• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

CX430
Disclaimer
NOTE: If you need a higher power PSU, the Corsair CX600 is available for $35.99 AC/AR. They raised the initial price by $10 from $59.99 to $69.99, so the original deal $27.99 AC/AR is no longer available.

Corsair Builder Series CX430 430W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply (N82E16817139026) = $44.99
20% off Select 80 Plus Bronze Power Supplies Promo Code (PSU80B0113, Expire 02/06/13) = -$9.00
Manufacturer Rebate (CM13-3504, Limit 1 per household, Expire 02/07/13) = -$20.00

TOTAL COST = $15.99 with Free Shipping

Use Newegg CB for an additional 2% or $0.72 savings.

Manufacture Product Link => CX430

• Power: 430 Watts
  • 80 Plus: Bronze
  • Type: ATX12V v2.3
  • Fans: 1 x 120mm
  • Connectors: 1xMain connector (20+4Pin), 1x8 Pin EPS 12V, 1xPCI-E, 4xSATA, 3xPeripheral, 1xFloppy
  • Output: +3.3V@20A, +5V@20A, +12V@32A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@3.0A
  • Dimension (WxHxL): 150mm x 86mm x 140mm / 5.9" x 3.4" x 5.5"
  • Weight: 4.44 lbs
  • Warranty: 3 Years

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Corsair Builder Series CX430 430W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I feel obligated to buy these every time they come around for under $20, super hot! 430W is more than enough power for most rigs and will run more efficiently than a huge PSU that is overkill for a typical 90-130W processor. I have purchased around 8 or 9 of these and have never had a problem with either the PSU or the rebate. Green.

I used this in my HTPC build and cut the cables to custom lengths, sleeved with paracord, and removed the extra 6 pin power connector (my mobo only uses the 4 pin power cable). Not too worried about ruining the warranty on a $16 PSU.

Edit: Just grabbed another one, couldn't resist.

been running a CX400 under a heavy load for about 4 years now. GREAT DEAL, on a GREAT PSU. Prob going to order one for my HTPC build coming up.

This PS may be "Bronze" but it seems to be simply a black eye for Corsair... 20%+ bad comments/DOAs. Ouch!

MarsOnEarth said:   This PS may be "Bronze" but it seems to be simply a black eye for Corsair... 20%+ bad comments/DOAs. Ouch!

It is also true that 56% (300) of the reviews are 5-Egg reviews.

MarsOnEarth said:   This PS may be "Bronze" but it seems to be simply a black eye for Corsair... 20%+ bad comments/DOAs. Ouch!

and most people only submit their feedback when there is a problem.

wluk said:   MarsOnEarth said:   This PS may be "Bronze" but it seems to be simply a black eye for Corsair... 20%+ bad comments/DOAs. Ouch!

and most people only submit their feedback when there is a problem.

Correct.

Damn , just bought this 2 days ago with only a $10 rebate and no promo code. . This was for a client whos Dell psu quit on them , but they did need the Dell fixed asap so waiting for a better deal was not an option .

Ive installed quite a few of these "Builder Series" in clients computers and they have all performed great (with no call backs with problems from clients on any of them thus far). So far Ive recieved all the rebates too .

At this price I may grab another CX430 or the CX600 just to keep on hand.

Another positive vote here, I've bought 7 of these so far with no problems at all these can't be beat for the price

Just bought this too recently for around $20 AR ... great price now. Doubt the 'Egg' will price adjust.

How long does it take to get these rebates back?

I guess 80-90% are good odds, IF you don't mind taking the remaining % chance that your MB/GC, etc. could be taken out by this PS. The CX400 was a great value. The CX430 is not worth it for me to risk what I already got (and that is much more valuable to me).

[edited out a superfluous "the"]

I have four or five of these too - all have worked great. Fantastic deal.

Best price I've seen on this...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014