• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Roku 2 XS 1080P Wireless Streaming Media Player with One Free HDMI Cable, Manufacturer Refurbished

$64.99 (Item#0013696-001)

$64.99 w/Code: MLCKW31FNL1 For First 50 Orders

Link

Yet another discounted Roku refurb offer!

Hard to believe anyone is not familiar with Roku by now. Seems like someone has refurbs once a week. This week's refurb is a Roku 2 XS. The R2XS is my favorite Roku because it has a usb port which allows one to play media files off an attached usb disk. That said, local file playback is not a strength of the Roku. If you are looking for a set top box that does a nice job with local file playback and streams internet content, I like the SMP better and you can get one for $30 on eBay if you are patient. I have four SMPs, but am buying Rokus these days.

The Roku is an OK streamer. A lot of people expect these streaming boxes to replace their cable or satellite service. I suspect those people are primarily responsible for the river of refurbs. These boxes package internet content for display on your television at ten feet with a remote control. Some of them directly or indirectly play local media. That's not TV. Local news, sports, live events are lacking. Its strength is in its extensibility -- people can make channels for it. There are hundreds of channels. Some are amazing, some are not. A lot of people expect these streaming boxes to replace their cable or satellite service. I suspect those people are primarily responsible for the river of refurbs. These boxes package internet content for display on your television at ten feet with a remote control. Some of them directly or indirectly play local media. That's not TV. Local news, sports, live events are lacking.

I have five Rokus and this is a good price. If you like Netflix, Vudu, Prime, or Crackle, the Roku provides a nice interface for a tv. If you are a cable cutter, you can watch CNN, Fox, CNBC, MSNBC, and fun clips. If you are willing to run a separate server in your home, then you can get more content via Playon or Plex. Going forward, I expect Aereo, Skitter, and others will bring real, live television programming to the Roku.

Go ahead and buy one. You may be surprised what you get for $65.

Member Summary

Roku 2 XS
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Title doesn't say refurb, description does ??

Update: Title now edited to indicate refurb.

-----------------

Roku 2 XS 1080P Wireless Streaming Media Player with One Free HDMI Cable, Manufa (0013696-001)

Posted Today, 05:20 AM in _ _
Cookie21

Roku 2 XS 1080P Wireless Streaming Media Player with One Free HDMI Cable, Manufa (0013696-001) [Meritline.com] (-2 Score)
Regular Price: $79.99
Final Price: $64.99
+ Free Shipping
Coupon Code: MLCKW31FNL1
limit 50 users !

----------

wizwor @ __

Quote from jpk1080 :
Waiting to pull the trigger on this. Anyone care to comment on how good of a deal this is. New they seem to be around 90 bucks.
Yet another discounted Roku refurb offer! $65 isn't the best price, but it's a good price. You can wait for a lower price, or you can grab one and start playing.

Hard to believe anyone is not familiar with Roku by now. Seems like someone has refurbs once a week. This week's refurb is a Roku 2 XS. The R2XS is my favorite Roku because it has a usb port which allows one to play media files off an attached usb disk. That said, local file playback is not a strength of the Roku. If you are looking for a set top box that does a nice job with local file playback and streams internet content, I like the SMP [wordpress.com] better and you can get one for $30 [eBay.com] on eBay if you are patient. I have four SMPs, but am buying Rokus these days.

The Roku is an OK streamer. A lot of people expect these streaming boxes to replace th... hundreds of channels. Some are amazing [wordpress.com], some are not. A lot of people expect these streaming boxes to replace their cable or satellite service. I suspect those people are primarily responsible for the river of refurbs. These boxes package internet content for display on your television at ten feet with a remote control. Some of them directly or indirectly play local media. That's not TV. Local news, sports, live events are lacking.

I have five Rokus and this is a good price. If you like Netflix, Vudu, Prime, or Crackle, the Roku provides a nice interface for a tv. If you are a cable cutter, you can watch CNN, Fox, CNBC, MSNBC, and fun clips. If you are willing to run a separate server in your home, then you can get more content via Playon [wordpress.com] or Plex [wordpress.com]. Going forward, I expect Aereo [wordpress.com], Skitter, and others will bring real, live television programming to the Roku.

Go ahead and buy one. You may be surprised what you get for $65.

just a warning, i bought a refurb Roku 2 XS (The last sale) and when i received it, well it was VERY used scratches everywhere dents etc. Now i didnt really caer because i got it for $50 and that was going to happen anyways (5 kids and all what do you expect)

My refurbished Roku 2 XS looked brand new.
No issues at all with it.

DealGraber said:   just a warning, i bought a refurb Roku 2 XS (The last sale) and when i received it, well it was VERY used scratches everywhere dents etc. Now i didnt really caer because i got it for $50 and that was going to happen anyways (5 kids and all what do you expect)
My Roku refurb went back to 1SaleADay. No matter what, it could not connect to any wireless access point. With Roku refurb, luck plays some good role and yes, the company does not check the functionality before putting them on sale as refurb.

Was at Ratshack yesterday and saw them new for $79.99 (20 off regular price) but did not see them in the latest flyer. YMMV.

Coupon no longer working for me.

Coupon dead

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014