• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
TV goes to setup wizard menu on it's own. The only way out it to power cycle the unit or go through a time consuming channel scan. I looked at the website of Seiki it says there is a firmware download for every model except for this one to call customer service. Anyone know the solution?

The TV Model # SC261FS has a defect in the firmware, the channel setup screen pops up occasionally to frequently. Annoying.
Seiki doesn't support the flash firmware for this TV anymore so you're stuck with it. HDMI cable isn't included with this refurbished set from Newegg. Still....$89

I sent an email to Seiki customer Service, If they have any solutions to the firmware I'll post it here.

Bruneau said:   The TV Model # SC261FS has a defect in the firmware, the channel setup screen pops up occasionally to frequently. Annoying.
Seiki doesn't support the flash firmware for this TV anymore so you're stuck with it. HDMI cable isn't included with this refurbished set from Newegg. Still....$89

Mine hasn't had the pop up yet.

OK so what's my best option to get it fixed? Work with Newegg or Seiki?

Yea mine hasnt had any issues with the setup screen popping up at all.

Seiki doesn't respond to my email, Newegg doesn't give refunds on this one, I get about 2 popups an hour in TV mode.
Live with it?

For anyone that might have this problem I found a fix for it. Go to http://www.seikidigital.com/support/downloads.php#firmware and download the Model # SC221FS firmware. Follow the directions at the top of the page to flash it. You lose 1 of the hdmi ports but will have no more menu flash. Not perfect but its a workaround. I havent had the problem yet but thought those that did might find this useable.

Interesting solution. I already returned mine to Newegg after a brief discussion where they initially refused but gave in after a while.

Psykedout66 said:   For anyone that might have this problem I found a fix for it. Go to http://www.seikidigital.com/support/downloads.php#firmware and download the Model # SC221FS firmware. Follow the directions at the top of the page to flash it. You lose 1 of the hdmi ports but will have no more menu flash. Not perfect but its a workaround. I havent had the problem yet but thought those that did might find this useable.

If you haven't had this problem, how do you know this works? I'd rather put up with the pop-ups than end up with a dead TV.

I'm having this same problem. On hold with Seiki now. I'm afraid to use the work around suggested by Psykedout. Did it work?

OMG! I have been on hold for about 7 minutes for SEIKI support. When the rep picked up, he asked me for the model number and he didn't say a word. He just hung up on me!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014