• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.google.com/offers/?#details/db0a8a36771f7cd9/2AK7RI3...

• $100 restaurant.com Gift Card
• Movie tickets valid at 30,000 theaters nationwide
• Includes 3D & IMAX films
• Buy multiple & see all this season’s nominated films
• Read on for our top five reasons to buy
• FYI: May take 5-7 days before tickets & Gift Card are emailed to you

The Deal
Top 5 reasons why this offer gets two thumbs up:
5. Because sometimes the perfect Valentine’s Day plans are just that simple.
4. Discover the tastiest dining deals out there with your restaurant.com Gift Card.
3. You can use your movie tickets at more than 30,000 theaters nationwide.
2. Go big with IMAX, put on some 3D specs, or take in some cinema the traditional way.
1. Plus, you’ll also score a $10 Dinner and the Movies Gift Card for future use.

Redeem here:
www.dinnerandthemovies.com
Online redemption available

Restrictions:
Valid at more than 30,000 theaters and 18,000 restaurants nationwide. For a list of participating locations visit http://www.dm-rewards.com/#!rdc and search by zip code. Must use movie tickets by 3/20/13. restaurant.com Gift Card does not expire. Valid for any movie including IMAX, 3D, special engagements, and restricted showings, however if movie ticket price is more than $13, customer must pay the price difference. Must redeem online. restaurant.com Gift Card and movie tickets will be emailed to you after online redemption. Allow 5-7 business days for delivery via email. Redeem by 2/8/13 to receive by 2/14/13. Minimum spend requirements and other restrictions on the Restaurant-Specific Gift Certificates and online merchant websites vary and are subject to change.

Member Summary

Dining and Movie (22.74kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The deal details also mention a $10 Dinner and the Movies Gift Card... so it's moot in the event that you're satisfied w... (more)

idfubar (Feb. 04, 2013 @ 11:01p) |

Does anybody know if you can use the $100 restaurant.com coupon to buy 4 $25 coupons to different restaurants? I'm plann... (more)

lvlixter27 (Feb. 06, 2013 @ 1:03p) |

generally speaking, yes. they'll email you a coupon code which you add to your account to redeem for individual certific... (more)

djtitati (Feb. 06, 2013 @ 3:41p) |

NICE!! Thanks for posting OP!! e-b-a-t-e-s.com has 7.5 % CashBack for Google Offers. If you do not find this offer after you click through e-b-a-t-e-s.com, paste the direct link
( https://www.google.com/offers/ppo/SELF/2AK7RI3T3H92RYGX?qty=1 )
over the link opened by e-b-a-t-e-s.com

what sucks is the $100 gift certificate to use it must spend $200! bah...

This is about retail because restaurant.com frequently has 80-90% off sales.

resturant.com sucks in my area. All these offer sites seem to be getting more and more useless.

breinig said:   resturant.com sucks in my area. All these offer sites seem to be getting more and more useless.

restaurant.com sucks period. stay away, they've gone WAAAAY downhill IMO.

Thanks for pointing this $200 minimum requirement, can you please provide the link where you read this?

camar0 said:   what sucks is the $100 gift certificate to use it must spend $200! bah...

I do not see anything where it says you have to spend $200 to use the $100 gift certificate. Please confirm where this is listed.

I have been using restaurant.com; it is more like discount that u have to spend certain amount to get discount. Good use for high end or expensive restaurant and they charge 18% tips to your bill by default.

When they are on sale, i pay $4 for $25 cert.

lennyboy said:   Thanks for pointing this $200 minimum requirement, can you please provide the link where you read this?
Check out their website, all the $100 GCs require a $200 purchase and most will also require 18% tip on the before certificate price. Now to be fair you can typically use a restaurant.com GC to purchase multiple smaller ones (but I'm not saying that is the case here per se). The $25 GCs sometimes have a $35-40 min purchase (though many times its also $50) so you can bring down your overall purchase requirement a little. Still like others have mentioned you can usutally get restaurant.com GCs for 80-90% off and you can usually get a pair of movies tickets for $16 or less (from a variety of movie GC sources) so $35 for this deal is not really hot at all.

MISTERCHEAP said:   breinig said:   resturant.com sucks in my area. All these offer sites seem to be getting more and more useless.

I have to agree. My experiences with resturant.com has been below expectations. I bought one certificate and the place listed would not take it. I called corp and they wanted to replace the certificate with another restaurant. I ended up spending money at a place I normally would NOT frequent and top of that I paid full price. Damn you resturant.com for making me break a coveted FW commandment.

MISTERCHEAP said:   breinig said:   resturant.com sucks in my area. All these offer sites seem to be getting more and more useless.

I have to agree. My experiences with resturant.com has been below expectations. I bought one certificate and the place listed would not take it. I called corp and they wanted to replace the certificate with another restaurant. I ended up spending money at a place I normally would NOT frequent and top of that I paid full price. Damn you resturant.com for making me break a coveted FW commandment.

also beware that many restaurants will modify their terms for the certificates to exclude valentine's day. check before you buy!

archena said:   camar0 said:   what sucks is the $100 gift certificate to use it must spend $200! bah...

I do not see anything where it says you have to spend $200 to use the $100 gift certificate. Please confirm where this is listed.

archena,

this is accurate, this has always been there business model. It was ok back in the "good old days" when there were decent restaurants to choose from and their policies were easier on use/getting credit, etc.

Now the restaurants are junk, the spending requirements are stricter or less appealing than ever at many establishments and rest.com plays games with their mirror site theidealmeal.com forcing you to redeem "credits" such as GC's there and often, the offerings are not as good as their main rest.com site.

STAY AWAY!!!

MISTERCHEAP said:   archena said:   camar0 said:   what sucks is the $100 gift certificate to use it must spend $200! bah...

archena,

this is accurate, this has always been there business model. It was ok back in the "good old days" when there were decent restaurants to choose from and their policies were easier on use/getting credit, etc.

Now the restaurants are junk, the spending requirements are stricter or less appealing than ever at many establishments and rest.com plays games with their mirror site theidealmeal.com forcing you to redeem "credits" such as GC's there and often, the offerings are not as good as their main rest.com site.

STAY AWAY!!!

be sure to read this thread before spending 5cents at rest.com!! http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=24&thre...

I concur with camar0. Once you get the $100 restaurant.com voucher (which is not worth more than $12 in my opinion), you would see the fine print of a minimum spending when you pick a specific restaurant in your area. And many times, the voucher value counts only towards food and not towards drinks, although that can be a ymmv, i've had mixed experience with it. I gave up on them a while ago but what i generally found is:
$25: min spend $35
$50: min spend $50
$100: min spend $200

There would be some exceptions . E.g $10 would have no minimums

Also 18% gratuity would be added to your bill, so a $25 gc just covers your tips and taxes

oh ok well I have never used the restaurant.com offers ever so was not aware of this or else would not even have posted this here.

if you want to give restaurant.com a whirl, about once each year they offer 90% off all certificates. that day (believe me, it'll be posted on FW), you can by a $100 e-certificate for $4.00. The only caveat is that, as mentioned above, there's a bit of a bait-and-switch, as most of the really awesome restaurants don't take these e-certificates.

if you're an applebees and chilis kind of diner, stay away from restaurant.com. if you don't mind exploring some locally owned places that could be amazing or mediocre, restaurant.com CAN be worth your time. i've gotten amazing deals with them, and i've gotten burned. the only universal theme: i always end up spending more than i normally would. Example? wife and i would normally go out to eat: 2 entrees and waters ~ $25 with tip. With a certificate, we get to enjoy some beers, appetizers, and/or desserts, but we walk out the door having spent $28-40, depending on gratuity. These coupons are a great way to enjoy a splurge meal - if you know you're going to have 3-4 beers (and alcohol isn't excluded in the terms).

restaurant.com deals are painful. This is very true to deals with a $100 budget, overall there are easier ways to get the same or better value

This is actually not a bad deal; 3-D IMAX (Bay Area, CA) runs ~$20 for adults (~$15 for kids/seniors) and 3-D & IMAX is anywhere from $12-$16 (depending on if you're in the city or in the 'burbs) so you're basically getting the restaurant.com certificate for free...

PS: My comments regarding restaurant.com are in another thread (which, incidentally, offers a good seasonal deal):

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1239736/

Basically djtitati has the right idea; the one additional thing to consider is $10 certificates (which work out to be a good value and allow for sampling of new places that don't offer Groupons or other coupons... given participating restaurants in your area)...

idfubar said:   This is actually not a bad deal; 3-D IMAX (Bay Area, CA) runs ~$20 for adults (~$15 for kids/seniors) and 3-D & IMAX is anywhere from $12-$16 (depending on if you're in the city or in the 'burbs) so you're basically getting the restaurant.com certificate for free....
fine print says they only pay up to $13 of ticket

arribasn, I believe the restaurant eats the rest of the cost. Consider it advertising costs. I've never had trouble with my vouchers.+

arribasn said:   idfubar said:   This is actually not a bad deal; 3-D IMAX (Bay Area, CA) runs ~$20 for adults (~$15 for kids/seniors) and 3-D & IMAX is anywhere from $12-$16 (depending on if you're in the city or in the 'burbs) so you're basically getting the restaurant.com certificate for free....
fine print says they only pay up to $13 of ticket

The deal details also mention a $10 Dinner and the Movies Gift Card... so it's moot in the event that you're satisfied with the purchase (good catch on the fine print though)...

Gnomie: you have used the merchant's products/services before? Did you have to redeem the certificate at the theatre or did you use online ticketing of some sort?

Does anybody know if you can use the $100 restaurant.com coupon to buy 4 $25 coupons to different restaurants? I'm planning on going on a vacation and having a discount at 4 restaurants might be worth it to me.

lvlixter27 said:   Does anybody know if you can use the $100 restaurant.com coupon to buy 4 $25 coupons to different restaurants? I'm planning on going on a vacation and having a discount at 4 restaurants might be worth it to me.

generally speaking, yes. they'll email you a coupon code which you add to your account to redeem for individual certificates. you COULD get 10 $10 certificates too if you so desired.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014