? I believe that was instore coupon too, not sure if it would work on the kiosk orders.

On a side note, can someone tell me if Staples B&M would price macth Fry's B&M ?

Thanks

MysteriousGirl said:   

On a side note, can someone tell me if Staples B&M would price macth Fry's B&M ?

Thanks

probably YMMV. i think the official policy is the match net prices, taking into account any rebates, coupons, etc....

MysteriousGirl said:   mathfaster said:   rkpkv said:   jeeves said:   Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 1 User (SKUs 982460, 982955) at Staples.com

But mathfaster,

Isn't this deal online only, which leaves us off the 'purchsing in store' option. Also I believe like someone said, the 15% expired store coupon is up to the rep. Not sure if the 15% ONLINE coupon would work in store for kiosk orders though?

Did anyone try using the $30 off $100/$75 coupon which expired yesterday too, in store today ? I believe that was instore coupon too, not sure if it would work on the kiosk orders.

Thanks
Online coupons do not work in the store w/o and override by the manager. Highly YMMV. 15% will scan on boxed versions of a kiosk order with pay at the register if the cashier will allow it. Doesn't matter right now as TM Max is OOS on the boxed.

wwinters said:   box version oos online but still available download with the 15 off $100 coupon losing $5 but converting a bunch of rewards not sure if I want to pull the trigger or wait.

I have rewards too, but i read that now-a-days the coupon is applied after deducting the rewards from the total. So the $15 coupon might still want the total to be $100 after the rewards and hence might not work. May be someone can confirm on this. Hate this.

I just ordered 10 copies instore, paid at register, used 15% off coupon that expired yesterday.
Coupon took off $37.49 so I paid $212.41 + tax using gift cards from Visa card gift card deal.
Getting back $200 in rebates.
$12.41 + tax as "cost of doing business" but since the gc were a MM I think I'm still ahead.

MysteriousGirl said:   
I have rewards too, but i read that now-a-days the coupon is applied after deducting the rewards from the total. So the $15 coupon might still want the total to be $100 after the rewards and hence might not work. May be someone can confirm on this. Hate this.

I can. A couple weeks ago i was doing online order for a $122 online only item. Wanted to use $25 off $100 coupon, and $85 in rewards. First I entered coupon, took $25 off as expected, next entered rewards code. it then re-added the $25 and said my $25 off coupon couldn't be used because $ requirement not met.

my4mainecoons said:   I just ordered 10 copies instore, paid at register, used 15% off coupon that expired yesterday.
Coupon took off $37.49 so I paid $212.41 + tax using gift cards from Visa card gift card deal.
$12.41 + tax as "cost of doing business" but since the gc were a MM I think I'm still ahead.

FYI several over at bens reported getting their Kiosk orders from last weeks similar TM deal cancelled due to OOS. Apparently unlike true online .com orders the in-store kiosk system does not allocate and reserve .com inventory for kiosk order so you are at the mercy of the "hotness" of the deal before your kiosk order is actually fulfilled. IOW kiosk orders are last in line in warehaosue fulfillment. Unlike B&M returns which simply produce a balance rewards coupon it is a PITA to get Rewards back on cancelled kiosk orders.

freakinout said:   MysteriousGirl said:   

I can. A couple weeks ago i was doing online order for a $122 online only item. Wanted to use $25 off $100 coupon, and $85 in rewards. First I entered coupon, took $25 off as expected, next entered rewards code. it then re-added the $25 and said my $25 off coupon couldn't be used because $ requirement not met.

Strange. I used a $20 off $75 breakroom coupon with $64 rewards coupon (split original rewards). I made the total just over $84 so the net after the $20off$75 coupon would be just over $64. Everything worked fine. This was in the past two weeks.

cnIsfg said:   FYI several over at bens reported getting their Kiosk orders from last weeks similar TM deal cancelled due to OOS. Apparently unlike true online .com orders the in-store kiosk system does not allocate and reserve .com inventory for kiosk order so you are at the mercy of the "hotness" of the deal before your kiosk order is actually fulfilled. IOW kiosk orders are last in line in warehaosue fulfillment. Unlike B&M returns which simply produce a balance rewards coupon it is a PITA to get Rewards back on cancelled kiosk orders.
I ordered down loads at kiosk yesterday. Received confirmations a few hours later and submitted the rebates. Paid for those w/ Rewards.
Today I ordered box copies and paid w/ gift cards so hopefully they would issue gift card if order is cancelled. My store's kiosk printer isn't working (software issue) so CSR placed order on their computer. Don't know if it that pc is as low on the list as the kiosk.

MysteriousGirl said:   I have rewards too, but i read that now-a-days the coupon is applied after deducting the rewards from the total. So the $15 coupon might still want the total to be $100 after the rewards and hence might not work. May be someone can confirm on this. Hate this.

Rewards are applied before some coupons (16-digit?) and after some coupons (5-digit?). I had no problem buying 4 copies (and a filler) and using that $15 off $100 coupon and $80 reward.

what is the cheapest filler?

bbway said:   what is the cheapest filler?

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1252303/

Can't believe I missed this, again. Hopefully there will be some good deals for President's Day. My Rewards don't expire until June, anyway.

69ragtop said:   freakinout said:   

Strange. I used a $20 off $75 breakroom coupon with $64 rewards coupon (split original rewards). I made the total just over $84 so the net after the $20off$75 coupon would be just over $64. Everything worked fine. This was in the past two weeks.

breakroom was probably 5 digit coupon, i think they are handled differently by the system

c3 said:   
Rewards are applied before some coupons (16-digit?) and after some coupons (5-digit?). I had no problem buying 4 copies (and a filler) and using that $15 off $100 coupon and $80 reward.

Yea, the coupon i was trying to use was a 16 digit $25 off $100. Looked fine until i added in the rewards, then said i didn't spend enough to use coupon

billrubin said:   Can't believe I missed this, again.

ARGH! me either. Been trying to cash out rewards for a bit.... again, ARGH!

Technologist said:   billrubin said:   Can't believe I missed this, again.

ARGH! me either. Been trying to cash out rewards for a bit.... again, ARGH!
The online version is still available (both have a new rebate valid thru 2/2/13) but the $15/$100 coupon has expired. You can still cash out Rewards but you will lose $5/$25 spent.

Dano

A few pointers:

- 5-digit codes will work for 2 days after expiration. only newbie cashiers might decline. sm will accapt.
- 16-digit codes, rewards, balance coupons will work for 7 days after expiration
- online-only coupons will not work at kiosk "pay at register"
- in-store coupons will work at kiosk "pay at register" EXCEPT when the item is not sold in B&M, like downloads or many online-only items

freakinout said:   69ragtop said:   freakinout said:   

breakroom was probably 5 digit coupon, i think they are handled differently by the system

c3 said:   

Yea, the coupon i was trying to use was a 16 digit $25 off $100. Looked fine until i added in the rewards, then said i didn't spend enough to use coupon

Looking fine means nothing. You need to read and fulfill the requirements of the coupon. To put it bluntly, if you submit a coupon for example for 15% off breakroom, and are trying to buy only paper, the coupon will "look good" until you try to pay. At which time it will flag "requirements not met". Has nothing to do with whether you are trying to use rewards. Want to test it out? Try paying with a CC. You wull see the same result.

So please read the requirements carefully, and stop spreading rumors out of ignorance.

aarzi said:   A few pointers:

- 5-digit codes will work for 2 days after expiration. only newbie cashiers might decline. sm will accapt.
- 16-digit codes, rewards, balance coupons will work for 7 days after expiration
- in-store coupons will work at kiosk "pay at register" EXCEPT when the item is not sold in B&M, like downloads or many online-only items

Hi,

So do the rewards(expired) has to be used in store (valid for another 7 days)? OR can we use online aswell.
Didn't know this, recently my 'balance coupon(which said has to be redeemed in full) was expired.

But atleast good to know. My store always gives issues with current valid coupons, so with expired I believe it's going to be a nightmare.

aarzi said:   A few pointers:

Online only coupons will not work at kiosk when "paying at the register" unless the manager overrides. YMMV but not likely. Have seen a few posts of late where people seem to be getting overrides on kiosk orders for online coupons.

my4mainecoons said:   I just ordered 10 copies instore, paid at register, used 15% off coupon that expired yesterday.
The amount spent as "cost of doing business" is your call, but since the GCs don't expire, what was your hurry to spend them on anything higher than FAR?

But "since the gc were a MM..." is one of the most idiotic comments onFW. How can you count the savings twice??

mathfaster said:   aarzi said:   A few pointers:

Online only coupons will not work at kiosk when "paying at the register" unless the manager overrides. YMMV but not likely. Have seen a few posts of late where people seem to be getting overrides on kiosk orders for online coupons.
It can happen. They don't get applied as true coupons, but rather as an adjustment on an item priced higher than than the value of the coupon. YMMV. The SMs in the Atlantic County NJ area tend to do it.

MysteriousGirl said:   aarzi said:   A few pointers:

Hi,

So do the rewards(expired) has to be used in store (valid for another 7 days)? OR can we use online aswell.
Didn't know this, recently my 'balance coupon(which said has to be redeemed in full) was expired.

But atleast good to know. My store always gives issues with current valid coupons, so with expired I believe it's going to be a nightmare.
Sorry, missed that part. In-store only. Will work without beeping. No over-ride required. On-line, they won't work even if you are 1 minute late.

If you have rewards or balance coupons that expired but still have a decent value worth your time, you can contact CS, and most of the time they will re-issue the coupon.

aarzi said:   my4mainecoons said:   I just ordered 10 copies instore, paid at register, used 15% off coupon that expired yesterday.
The amount spent as "cost of doing business" is your call, but since the GCs don't expire, what was your hurry to spend them on anything higher than FAR?

But "since the gc were a MM..." is one of the most idiotic comments onFW. How can you count the savings twice??

$1000 in visa gc w/ activation fee of $6.95/$200 so $34.75 oop for $150 in Staples gc. So ~$115 of that was MM. So if I spend $25 of that to convert gc to cash, aren't I still ahead $90? Since I paid for the entire purchase w/ gc from the Visa card deal I don't see how I'm not still ahead. I'll get back $200 for oop of $34.75 x 1.5 (activation fees to get 1.5 sets of $150 gc) + $12.41 = $64.54. I see $136 MM. Where am I counting the savings twice? I'm not following, please explain.

I understand your point about not buying anything higher than FAR but if one has $1000 in Staples gc to cash out why tie up the money sitting around all year when it could be doing other things? Last year we had lots of FAR software at FYE, this year nothing FAR and what's available is only online. Couple that w/what's happening w/ Symantec & McAfee rebates and I suspect it will take months for me to cash out. Looks like the trend is to offer more Free after Rewards and less Free After Rebate.

my4mainecoons said:   ...$1000 in visa gc w/ activation fee of $6.95/$200 so $34.75 oop for $150 in Staples gc. So ~$115 of that was MM. So if I spend $25 of that to convert gc to cash, aren't I still ahead $90? Since I paid for the entire purchase w/ gc from the Visa card deal I don't see how I'm not still ahead. I'll get back $200 for oop of $34.75 x 1.5 (activation fees to get 1.5 sets of $150 gc) + $12.41 = $64.54. I see $136 MM. Where am I counting the savings twice? I'm not following, please explain.

I understand your point about not buying anything higher than FAR but if one has $1000 in Staples gc to cash out why tie up the money sitting around all year when it could be doing other things? Last year we had lots of FAR software at FYE, this year nothing FAR and what's available is only online. Couple that w/what's happening w/ Symantec & McAfee rebates and I suspect it will take months for me to cash out. Looks like the trend is to offer more Free after Rewards and less Free After Rebate.
IF you ever get to the point where you want to cash these out you could sell them to a gift card buyer like Cardpool at a discount. You get more bang for trading them in if you take Amazon in return by about 6%. See giftcardgranny dot com for cash in prices.

First of all, my apologies. It is one of my pet peeves when people buy, for example, batteries FARewards, think they got them free, then turn around and buy another item, thinking they got THAT one for free. Your case, though not exact, was similar to those. What makes it different is you need to go through $1K. Still, if you keep incurring the "cost of business", pretty soon all your effort to make that $150 will be for nothing.

mathfaster is correct. You have other avenues to dispose of your GCs for cash. Heck, you can even offer them to FWers for the same discount that Plastic Jungle will offer you.

Skipping 10 Messages...
MysteriousGirl said:   invisible said:   Thanks so much OP -- had rewards worth 1 TM to spend by tomorrow.

However for those interested, found a +ve glitch in Staples refund coupons (one time single use that you get after using rewards partially in-store):
1. Use part of Staples rewards coupon worth $X to buy $Y so you get printed single use coupon worth $X-$Y
2. Now return part of the $Y purchase say worth $Z so you get another single use coupon worth $Z face value (did that due to the Hammermill rebate fiasco)
3. It seems that actual value of $Z erroneously appears to be equal to the 1st coupon face value, that is $X-$Y!
So if $X-$Y is large compared to returned amount $Z you are in luck!

Accidentally discovered this while trying to use the two single use coupons online that were not going through due to smaller amount of purchase. Then just experimented by increasing the quantity of TM software and Voila! it showed 2 x ($X-$Y) getting deducted for each coupon!

So ended up getting 4 TM, free 2-piece travel set w/a filler -- so a much less of a loser compared to single TM deal -- even w/o any other coupon/15%/etc having expired ...

Appreciate if u can explain in terms of dollar amount. Not able to figure out what u r saying and in which context. Online or in-store ?

I do not have any pending rewards now, but do have 20% software soupon that i am planning to use, but not without a deal or coupon.
Thanks

Probably not applicable to your case then ...

In-store portion: I used $40 ink recycle rewards coupon expiring jan31 to get SER (Free) items including Hammermill paper and got back $17.xx worth single use refund coupon expiring jan31.

Since for hammer mill paper it did not yield full amount of rebate, I returned it to avoid any headaches and got back another single use refund coupon worth $6.99 face value.

Online portion: However using those 2 online was not going through due to total purchase being less than coupons worth -- that made no sense whatsoever as total coupon face value was certainly less than pretax value of products ... until I found that when I added more products both coupons showed up as having 17.xx value !

I am pretty sure some others may have found this or that this is a new bug ...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.