• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Acer Aspire (V3-551-8469) 15.6" 1.9GHz 4GB DDR3 500GB Notebook @ Tiger Direct - $379.99 after Rebate
compare at $499.99
Shipping adds $9.00
Expires On: Feb 28, 2013 11:59pm

Rebates
$50 mail-in rebate

• AMD A8-4500M 1.9GHz Quad-Core processor; comes with TurboCORE Technology for up to 2.8GHz speed
  • AMD Radeon HD 7640G GPU; delivers very high detail quality with 512MB video memory
  • 500GB hard drive; saves more files with ease
  • 15.6 HD Widescreen CineCrystal LED-backlit display; lets you view your computer activities lucidly
  • DVDRW drive; makes it easy to play your optical discs

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Acer Aspire (V3-551-8469) 15.6" 1.9GHz 4GB DDR3 500GB Notebook
Thanks sparky34
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Acer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

on the fence.. need to added more memory and a ssd... only if all the usb ports were all 3.0

I went for it but I have spare ramm and an ssd collecting dust. So this will make an okay Office computer for an associate.

Isnt this a better option ?

HP - Pavilion 17.3" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB ...369 Dls No rebates and Free shipping
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+17.3%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Sparkling+Black/7335059.p?id=1218840175097&skuId=7335059

4gb of memory is more than enough for 90% of people. As far as an SSD goes, a computer is always better with one but you can't exactly expect it at this price.

interested but not going to gamble if I can't return it when the keyboard blows

Almost all the Acers, HPs, etc are all made by the same company, so the quality is going to be about the same whatever you get. If you use the PC as a desktop replacement, you can always buy a USB keyboard cheap to make the usage experience easier and the notebook last longer. If you also use an external monitor, you can keep it closed and it'll last forever. And an SSD makes for a wonderful bootup/update/install experience.

I bought a HP Llano like this from Tiger, refurbed, and have since changed out the HD for an SSD, the blu-ray optical drive with another SSD, the internal wireless card with a Bigfoot dual-band wireless, and maxed the ram in capacity and speed. (I had to modify the BIOS to do it but it was easy.)

That being said, this is a good deal, and with a Blu-Ray drive and software, would make an excellent HTPC and media server easy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014