compare at $820.00
Free Shipping!

Add it to your cart to see the price at checkout

Product Details:
  • Full HD
  • 600HZ Sub-field Drive
  • Media Player (movie & photo capable)
  • Game Mode

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Interesting.

When shopping for a HDTV earlier this year I swore that I would not buy a plasma or 60Hz HDTV and after going to Frys to check them out in person, we walked out with a 60" LG plasma. I personally thought the picture was better than any other set in this price range. The $1,600+ LED did have a noticeably better picture, but I would expect that for twice the price.

this is in store only, not free shipping

ricoscoro said:   this is in store only, not free shipping

Strange, Fry's email advertises free shipping: click to view version.

I will share my experience with this TV, which I have owned for a few months now. There is a very audible buzz when showing bright / white scenes - probably won't be noticeable unless the sound has been lowered, but it is not a quiet buzz. Burn-in is a very real concern for this - so don't expect it to work great for gaming. Skin tones have been very difficult to get right, though I haven't recalibrated it in a month or so and as is the way with plasma, the screen's appearance will change after it's been "broken in". Reflections will be a problem, unless the room has no light sources opposite the tv, as there is no anti-glare coating / filter.

delete

Greymulkin said:   ricoscoro said:   this is in store only, not free shipping

Burn-in is a very real concern for this - so don't expect it to work great for gaming.

Unless you left this on a static screen nearly full-time, I doubt you'd have any issue at all with burn-in on this modern plasma. I've got a 6 year-old Hitachi plasma that most certainly has inferior screen-wiping and anti-burn technology compared to this much newer, better Panasonic and burn-in has never been a problem for me, even when my daughter leaves the set paused for hours (my POS DISH DVR's screen saver takes, literally, 4 hours before it kicks in - clearly whatever moron who designed it is completely ignorant of plasmas, as well as ergonomics, easy-to-use menus, overall functionality, and reliablity, since our 3rd one's hard drive is starting to crap out. But I digress.).

Greymulkin said:   ricoscoro said:   this is in store only, not free shipping

I will share my experience with this TV, which I have owned for a few months now. There is a very audible buzz when showing bright / white scenes - probably won't be noticeable unless the sound has been lowered, but it is not a quiet buzz. Burn-in is a very real concern for this - so don't expect it to work great for gaming. Skin tones have been very difficult to get right, though I haven't recalibrated it in a month or so and as is the way with plasma, the screen's appearance will change after it's been "broken in". Reflections will be a problem, unless the room has no light sources opposite the tv, as there is no anti-glare coating / filter.

I agree with the above, having owned for a few months as well. I will also say that I have zero regrets about buying this TV at a price point about $100 more than what it's on right now - it's got a great picture. If all you care about is picture quality, then this set is a great bang for the buck.

showing up as $1199 now and in store only.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014