Ipad 4 at 453.8$ (openbox) Last day B&M

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I made it to buy an Ipad4 today from bestbuy which was an open box item. regular cost 465 added a 10% off coupon (only for openbox) from bestbuy site. expiring 2/2/2013 (Today) .. So it went down to some 417 and with tax came up to 453.8.. Pretty nice deal if you can grab one.. Just beware that it epires today at 8-9 or whenever bestbuy closes

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow, almost 9% sales tax...that sucks.

How many GB was it?

it was 16 gigs.. I still dont get reds I got

Hehe, standards are high around here, just a few pointers then since you ask I'll speculate (I did not red):

Open box
Likely localized
Very much YMMV
There was just another deal for brand new shipped for ~$50 less

And lastly, public display of iFanboizm is generally frowned upon by some of the population.

Hope this helps!

lol.. its not YMMV.. if you have one in local stores, grab one its the deal. http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/abn/2013/globa...

man003 said:   lol.. its not YMMV.. if you have one in local stores, grab one its the deal. http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/abn/2013/globa...

I'm not sure what you mean. The Q is not YMMV, but I think the availability of an open-box iPad is.

everything is always dependent on the availability. If your local shop has one open box its at 465$ (cost written on website itself) and the coupon is still good. so cost is not going to vary. Exactly that is the point. (frankly I dont know it lack of availability is the issue covered under YMMV).

any chance BB will accept these coupons tomorrow???

I dont think so. it was 1st jan till 2nd feb coupon.

LOL I remember when everyone thought Apple could do no wrong at any price.

FWIW, I went to Best Buy today. I got there right when they opened and went right to the Open Box iPad mini (16GB with Sprint wireless) that I saw last night on the store's website. I asked the guy if the 10% off coupon was still good. The guy was wearing a yellow shirt (I assume he was a manager?) and he told me that they decided to extend the 10% coupon on Open Box items.

The iPad mini was marked down to $384.99. I decided to go ahead and sign up for the cheapest (1GB @ $15.00/month) Sprint service, and they took an additional $100 off. So, I didn't get the 10% discount as they couldn't combine the offers. Total price (before tax) on the iPad mini I got was $284.99.

I did however pick up an Open Box Apple TV which they did take the 10% off (I only mentioned the coupon, I didn't even show it to them). Got that for $80.99

So, in a sense, after taxes and everything, I got the iPad mini at a $75 discount (regular price is $459.99) and picked up a free Apple TV 3. Just under $400 total out the door.

Your mileage may vary on the 10% discount extension, but it's worth a try...

Good to know Sundevil that it worked for you. Btw.. On Sprint service is it a contract or month on month?

On contract. The minimum contract i could sign up for in store was two years at $15 a month for 1GB/ month.

I realize it's not much of a deal. But, I will use it on occasion, so I can deal with the cost.

I can change the plan on Sprint.com to $10/ month for 300 mb/ month. For the extra $5 a month, I'll probably keep the 1gb plan, although I really hope they increase the data usage over the life of the contract... Would be nice if the unused data rolled over from month to month.

You can go month to month, but if you go that route, you don't get the $100 off.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014