• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just bought a 12kW standby generator with 100Amp transfer switch @ $2499 - $300 discount = 2199.99 total.
Costco in store only.
I have bee shopping for standby generator and this is the best price I found.
model 0060540

Member Summary

12kW standby generator (14.27kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

installation included?

Must pick up from Costco and no installation from Costco ever.

p.s: some how the 2nd post -- ! Quick Search -- was added automatically right after I posted.
Posted PHOTO from the 2nd track was not correct!!!

nguyenht said:   installation included?

A proper install of a unit like this will easily be more than what this unit cost. Unless you just so happen to have a concrete pad and gas/electrical wires pre-run already.

100 amp transfer switch all so wont be big enough or meet code in some areas were now seeing boxes with 200 400 amp boxes on new houses..so it may sufficient for partial run but the entire house .. code wise that is..

You may want to look into this http://www.interlockkit.com/ instead of the transfer switch. With this kit, in normal mode of operation, there is no extra switch in the circuit. However, there is no automatic transfer, if your interlock kit provides that.

anonymouse2 said:   You may want to look into this http://www.interlockkit.com/ instead of the transfer switch. With this kit, in normal mode of operation, there is no extra switch in the circuit. However, there is no automatic transfer, if your interlock kit provides that.

that is NOT useful with a automatic system like these,, in fact it defeats the purpose of a automatic system.. if you want on the demand power when you loose power, you must use a transfer switch.. this is just for hooking up a generator unit without a automatic system..

Which fuel does this use? Gasoline, natural gas, propane or what?

this looks like a natural gas unit.. I'm looking for 36kw.. to power my whole house.. any deals..?

I got the 48Kw installed at my house, its a beast the best price I found was at northern hydraulic

Maphatlal said:   this looks like a natural gas unit.. I'm looking for 36kw.. to power my whole house.. any deals..?

either natural gas or propane @ 12kW

This would in fact power your whole house if you have a gas heater and water heater. Peak maximum on my house middle of summer @ 104 degrees is only 36 amps. House is 2100 sq ft. Nice find OP

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014