• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I keep getting a bad request when I click my own links, just copy and paste them for now. I will fix the links if someone will point out what I'm doing wrong.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/dd-ultimate-pack/102768

This package includes some of the best pc rpgs money can buy for a pretty great price. The expansions are included with these as well

Included

Baldurs Gate 1
Baldurs Gate 2
Icewind Dale 1
Icewind Dale 2
Planescape Torment
The Temple of Elemental Evil
Neverwinter Nights
Neverwinter Nights 2

I did have to download some steam esque GameStop app to download the titles, but it does not appear to require that software to run the games. You can also download them multiple times just like steam. These games have strong mod communities that have made numerous mods that enhance gameplay and visuals if you can't handle the old school look to some of them. I have already downloaded and tried NWN 1 and 2 on my Win7 x64 and they both run flawlessly. I am not sure how long this sale will last.

If you don'w want all the games you can break it down into 2 separate packages
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/dungeons-dragons-neverwinter-ni... - $7.49

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/dungeons-dragons-anthology-the-... - $4.99

GameStop
See GameStop coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Dungeons and Dragons Ultimate Pack
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Broken link?

EDIT: Strange, I tried putting the link and it gives me a bad request also. I would just go to the GameStop site and search on "D&D Ultimate Pack".

Good deal. I have almost all of these already, but on DVD. I think it might be worth the $11.24 to download them and then not worry about having to rip my DVDs, and I know most of these games check to see that you have the DVD in the drive when playing, which blows. I assume these versions kill that, another benefit than having to run some CD/DVD drive emulator.

Can anyone confirm if this is a "clean" install or is it steam (or equivalent) activated? I did notice that it states that you have to use GameStop's downloader:

Connectivity: Broadband internet connection required for multiplayer online play. GameStop App must be installed in order to download software.

The cut/paste of the link worked for me too. They're using internal redirects (is that the right term?) so something FW adds is messing it up.

The best you will do is a search link:
D&D Goodness

**Been a while since I did hard core web development, but I know there's a translation table involved that can be any regular expression. The numbers at the end of the link triggers code that looks at the number and redirects you to the right page. So, once you add junk on the end, it messes up the regular expression match and fails.

So these are NOT activatable on Steam?

I spent $10 on GoG for NWN (not on sale -- had just discovered site and didn't know about sales). Already own BG2 and IWD2. This is a great deal.

You do get CD keys with the games, but I don't think they are all available on steam. I also have Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 running fine as well.

In for 1. And a few days of not working I suppose.

discover offers 5% back

UPDATE. I went ahead and bought this. I am slightly bummed though, but it should have been expected.

-You have to download and install the GameStop app to install or download (your "archive") of the individual games.
-I have no time to play now, as my interest is for archival purposes should I want to play these again in the future and not have to resort to pulling out my worn DVDs.
-I downloaded the archive for Baldur's Gate. It saved (on win7Pro x64 pc) a file C:\ProgramData\GameStop\App\Backup\Baldur's Gate Complete1.3.013.impulse
-This file can be opened using 7-zip or WinRAR.
-I of course tried to unzip it, and it goes for a while and then i get asked for a password. Great. I tried various obvious things like "GameStop" and my username from my account on GameStop without any luck.
-I also noticed that the files consist of a lot of XML files used for installing the game, not your traditional "setup.exe" or "install.exe" file, so even if I did have the password my guess is that it would be a bear to figure out how to install this myself without the GameStop download app.

So is this a showstopper? Maybe for some. The only comfort I have is that will be able to backup these impulse files to my external backup drive, however you all know as well as I do that one day it's possible GameStop will not exist anymore and then what? I'll be stuck with these impulse files with no way to install them without GameStop's app.

Thanks Nov03, green!

Had an issue getting the order to process though. Got my paypal confirmation, then an hour & a half later GameStop says order canceled unable to process payment. Thirty minutes after that Impulse (GS) sends order complete, never had that happen before.

no issues with GS registration or app d/l.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014