• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is a higher quality popcorn machine with cart for your man cave. Right now it is $246.00 at HomeDepot.com, and then you get 15% off using coupon code SAVE15 with free shipping.

This machine has an 8 oz. kettle, and is less expensive than the GNP-400, which has a 4 oz. kettle. A lot of the ones you see in BJ's or Wally World made by Nostalgia have a lot of plastic and also only have a 2 oz. kettle, which doesn't make very much popcorn. 8 oz. gets you up to 3 gallons of popped popcorn per batch.

GNP-800 Link

The coupon is good until 02/03/2013

from HD dot com:

Includes a FREE Starter Kit: 25 FREE bags, measuring cups and a popcorn scoop with every popper! These Great Northern Popcorn top quality machines feature stainless steel food-zones, easy cleaning stainless steel kettles, an exclusive warming deck, old-maid drawers (for unpopped kernels), tempered safety glass panels and an industry leading 8 ounce kettle. Features of the All Star Popper with Cart: Deluxe model with 3 position control switch and 820 watts, popcorn supply storage in base, exclusive whisper quiet motor. Switches include: spot light warmer, stirrer and pot heater; 18 ball bearing wheels for smooth mobility, tempered safety glass walls, high impact polycarbonate doors, warming deck, built-in warmer light, popcorn supply storage in base, popcorn scoop, reject kernel tray, kernel and oil scoop, heavy-duty powder coated steel and stainless steel construction. Cleans up with water; makes roughly 3 gallons of popcorn per batch; works on standard 110 volt, 820 watts (top quality and certified), machine and cart is 17.1 in. L x 14.1 in. W x 59.8 in. H, large 16 in. diameter bicycle style wheels, top machine is 17.1 in. L x 14.1 in. W x 24.0 in. H, cart is 25.5 in. W x 36.6 in. H. Minor assembly is required.

Makes roughly 3 gallons of popcorn per batch
Machine and cart is 17.1 in. L x 14.1 in. W x 59.8 in. H
Popcorn supply storage in base
Exclusive whisper quiet motor
Switches include: spot light warmer, stirrer and pot heater
MFG Model # : 6128
MFG Part # : 6128
Savings Center : Temporary Price Reduction

Home Depot
See Home Depot discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Great Northern GNP-800 Popcorn Machine
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you don't need the cart, these $150 shipped units from discountommy are great.
I bought one for my bar area downstairs and love it.. You definitely want an 8oz one, with atleast 800+ watts (both do)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Great-Northern-Popcorn-Black-Antique-Sty...
If you have room for it though, this is a good deal on one with the cart.
One tip, keep the glass doors "vented" while the corn in actively popping, otherwise the steam will build up and make the popcorn soggy.

Costco has what looks like same thing under a different name for $5 more. Also available in Black

freakinout said:   Costco has what looks like same thing under a different name for $5 more. Also available in Black

It looks like it has about the same features, definitely a different manufacturer (I'm not sure if you were saying it is a rebadged GNP-800).

The Costco one seems a bit larger
26" W x 18" D x 60" H vs 17.1 L x 14.1 W x 59.8 H

robby69 said:   If you don't need the cart, these $150 shipped units from discountommy are great.
I bought one for my bar area downstairs and love it.. You definitely want an 8oz one, with atleast 800+ watts (both do)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Great-Northern-Popcorn-Black-Antique-Sty...
If you have room for it though, this is a good deal on one with the cart.
One tip, keep the glass doors "vented" while the corn in actively popping, otherwise the steam will build up and make the popcorn soggy.

I bought mine from that guy but from Amazon. my front door is about an inch short on the top so all the steam rolls out.

Love this damn thing.

frogman74 said:   
I bought mine from that guy but from Amazon. my front door is about an inch short on the top so all the steam rolls out.

Love this damn thing.

What do you pop in it?....I bought a case of the Northern Popcorn/Oil/Seasoning unit dose packets. Its good, but not great.. Of course I still tastes better than the $13 bucket of popcorn at the movie theaters.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014