• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I hesitated to post this as the deal may expire today (2 Feb) since it was discounted for MacWorld 2013. Also, a similar discount last December generated some red from folks who preferred free software solutions instead of paid ones. Anyway, for those interested, AgileBits is discounting 1Password at 50% off. I used the promo code "MacPowerUsers" for an additional 20% off, getting the 5 license family Mac/Windows bundle for $39.99. Remember that the deal may expire soon, but is probably at least on through the weekend. Also, you will get a free upgrade to version 4 when it comes out (says so on their website). There is a 30 day refund policy if you find it doesn't work for you. The Mac version is also discounted at the App Store, but I used their website so I could buy the bundle.

Here is the link

Thanks to SpectreGadget for the correction on the promo code. I fixed it.

Also thanks to stinhoutx for finding the sale expiration of midnight on Sunday, 3 Feb. I fixed that as well

Member Summary

1Password on sale
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I see your point. Seems like you could just get the single Mac/Windows bundle. Heck I might have been able to do the s... (more)

Balut (Feb. 03, 2013 @ 9:28p) |

Yup. I've not done it personally, but the topic is addressed on their webpage.
http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/swit... (more)

DuncanIdaho (Feb. 08, 2013 @ 2:21p) |

does it keep track of software licenses ?

xoneinax (Feb. 20, 2013 @ 11:15a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Correction, "MacPowerUsers", don't forget the "s" at the end!

Whereas a good solution for Mac, this is a poor solution for PC and expensive compared to superior competitors!

blog says until midnight Sunday

$34.99?? Seriously? that's a good deal?

Edit: Nevermind.

Good deal. The iOS version is also "50%" off at $8.99.

donrull said:   Whereas a good solution for Mac, this is a poor solution for PC and expensive compared to superior competitors!

Care to provide names/links to said cheaper superior competitors?

WDEagle said:   donrull said:   Whereas a good solution for Mac, this is a poor solution for PC and expensive compared to superior competitors!

Care to provide names/links to said cheaper superior competitors?

Free solutions abound. There is usually little incentive to pay for these types of utilities unless there are specific features that a paid solution contains that are not available in the open source or free versions.

http://lifehacker.com/5042616/five-best-password-managers

I also recall an MSDN article that provided full source code for a password management utility that was actually very good.

I'm not sure why you'd pay anything for this when Keepass (a superior program) is completely free and available on every platform you could want. Listed in the link/article from the previous post and it's certainly my choice.

foglem said:   I'm not sure why you'd pay anything for this when Keepass (a superior program) is completely free and available on every platform you could want. Listed in the link/article from the previous post and it's certainly my choice.

The OS X implementation is complete garbage, my opinion. I tried it and it is unusable. I just want something that works, and 1password does the job well (also worth mentioning it is mentioned in that article).

I didn't see any discount in the MAC appstore

I just checked. I see $24.99 and it is usually $49.99. Might want to try again.

I'll throw in another vote for the FREE keepass.

I was unaware 1password cost money. But I can say this, I have several friends who use it and love it.

I use the MiniKeepass app for my iPhone ($1 or $2 I believe) and KeepassX for the Mac (OSX). I add/edit info on KeepassX on my laptop then download the changes to MiniKeepass via Dropbox. Great free solution!

Fantastic. Thanks, OP. I've been considering getting 1Password for months. These sealed the deal. I got more than I had planned to get (I went for the 5 license, Family version) and still paid less than I had planned to pay.

I just make my password "1Password" everywhere. That way I don't need to buy it.

i use lastpass for free via pc web browser, but i don't know a free solution using mobile.

I'll stick to LastPass. I've used it, without fail. I have however had to use Their paid "Premium" version, because I like to use it with iOS, but that's just My preference. I think I paid $12 for the Premium? Which still beats the crapola out of this "DEAL" LOL

SRCASTK said:   I'll stick to LastPass. I've used it, without fail. I have however had to use Their paid "Premium" version, because I like to use it with iOS, but that's just My preference. I think I paid $12 for the Premium? Which still beats the crapola out of this "DEAL" LOL

You pay $12/year for LastPass because that's your preference. I bought 1Password for $40 because that's my preference. 50% off plus another 20% off of that is a deal in my book. I'm not trying to convince someone to buy it. I'm passing along info to those who may want to save a few $$. Have a nice day.

If I upgrade my computer can I remove this program from the first computer and use the same key for the new computer?

foglem said:   I'm not sure why you'd pay anything for this when Keepass (a superior program) is completely free and available on every platform you could want. Listed in the link/article from the previous post and it's certainly my choice.

What he said. Another happy KeePass user here.

"lastpass" does the same thing and it is for Mac and Windows AND ITS FREE.

What is a Password?

I have used 1Password for years. I not ply keeps and generates passwords, it store software licenses, and all kinds of data. I would be lost without it. It is worth going to their website to check it out. It truly is a lifesaver!

I like safewallet. I am using it for couple of years. It is affordable. When I change password on one system it instantly syncs up with other systems(pc/laptop/iphone...) through dropbox. It is affordable too.

I have used this for years and it's free.

redmed said:   What is a Password?

As they discovered, most people used 123456 or abcdef!

Keepass is good for a free program, but I certainly wouldn't call it superior to 1Password....especially for noobs trying to keep everything synched between Macs and i-devices.

I bought 1Password a year ago and haven't regretted it at all because regardless of whether I am using one of 2 PCs, a Mac, an iPhone and iPad, it saves me time because my passwords are in sync on all devices without me having to spend time to achieve that. It also integrates well with any browser I use on Windows and OS X.

Am I the only one here who uses Dashlane? Brilliant and free utility with browser plug-ins. Check it our.

+1 for 1password. Have it, use it, love it. On Windows PCs. Great deal.

Not sure why they'd call it keep ass though.

The iOs app is on sale too.

It may be the case that it supports both the Mac and PC platforms, but be ready to pay for both. I was a bit peeved when I found this out... purchasing it from the AppStore (in 9/2011), the details stated one license covered all machines in the household. It's actually all Mac machines in a household. I use a single laptop--a MacBook Pro with VMware Fusion to support running Windows. I took advantage of an 50% off promotion at the time, paying $19.99... with the promise of a free upgrade to 4.0 when it was released. Well, now a year and a half later, still no V4.0--glad I didn't hold my breath! Was offered a reduced price (1/3 off $49.99) for the Windows version, but didn't jump. Have had some issues with it, enough that I've been looking for alternatives. This DEFINITELY isn't what I'd call a HOT deal, imho.

It may be the case that it supports both the Mac and PC platforms, but be ready to pay for both. I was a bit peeved when I found this out... purchasing it from the AppStore (in 9/2011), the details stated one license covered all machines in the household. It's actually all Mac machines in a household. I use a single laptop--a MacBook Pro with VMware Fusion to support running Windows. I took advantage of an 50% off promotion at the time, paying $19.99... with the promise of a free upgrade to 4.0 when it was released. Well, now a year and a half later, still no V4.0--glad I didn't hold my breath! Was offered a reduced price (1/3 off $49.99) for the Windows version, but didn't jump. Have had some issues with it, enough that I've been looking for alternatives. This DEFINITELY isn't what I'd call a HOT deal, imho.

tallladude said:   It may be the case that it supports both the Mac and PC platforms, but be ready to pay for both. I was a bit peeved when I found this out... purchasing it from the AppStore (in 9/2011), the details stated one license covered all machines in the household. It's actually all Mac machines in a household. I use a single laptop--a MacBook Pro with VMware Fusion to support running Windows. I took advantage of an 50% off promotion at the time, paying $19.99... with the promise of a free upgrade to 4.0 when it was released. Well, now a year and a half later, still no V4.0--glad I didn't hold my breath! Was offered a reduced price (1/3 off $49.99) for the Windows version, but didn't jump. Have had some issues with it, enough that I've been looking for alternatives. This DEFINITELY isn't what I'd call a HOT deal, imho.

It appears that tallladude has the program keepposting loaded on his computer.

Skipping 10 Messages...
foglem said:   I'm not sure why you'd pay anything for this when Keepass (a superior program) is completely free and available on every platform you could wantdoes it keep track of software licenses ?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014