• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw this over at Ben's...

link

If you want to argue about using TVs as computer monitors instead of computer monitors just reference the previous thread for this monitor when it was $629.

Ends 2/6. Dell Business has the Dell UltraSharp U2913WM 21:9 29" Ultra-Wide LED Monitor for $550 with free shipping. Features a height-adjustable stand, tilt and swivel. If you're looking to expand your workspace with a single monitor, this is it.

2560 x 1080, 21:9 aspect ratio, 2mm:1 dynamic contrast
LED backlit matte, 8ms response, 300 cd/m2 brightness

Dell Small Business
See Dell Small Business discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Dell UltraSharp U2913WM
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

icecube said:   
If you want to argue about using TVs as computer monitors instead of computer monitors just reference the previous thread for this monitor when it was $629.

I am going to argue that it is not tall enough :-P
2560x1600 FTW!

First of all, this is a great deal and the value cannot be beat for the price, green for you OP.

However, as a 30" ultrasharp owner for almost 10 years now, I can truly say that having 1600 height makes all the difference to me... yes I do notice it a lot whenever I am forced to use "shorter" monitors at work. Also, user reviews are mixed on the performance of this unit (buzzing noises and bleeding), which might be why they are discounting it so much, so buyer beware.

And for those that think a TV is the way to go... all I can say is, find someone that has a 2560x1600 monitor and try it for a full day. Then go back to your TV and tell me that how that compares...

The resolution is not high enough considering this is 29 inch, especially the vertical pixel. I would suggest looking for an IPS monitor instead at this pricing point.

zbz99 said:   The resolution is not high enough considering this is 29 inch, especially the vertical pixel. I would suggest looking for an IPS monitor instead at this pricing point.
It has ips panel. I guess you meant 16:10 aspect ratio, which gives more work space in vertical.

Might make for a good (albeit overpriced) tv to hookup to a computer.

This price is good! I will consider because now i can't afford this.

Wait, is this a monitor or TV?

UberNoob said:   Wait, is this a monitor or TV?

Monitor

Interesting monitor but two 20" Dell 2007FP @ 1600x1200 for $100/ea on eBay beats this on pure resolution and PPI.

If you can't stand to have the bezel in the middle or like the LED or it has better color or some other factor then that's another issue.

Debating between this or the U2711. I am waiting for another nice U2711 deal in the $650 range...

Edit: To all those comparing this with two cheaper monitors, or a TV, or some other cheaper TN panel monitor... these higher priced Dell monitors are aimed at those who needs a monitor with good performance for things like graphic design, illustration, or print work. People not doing that type of work are not looking to spend $500 on a single monitor.

Hmm, this or two 24" Ultrasharp IPS monitors...

FSBox said:   Debating between this or the U2711. I am waiting for another nice U2711 deal in the $650 range...

Edit: To all those comparing this with two cheaper monitors, or a TV, or some other cheaper TN panel monitor... these higher priced Dell monitors are aimed at those who needs a monitor with good performance for things like graphic design, illustration, or print work. People not doing that type of work are not looking to spend $500 on a single monitor.
If you're willing to pay the $650, I'd say definitely go for the 2711 or the 2713H. That ~40% extra vertical space makes a big difference.

How does this compare to the U2713HM I just bought for the same price? Other than the obvious size increase whats the difference in specs and what not? I am a gamer and Excel user. Someone please enlighten me. Should I cancel my back ordered U2713HM for one of these? Opinions are appreciated.

No man, 1080p resolution is 1920x1080. This monitor is much more significant, in a smaller surface area. So that means more pixels per inch, which mean exceptional image quality. Better than any HDTV on the market (they all stop at 1920x1080 unless you pay $20k for a 4k display). But this is not a tv, no tuner with it.

I think when it comes to resolution on this people are REALLY missing the point.

2560*1080 is theaterwide 2.35:1. It's also wide enough to show two 1280X720 feeds side by side. I'd assume this monitor was designed for video editing people.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014