• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Omega 8006 Juicer, Nutrition Center @ Macy's - $209.99
Compare at $299.99
Free Shipping!
Expires On: Feb 5, 2013 11:59pm

Price drops to $209.99 at checkout

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Macy's
Need a Macy's coupon that earns 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Last time people price matched it at Kohls and used their % off coupons. That portion is YMMV of course as some managers could not afford to give 30% additional discount.
This is the lowest that I've seen. I got mine from Amazon and it's really neat.

Quick observations:
It is built very well but even though I have used it limited times, the moving parts are not as tight fit as they used to be.
You'll probably not going to use it as much as you want to.
Dicing the veggies/fruits takes time
Mushy fruits can be problematic (Mango, bananas, kiwi etc) so you may not give the tropical taste to your veggie juice
For nut butter, roast the nuts first, then maybe add a little oil (peanut oil for peanutbutter, grapeseed oil for everything else as it's quite neutral in taste) so you don't destroy the machine
Nut butter takes a few times of rerunning the same material
Anything beyond drinkable can be consumed easier by adding half a lemon

In the last deals from Macy's I bought a total of 3 juicers. Basically bought once, exchanged it for another and then in parallel I bought a 3rd to try. ALL of them had the same issue which interestingly not many people talk about, the auger had scratches in all 3 of them.

Agreed, some of this plastic will go out with the pulp, but some will/might get in the juice and if you're drinking for health reasons and have kids it's a difficult decision. Other than that I really loved the juicer, it is the easiest to clean juicer I've ever had. But, unfortunately due to the auger scratch issue I returned all of them.

Can we get Amazon to PM?

Pretty decent deal. Outside of the crazy $135 deal for the Omega 8004 last year, $210 for one is about as good as you're going to get. Just make sure you know what you're buying it for and verify that it's good for doing it before you splurge. There's a huge difference between centrifugal juicing, masticating juicing (this blender), and blending. A juicer is not a juicer is not a juicer, although this is one of the best for what it specializes in...leafy greens and hard veggies.

I started with a juicer (Champion).. Then got a Vitamix.. Vitamix is far superior nutrition wise. Something you might want to consider.

I'm typing this as I'm drinking a kale smoothie.

OOS

Bizatch said:   I started with a juicer (Champion).. Then got a Vitamix.. Vitamix is far superior nutrition wise. Something you might want to consider.

yuck ! Just kidding.

Bizatch said:   I started with a juicer (Champion).. Then got a Vitamix.. Vitamix is far superior nutrition wise. Something you might want to consider.

Misinformation right here.

With a Blender you get the full nutrition of the fruit/veggie without the waste you get with a juicer, this much is true. But 1 cup of juice will have a hell of a lot more nutrition in it than 1 cup of blended stuff. Also, the fiber in a blended drink will make it much more filling than juice, so if your goal is to supercharge your body with nutrition (as is the goal in a juicing detox), it's just not the same. Use a blender if you want a meal replacement or smoothie. Use a juicer if you want a nutritional supplement.

I have a Blendtec blender and an Omega juicer. There's a lot of value in both products and they do completely different things with practically zero overlap...and with most of the tasks that they can both do, one CLEARLY beats out the other by a large margin. I also have a food processor which, again, is completely different and is used for completely different tasks.

For those interested, I was able to get the chat agent to give me the 8004 for the same price as the 8006 (same features/warranty, different color). If you don't care much about color and want the juicer (especially much sooner than those who got the 8006 on backorder)that's an option.

Bizatch said:   I'm typing this as I'm drinking a kale smoothie. This is exactly why I won't be buying this (or any) juicer.

RedCelicaGT said:   Bizatch said:   I'm typing this as I'm drinking a kale smoothie. This is exactly why I won't be buying this (or any) juicer.

Kale has a bit of a strong taste, but I could make you a smoothie loaded with spinach and you'd never even know it was there. Spinach is kinda great like that. It's basically flavorless unless it's cooked, so it's easy to cram into just about anything.

The 8006 was "out of stock" until the sale ended last night, now it's magically in stock again at the higher price. Pretty lame, Macys.

I emailed customer service stating that I could not buy because the item was OOS through the sale, but was magically in-stock the morning after the sale ended. They replied via email stating that they'd honor the $209.99 price and that I should call their phone number to place an order, but when I called in, the rep could not confirm the price in her computer's history, and would not honor the price. Can someone share their order number, receipt, etc., something I can use for them to look up and confirm this price?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014