• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The program is available for $49.95, but it will be free for our visitors as a time-limited offer.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/sketch-drawer/

Sketch Drawer is a kind of photo editing software tool intended for converting photographs to pencil sketches. This program enables users to make usual photographs into exquisite pencil-drawn pictures, both black-and-white and colored. While creating a pencil sketch, you can choose your most preferred settings and options.

There are two ways you can edit photographs with SoftOrbits: manually and by aid of ready-made presets. These presets can be used as guides by beginners.

Member Summary

Sketch Drawer
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Program won't install. The readme file says to make sure you extract all files including a .gcd one which I did. But I get a message saying "the key cannot be decrypted" every time I try to install.

Green to OP for finding free deal to neat concept program, but red for developer! Downloaded, installed, and registered successfully:

1. After program installs, start the program and it will give you the same serial key as in the readme.txt file.
2. You then get a window to install the GOTD bar (which I closed out of)
3. Then you have to click "Help -> Register" and type in the registration key and your email address and submit it.
4. It will come back and say "Registration Successful"

However, after that point no matter what type of picture I open and try to convert to a sketch just using their DEFAULT settings, it crashes about 75% through the conversion... EVERY TIME. I have a Compaq 8510p with XP SP3, 2GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600. I tried closing all programs, rebooting, etc. Did they give away a pre-beta version?!?

Thanks OP! Good find for me.

Installed and run without problem (Win 7 Pro 64 ServPk 1, i7-2600 @ 3.40, 8GB).

I've processed more than a dozen photos from thumbnail to 8 x 10 without any hiccups or glitches. Re-ran several to try other settings too. Photos are processed quite rapidly and you see the results at the end. Watching the process in real time, if available, could be helpful in learning how to tweak the settings. I saved the processed drawings in a lossless format and re-worked them for color or contrast, etc., in Photoshop with which I am more familiar. Perhaps, as I become better acquainted with Sketch Drawer, and can get the exact look from the settings panel, a tweaking in Photostop will not be necessary.

You can get a very quick before and after look of what the Sketch Drawer program does here.

I'm working on a large (30+ page) bi-monthly newsletter and can see using this utility in a number of ways. Perhaps like the WSJ does on its front page human interest story each day. It will certainly add another arrow to my artistic quiver. Thanks again OP.

Installed and tested ok. Thanks, OP, and green!!

thanks OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.