• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Great price for this product.

link

rebate

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nuance Paperport 14 (121.79kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary

For those that want to print coupons to PDF... This is the program.

JaxFL said:   For those that want to print coupons to PDF... This is the program.

For those who want to print coupons to PDF for free, use CutePDF. Use PaperPort with your multifunction Printer or scanner to scan to PDF, make searchable and store on Evernote. Clean-up and edit scans. Align crocked documents, remove specs, etc

Was hooked on PaperPort9 way back when, but got unhooked for some reason - I think I switched over to the HP doc management because my new HP printer didn't work well with PaperPort. Big mistake, and have missed PaperPort since then. Looking forward to switching back. Thanks OP for posting this!

Check out the reviews on Amazon ... mostly 1 star. Apparently the program has gotten extremely slow in version 14, so slow, it is unusable. Also, there is almost no support. What support you get is only via email and is unhelpful.

That's too bad because it used to be a good product.

Link doesn't work. Why?

epete said:   JaxFL said:   For those that want to print coupons to PDF... This is the program.

For those who want to print coupons to PDF for free, use CutePDF. Use PaperPort with your multifunction Printer or scanner to scan to PDF, make searchable and store on Evernote. Clean-up and edit scans. Align crocked documents, remove specs, etc

So CutePDF has a Printer Driver and can be the default printer?

The shipping cost KILLS the $20 deal:
Ground (2 to 6 days) [$7.29]
Second Day (2 days) [$9.16]
Next Day [$14.87]

Shipping for me showed econo at $3.69 (scroll up) even with a SSD added. I hesitated to buy until reading a few posts and am glad I did. My latest was PaperPort 11 and it works fine with my W7 machine.

i needed something that works with windows 8( which i HATE, btw).

We used paperport extensively versions 9,11,12,14.
It has gotten worse and worse - slower, buggier, more crash prone with each release. We were very happy with 9 and 11. Very unhappy with 12 and 14. Stay far away.
I searched for along time for a solution that was similar to paperport, because we were used to the workflow. I don't quite remember how we came across it, but the best solution I've found so far is called FileCenter, by Lucion. It is much more powerful, faster, and better support. I bought their Pro version, but standard may be enough for you.

Be advised that Filecenter may be a bit more expensive than paperport (not more than the MSRP, but paperport can often be found on sale...). I believe it is $49 for the standard and $199 for pro.

ETA: http://lucion.com/filecenter-overview.html

arbitman said:   We used paperport extensively versions 9,11,12,14.
It has gotten worse and worse - slower, buggier, more crash prone with each release. We were very happy with 9 and 11. Very unhappy with 12 and 14. Stay far away.
I searched for along time for a solution that was similar to paperport, because we were used to the workflow. I don't quite remember how we came across it, but the best solution I've found so far is called FileCenter, by Lucion. It is much more powerful, faster, and better support. I bought their Pro version, but standard may be enough for you.

Be advised that Filecenter may be a bit more expensive than paperport (not more than the MSRP, but paperport can often be found on sale...). I believe it is $49 for the standard and $199 for pro.

ETA: http://lucion.com/filecenter-overview.html

Very good information. I've heard this from a number of sources. I still use version 9 that came with my antique Brother MFC-I'd upgrade to the full commercial version but for the numerous reviews I've read like this. I hate it when good software is ruined by "upgrades."

Me too I had 8 and currently have 9 both are OK.
Also bought 12. 12 really sucks. It crashes and not as friendly and very slow. I believe their product is going south now.

A free version of Paperport is included with many printers. Look on the installation disk, copy the Paperport file and install where/often as you like. It is slimmed down vs the paid version but still very useful for the average home user. I quit using the paid versions because of the difficulty in moving the program to a new computer with their restrictions. I currently use Brothers printers.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014