• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Newegg has the YAMAHA RX-A720 7.2-Channel Receiver for $649 with a $220 promotional gift card w/ purchase, ends 2/3. Great receiver!Link

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

YAMAHA RX-A720 7.2-Channel Receiver
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Should update title to say price is $429 after $220 gift card

Edited...Thanks,first post

Actually should update the title to say $649 with a $220 gift card.

I love my Aventage but Yamaha stripped the pre-outs from this model--Which is strange since these are marketed to the audiophile on a budget

It does have mains pre outs but you have to go up to the next model (RX-A820) for full pre outs.Newegg is giving a $370 promotional gift card with the Rx-A820 And a $500 promotional gift card for the RXA-1020

Hi All: Neweggs also has the YAMAHA RX-V673BL with 220 GC as well. Tried to comparasion in CNET with YAMAHA RX-V673BL and RX-A720 but it lacked many information. Also tried to do comparison in Yamaha webesite but to no available. Any can recommend which one is a better buy? Thanks.

The Aventage series has better build and higher quality components than their regular series.Plus it's a 3 year warranty on the Aventage series and only 2 on the regular.

Receivers are rated with 2 channels driven where separate power amps are rated with all channels driven.

Simple answer--if you listen @ reasonable levels and are not extremely critical the 673 and 720 are basically the same unit with small differences the average user would not notice.

If you need a little more choose a unit with pre outs--economy of scale makes a mass market receiver cheaper than a dedicated pre/pro with the same decoding ability.

I've had countless preamps--but run power amps I've owned for over 30 years.

Thinking about replacing my Onkyo 805 with this one. Is this as good as the Onkyo?
The Onkyo started giving me an EEPROM error and every now and then it forgets all my settings, very annoying.

Thanks ardyar and dkadolphs. Aside form the 3 years warranty vs 2 years. The SPEC on both are the same execpt decoders and surround.

RX-A720 has less decoders but more sound effects.. Is it better and worth then extra 80 bucks? Thanks!

RX-A720

Built-in Decoders

Dolby Pro Logic IIx,
Dolby Digital Plus,
DTS-HD Master Audio,
Dolby TrueHD

Surround Sound Effects

CINEMA DSP 3D,
SILENT CINEMA DSP,
Virtual Presence Speaker,
Virtual CINEMA DSP

=================================

RX-V673

Built-in Decoders

Dolby TrueHD,
Dolby Digital Plus,
Dolby Pro Logic IIx,
DTS-HD Master Audio,
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio

Surround Sound Effects

CINEMA DSP 3D,
SILENT CINEMA DSP,
Virtual CINEMA DSP

The Aventage RX-A720, which has an aluminum front (not plastic like the RX-V673), input knob (the RX-V673 does not have the front knob selector).Other than that very similar..

This is a good deal. I bought one of these over the summer at American and had them price match it at $530. This was the lowest competitor price on their price matching list. Nice find OP.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014