• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Battery Bounty
Disclaimer
Return a Used Battery to Any Advance Auto Parts Location and Receive a $5 Giftcard.
Works with automobile & light truck batteries, even without monetary incentive recycling these is definitely the right thing to do.

Advance Auto Battery Bounty Sweepstakes
No purchase necessary.
Limit two entries per person regardless of entry method.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/batterybounty

Advance Auto Parts
See Advance Auto Parts promo codes that earn 5.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

advance auto parts
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
You can get more at a scrap yard. A regular lead acid car battery has about $20 of lead in it.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You can get more at a scrap yard. A regular lead acid car battery has about $20 of lead in it.

scrouds said:   You can get more at a scrap yard. A regular lead acid car battery has about $20 of lead in it.

do you have to go to a special scrap yard that specifically handles batteries or any old scrap yard will do?

We'ew close to 2 Interstate battery store. 1 gives $5 the other $.28# will adds up alot faster.

$21.50 from scrapee no thanks pass.

scrouds said:   You can get more at a scrap yard. A regular lead acid car battery has about $20 of lead in it.But is a scrap yard going to have giftcards? To me it's a huge value addition to be able to "play Gambit" with the plastic cards before I actually trade them in for goods. Cash is so overrated.

No, really though that's something I always wanted to research but I've never had a dead battery that I wasn't replacing with a new so I always swap to bypass the core charge. Next time I'll hold onto my dead battery and pop in to a scrap yard and see what they're offering.

There are people offering $10 to buy them on craigslist and they pick them up even.Scrap yards will pay $17+ depending on the size of the battery.

15 cents a pound at the local scrapyard. prob not worth the drive.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014