• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Samsung 15.6" Laptop w/ 3rd Gen i3, 4GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Intel HD 4000 and Windows 8 @ Best Buy - $399.99
was $499.99
Free Shipping!

• 15.6" LED Backlit HD Widescreen Display (1366 x 768)
  • 3rd Generation Intel Core i3 2.4Ghz Dual-core CPU (3MB L3 Cache)
  • 4GB DDR3 Memory (Up to 8GB)
  • 750GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
  • Intel HD 4000
  • Wireless N
  • 6-Cell Battery
  • 5.5 Pounds
  • 2 USB 3.0 Ports and 2 USB 2.0 Ports
  • HDMI Port
  • Windows 8
  • 1 Year Parts and Labor Warranty

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Samsung 15.6" Laptop w/ 3rd Gen i3, 4GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Intel HD 4000 and Windows 8
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

want it, but wondering about the keyboard quality

OK now it's back up to $499.00. Staples has been selling this one for the last 2 weeks for $499.00. I purchased this two weeks ago from Staples, and returned it 4 days later, thanks to Staples 14 day no hassle return policy. The hardware itself is nice, I just didn't like Windows 8 on a non-touch screen device. Instead I purchased an Acer Iconia w700 convertible Tablet/PC and really love it.

mikie12345 said:   OK now it's back up to $499.00. Staples has been selling this one for the last 2 weeks for $499.00. I purchased this two weeks ago from Staples, and returned it 4 days later, thanks to Staples 14 day no hassle return policy. The hardware itself is nice, I just didn't like Windows 8 on a non-touch screen device. Instead I purchased an Acer Iconia w700 convertible Tablet/PC and really love it.

well...how was the typing? noise? flex? pressure? springy or dead?

> well...how was the typing? noise? flex? pressure? springy or dead?

This seemed like a quality laptop. I didn't notice it having any of the bad attributes that you mention. Hardware was really nice, but it was the total experience that was ruined for my by having Windows 8 on this laptop. I spent most of my time trying to navigate windows 8 screen using a mouse. I wanted to be open minded about Windows 8 on a laptop. I needed to become knowledge about Windows 8 in order to support my clients, but the whole experience was so non-rewarding that I knew I couldn't stand using Windows 8 on a non-touch screen device. So I really didn't use the keyboard that much. So I returned it and am I now enjoying the Acer W700 with it's 1920 x 1080 resolution.

mikie12345 said:   > well...how was the typing? noise? flex? pressure? springy or dead?

This seemed like a quality laptop. I didn't notice it having any of the bad attributes that you mention. Hardware was really nice, but it was the total experience that was ruined for my by having Windows 8 on this laptop. I spent most of my time trying to navigate windows 8 screen using a mouse. I wanted to be open minded about Windows 8 on a laptop. I needed to become knowledge about Windows 8 in order to support my clients, but the whole experience was so non-rewarding that I knew I couldn't stand using Windows 8 on a non-touch screen device. So I really didn't use the keyboard that much. So I returned it and am I now enjoying the Acer W700 with it's 1920 x 1080 resolution.

I wasn't worried about the hardware except maybe the graphics, the cpu benchmark was over 3000, a heck of a lot better than what I have now.

I do do a lot of typing so that is always a major factor. Hopefully it will drop down again; might go to BB and see if they have a model or similar one on display to test it out.

If I bought one I would immediately install win7 instead. Check their website and there were drivers listed....even ones for XP I believe.

Samsung makes some great quality laptops. The only thing is their screens are matte and not very good unless you are looking dead on.

> Samsung makes some great quality laptops. The only thing is their screens are matte and not very good unless you are looking dead on.

Yes Samsung does make some of the nicest laptops. Yes the matte finish is an anti-glare finish but it does appear to be dull. I like anti-glare screens and I have had them on my HP netbook and also Dell Vostro's but this one at least gives me the feeling that the screen it out of focus. One more thing that I did notice is that the touch pad was not always responsive, kind of hit and miss, but it could be just the unit that I had.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.