• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Regular price is $699. Coupon number is 30217935, and is valid on either of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/engines-generators/gas-engine-gener...
http://www.harborfreight.com/engines-generators/gas-engine-gener...

Well reviewed (4.5 out of 5 from 27 reviewerss). This is a lot of generator for the money, has the potential to be used as a "whole house" generator for many of us.

Be aware that this is a truck shipped item due to weight, so not elligible for $6.99 shipping. Best deal is a local store and the printed coupon from the Feb 2013 flyer.

Member Summary

Gen
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

Coupon Front
Thanks titleist1
Disclaimer

Coupon Back
Thanks titleist1
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rbstern said:   Well reviewed (4.5 out of 5 from 27 reviewerss)Nice. But only shows "3 reviews" at link.

May look into this.

rbstern, thanks for the deal! Both links you post are to the same item. Can you clarify?

This is the other link he meant to post. It's the non-CA version. http://www.harborfreight.com/420cc-8750-watts-max7000-watts-rate...

can someone post the "coupon from Feb 2013" flyer. Thanks.

I was interested in their generators until I saw the 90 day warranty. Others offer 2 or 3 year warranties. I'll pass, but good price.

Yeah, that 90 day warranty is a bummer. FWIW Costco has the 9000 watt Champion with electric start for $699 and it has a two year warranty, and a wheel kit. Also any generator this size is going to be VERY thirsty.

GTPaPi said:   can someone post the "coupon from Feb 2013" flyer. Thanks.

Uploaded. See above.

They generally offer extended warranties for a reasonable price, but I don't see it on their website.
90 days is ridiculous.

Thanks,

Will they accept that when I go in store? How did you obtain it? from the mail?

titleist1 said:   GTPaPi said:   can someone post the "coupon from Feb 2013" flyer. Thanks.

Uploaded. See above.

yakky said:   Yeah, that 90 day warranty is a bummer. FWIW Costco has the 9000 watt Champion with electric start for $699 and it has a two year warranty, and a wheel kit. Also any generator this size is going to be VERY thirsty.

The Champion in Costco also has remote start. This is a great feature as it automatically couples and decouples the power to the lines. You can start it and stop it from in the house. I purchased a Champion from Costco a few years back and paid more for less power and without the remote start. Did use it after hurricane Sandy and it ran well without problems, it is a bit loud though. One reviewer for the Predator says its 76db which is quieter than the Champion. If your going get the wheelkit and the battery for electric start its about $100 less than the Champion at Costco. $100 for remote start, 2 year warranty, and Champions availablity of replacement parts is probably worth the diffrence. Just my humble opinion.

yakky said:   Yeah, that 90 day warranty is a bummer. FWIW Costco has the 9000 watt Champion with electric start for $699 and it has a two year warranty, and a wheel kit. Also any generator this size is going to be VERY thirsty.

Is this in-store Costco only or also viewable on their website?
Can't beat that price but I agree it would be very thirsty, although if you don't load it with 8000-9000 watts then I imagine it wouldn't be as thirsty at half load (5000-6000 waats).

Personally since Sandy I've been looking to purchase a 5000-6000 waat generator and even those are typically ALWAYS not in stock lately at box stores (Home Depot, Lowes, etc). A 'decent' brand (i.e. Generac 5500) is $669 at a Home Depot but again is never available in-store.

GTPaPi said:   Thanks,

Will they accept that when I go in store? How did you obtain it? from the mail?

titleist1 said:   GTPaPi said:   can someone post the "coupon from Feb 2013" flyer. Thanks.

Uploaded. See above.

I would not expect any problems, they just throw the coupons in the garbage while I am paying whenever I go. Last time I just showed the code on my phone and cashier typed it in (this was not for a generator though). Good luck.

yakky said:   Yeah, that 90 day warranty is a bummer. FWIW Costco has the 9000 watt Champion with electric start for $699 and it has a two year warranty, and a wheel kit. Also any generator this size is going to be VERY thirsty.FWIW. Looks like they had some problems with these. Recall: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57545168/costco-sold-champio...

11/5/12
"Two models of Champion Power Equipment portable generators are being recalled due to fire hazards, The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced Friday."

Pinan said:   yakky said:   Yeah, that 90 day warranty is a bummer. FWIW Costco has the 9000 watt Champion with electric start for $699 and it has a two year warranty, and a wheel kit. Also any generator this size is going to be VERY thirsty.FWIW. Looks like they had some problems with these. Recall: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57545168/costco-sold-champio...

11/5/12
"Two models of Champion Power Equipment portable generators are being recalled due to fire hazards, The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced Friday."

Yes there was a recall, it happens, Champion stepped up to the plate and took care of the issues. Honda just had a recall on their EU2000's as well for the same thing.

yakky said:   
Yes there was a recall, it happens, . .
Yup. I only noted it after searching Costco for Champion generators, and not finding any. Again, fwiw.

The 9k watt champion is costco item 690852, might want to call around if you want one, it seems to be in some stores, not others.

chibimike said:   They generally offer extended warranties for a reasonable price, but I don't see it on their website.
90 days is ridiculous.

Found the in store brochure for extended service plans:
https://esolutions.assurant.com/Content/HarborFrt/HarborFreightBrochure.pdf

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014