• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just bought this because it is cheap. I also found many people upgraded this PC with
1. 1GB RAM to 4GB RAM (If you install standard Win7 or higher)
2. Windows 7 Pro / Windows 8
3. SSD Flash (Which I am not sure if I will do this or not)

There is a youtube video for how to open this PC and replace memory and hard drive. The video uses LT4004u but I thinks this is the same chassis as LT4010u.
Youtube Link

Link to WalMart Site
LINK

** Specifications **
Primary Color: Black
Processor Type: Intel Atom N2600 Processor
Processor Speed: 1.60 GHz
System Ram: 1 GB
Hard Drive Size: 320 GB
Laptop Screen Size:10.1"
Screen Resolution: LED Backlight (1024x600)
Graphics Card: Intel GMA 3600 with 64MB
Card Reader Type: 1 x Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
Battery Life: 4 hours
Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Network Connection:10/100 Fast Ethernet & 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
Connector Type: 1 x DC-in, 1 x Ethernet, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Headphone, 1 x Microphone, 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x VGA
Operating System: Windows 7 Starter
Accessories Included: AC Adapter,Power Cord
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 7.3 x 10.2 x 1.01
*********

Member Summary

LT4010u
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Are you buying this because of it's small physical size? Why not spend $200 on a Nexus 7 16GB tablet? If I need a keyboard I'd move up to a 14" or larger laptop; bigger screen and higher resolution.

kshell said:   Are you buying this because of it's small physical size? Why not spend $200 on a Nexus 7 16GB tablet? If I need a keyboard I'd move up to a 14" or larger laptop; bigger screen and higher resolution.

I'm looking at this because I want something with a keyboard that's small and light, but also inexpensive. 7" is much too small for me (I have a Kindle Fire and absolutely hate to even send text messages on it! One finger typing is frustrating! My 15" laptop has become too cumbersome to carry around every day. I need to be able to use Office (mostly word and PowerPoint), surf/research/bookmark, email, and would like to view YouTube and Netflix now and then. Heavy work is done with my laptop, but on location.

Done - shipping to home adds $4.97; it's nearly that much in gas to get to the store (45 miles RT).

Do not forget the HDMI output...makes this even sweeter. I have one and now my 15.6 inch Asus is officially home-only status. Love watching my movies on hotel tv's with this little beast.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1253623/

This deal was posted already and got no green...seems like not so good a netbook deal and I should wait for something better?

Whether or not to wait depends on how long you want/can wait, you're what you're waiting for, and how much you want to spend among other things. I don't want Win8.. I'm good with upgrading the RAM (thank you for the video link in the posting, btw). I need it sooner than later and this seems like the right offer/price point for me. There is also a 15 day return window. Amazon has it for $259 with three reviews. I didn't check other sites. Having the RAM upgrade video link and other users suggestions helped cinch the deal for me.
.

I didn't see the post on the 26th.

Read this in a review of the motherboard on Newegg, was on the fence, but now decided against it as I was going to use this as a home theater pc.

"Cons: These NM10 boards are notorious for ONLY have proper video drivers for Windows 7 32-bit. If you use an external monitor, be prepared for a severe lack in resolutions. This is another reason I can't give this netbook a 5/5."

IMHO 10.1 is just too small for web surfing. 11.6 is really the sweet spot for small portable laptops.

I couldn't find any reviews on Newegg or Tiger Direct for this machine. It would be great if you could post a direct link.

omarECD said:   Read this in a review of the motherboard on Newegg, was on the fence, but now decided against it as I was going to use this as a home theater pc.

"Cons: These NM10 boards are notorious for ONLY have proper video drivers for Windows 7 32-bit. If you use an external monitor, be prepared for a severe lack in resolutions. This is another reason I can't give this netbook a 5/5."

omarECD said:   http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1253623/

This deal was posted already and got no green...seems like not so good a netbook deal and I should wait for something better?


So I'm the one who posted the previous one.. and I got the laptop within a couple days shipped from Colorado. I had already purchased the RAM upgrade, but wanted a baseline, so once the netbook got here, we used it for about a day before switching the 1gb RAM to the 2gb RAM and it was really quite a difference. I removed some of the gateway bloatware and things seem even smoother. We really like this machine, and I'm actually selling my HP touchpad and am likely going to buy a netbook.

All of that being said, the keyboard on this thing is small! But that will get easier with use, and it's bigger than typing on a tablet, so I can't really complain since I'm going from a micro keyboard on the tablet to a small keyboard on this netbook.

It's incredibly light, and my wife can put it in her purse.. She's happy. I'm happy. And it was less than $200 shipped!

Thanks for posting your review! I'm looking forward to its arrival tomorrow. I've had a 10" netbook and thought I'd never get used to the keyboard, but I certainly did, and for the price of this one - I'm really looking forward to giving my back a break from my laptop. Tiemanator said:   omarECD said:   http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1253623/

This deal was posted already and got no green...seems like not so good a netbook deal and I should wait for something better?


So I'm the one who posted the previous one.. and I got the laptop within a couple days shipped from Colorado. I had already purchased the RAM upgrade, but wanted a baseline, so once the netbook got here, we used it for about a day before switching the 1gb RAM to the 2gb RAM and it was really quite a difference. I removed some of the gateway bloatware and things seem even smoother. We really like this machine, and I'm actually selling my HP touchpad and am likely going to buy a netbook.

All of that being said, the keyboard on this thing is small! But that will get easier with use, and it's bigger than typing on a tablet, so I can't really complain since I'm going from a micro keyboard on the tablet to a small keyboard on this netbook.

It's incredibly light, and my wife can put it in her purse.. She's happy. I'm happy. And it was less than $200 shipped!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014