• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Brother HL-2240D Compact Monochrome Personal Laser Printer with Duplex @ Newegg - $69.99
was $119.99
shipping adds $1.99
Expires On: Feb 4, 2013 11:59pm

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Brother HL-2240D Compact Monochrome Personal Laser Printer with Duplex
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

great printer have it... one of the best I ever bought and cartridges are good value...

been waiting for a decent lazer printer to go on sale. thanks. in for 1

Yay! I can get rid of my stupid ink jet junk FINALLY!!! I have been waiting for a good deal. I use to use Brothers a lot at an old job and (I was the computer person there) never had problems with them. They are work horses. Green kudos for you! Thanks

Office Depot has the Brother® HL-2270DW on sale this week for $99.99. For the extra $30 you get WiFi, Ethernet, 32 megabytes of memory vs. 8, and duplex printing. It's also a little faster.

For those of you about to purchase, you'll want to print this out somewhere. It's instructions on how to get around the low toner light. I am assuming this will also fix my issue: my toner light just came on out of the blue. Not a single page had issues thus far. I suspect there is a page count limitation on the toner.

This is actually from a review on Amazon, though I read about the "press go button 7 time" fix elsewhere too.
Ama reviewer help

Open the front cover of the Brother HL-2040 and leave open while completing the following steps:
1.) Turn the printer off.
2.) Hold the `go' button while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on.
3.) Release the `go' button once all lights are off.
4.) Press the `go' button 2 times.
5.) Pause.
6.) Press the `go' button 5 times.
7.) The toner light should be off.
8.) The paper light should be on.
9.) Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on.

I am at work so I can't try this to verify. I will do so tonight.

leborland622 said:   Office Depot has the Brother® HL-2270DW on sale this week for $99.99. For the extra $30 you get WiFi, Ethernet, 32 megabytes of memory vs. 8, and duplex printing. It's also a little faster.

The 2270DW (the wireless version of this printer) is often onsale for about 80-ish at Amazon...see the price history here:
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Brother-HL-2270DW-Compact-Wireless-Ne...

Worth the extra 10-15 if you can wait for price to drop again on it

Update: I went home last night and tried out the steps listed above. I have the OP model 2240 bought via another fatwallet post

The steps above are close, this is what I ended up doing:
1.) Turn the printer off, open the toner panel
2.) Hold the `go' button while turning the printer on
3.) Release the `go' button once all lights stabilize**
4.) Press the `go' button 7 times
5.) Close cover

**stabilize - on my printer the lights were off initially then all came on. I held it for over 30 seconds hoping the lights would go out, but they did not. I'm not sure exactly how long you should hold the button during this step. My guess is that 15 seconds should suffice.

I then printed a test page and it was as good as the first test page I printed. It's a shame manufacturers are opting to go with counters in their hardware to determine the lifetime of the toner instead of allowing the consumer to decide by looking at the print quality.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014