• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I've been waiting for a while for this album to go on sale at Amazon.

Link

Member Summary

Mumford & Sons - Babel
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Props!

eajohnst said:   I've been waiting for a while for this album to go on sale at Amazon.

Link

Same here, and go figure over the past two weeks I used the $8 in free credits I had because I got sick of waiting. Oh well.

i gave red because it sounds like over loud celtic music with people singing. if you listen to first few seconds, most songs have the same drone. almost like bagpipes and average voice singer merges together into one noise.

FrugalFreak said:   i gave red because it sounds like over loud celtic music with people singing. if you listen to first few seconds, most songs have the same drone. almost like bagpipes and average voice singer merges together into one noise.And I gave you red because I think Mumford & Sons is awesome.. and nothing like what you describe.

maybe he was thinking of dropkick murphys

morecowbell said:   maybe he was thinking of dropkick murphysHey! DKM is cool too!
I have an autographed t-shirt from them from 2005 i think.. when they came to Rutgers and I did backstage security for them (and Mae and NAS)

FrugalFreak said:   i gave red because it sounds like over loud celtic music with people singing. if you listen to first few seconds, most songs have the same drone. almost like bagpipes and average voice singer merges together into one noise.

This is fatwallet. You don't judge the item, you judge the value.

I gave you red for doing it all wrong...

FWIW - I bought Babel via Google Play for the same price on Jan 23rd. Since I've purchased it, it no longer shows me the price - but for those who prefer googs, you may be able to get it at the same price.

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Mumford_Sons_Babel?id=...

$5.99 on Google Play right now

I Will Wait track FREE today.

A Great Group, already have the Babel CD so automatically got the mp3's thanks Amazon!

johnboy1622 said:   $5.99 on Google Play right now

Thanks for checking and posting! I should have just logged out to find out the price! ha!

shahnm said:   FrugalFreak said:   i gave red because it sounds like over loud celtic music with people singing. if you listen to first few seconds, most songs have the same drone. almost like bagpipes and average voice singer merges together into one noise.

but with music you have to judge the item to verify value.

FrugalFreak said:   shahnm said:   FrugalFreak said:   i gave red because it sounds like over loud celtic music with people singing. if you listen to first few seconds, most songs have the same drone. almost like bagpipes and average voice singer merges together into one noise.

They have been nominated for 6 grammys in the past two years. I'd say that's pretty good.
ETA: And nominated for 6 this year.. including Album of the Year.

KayK said:   

They have been nominated for 6 grammys in the past two years. I'd say that's pretty good.
ETA: And nominated for 6 this year.. including Album of the Year.

If you think that being nominated for or winning a Grammy is any indicator of musical quality and ability, I've got some wonderful oceanfront property near Sioux City I'd like to sell you.

See e.g.: Milli Vanilli; Marvin Hamlisch (WHO???); Toto; Bobby McFerrin; George Michael; Bruce Hornsby and The Range (made millions selling dozens of sets of lyrics all sung to the same tune); Taylor Swift (very cute + pleasant, but single octave range voice, wouldn't make it past 3rd round of American Idol or The Voice); Maroon 5 (about 2 good songs, popularity 80+% based on charismatic and handsome frontman); Foo Fighters winning 3 more Grammies than Santana, 4 more than the Beatles, and 8 more than The Rolling Stones; U-2's All That You Can't Leave Behind (an album containing, literally, a single good song interspersed with numerous mediocre or worse songs) winning 7 awards; etc.... No awards for Jimi Hendrix until 20 years after his death; no award for Patsy Cline until 30+ years after her death; no award for Led Zeppelin until 2005; no nominations for The Stones until a decade past their prime, etc.... And if we're talking nominations, well, it would take several days to list all of the questionable/laughable nominees.

Maynard James Keenan** said: I think the Grammys are nothing more than some gigantic promotional machine for the music industry. They cater to a low intellect and they feed the masses. They don't honor the arts or the artist for what he created. It's the music business celebrating itself. That's basically what it's all about

** lead singer of metal band Tool (7-time nominee, 3-time Grammy winner)

I think you'd have some argument, though, that the Grammies are a better indicator of musical talent than admission to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

No. 11 on Rolling Stone's Top Albums of 2012.

Look for their first Album Sigh No More too.

I thinks it's a good deal...I'm listening to Babel now...so don't buy it if you don't like it...I happen to like this genre of music...some people don't...so let it be

15 great songs, thank you OP.

FrugalFreak said:   i gave red because it sounds like over loud celtic music with people singing. if you listen to first few seconds, most songs have the same drone. almost like bagpipes and average voice singer merges together into one noise.

Not everyone needs tasteful harmonies and dynamics in music. To me too (from the previews) it sounded like an endless variation of Celtic-sounding american country music. To each his own. It may be good music for someone. God bless. But I am with you on that Babel album, man.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014