• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
yacheapbastard said:   Whats the actual time you can get thru this..is it really 8 hours???

I would say it was at least 7 hours.

Done! Finished this morning (nothing else to do at 5am) I believe it took less than 7 hours Requirement is 320 minutes total.

It is geared towards older drivers and dealing with the issues that happen as you get older. Lots of "dry" material. Some good points .. . No problem with the voice recognition. Hey for 5 bucks and an insurance discount, why would any one complain? Now if you paid full price . . .

Oh one point do not use their link for coming back to the course.(do it manually by selecting bookmark when on log-in page) It installed an ARRP tool bar on the side of my screen. Thanks OP, waiting for my certificate.

MISTERCHEAP said:   billrubin said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   MrWizzard said:   In PA State Farm offers 5% discount for 4 years. Not terrible. Probably worth the time. What else am I going to do in this lousy weather?What is the minimum age to qualify for the discount?

That's not what the GEICO site says. They claim it's 50.

in PA it's 55 Bill. State DMV law, insurance companies follow their lead.

I'm in PA and my Erie agent told me that for the discount, both my wife and I have to be at least 55.

Hmm. I posted last night the voice authentication thing didn't work for me (almost 3 hours into the course).
Was it just me or did anyone else have this problem?

Anyway, to those doing this I'd suggest using a landline phone if you have one.

Thanks op.
Taking course on my ipad using photon flash browser app.

That pounding white noise music while reading must be a hit with those seniors.

My Farmers Insurance agent said they will not honor this in Texas.

BigBigTex said:   My Farmers Insurance agent said they will not honor this in Texas.

My Farmers Insurance agent (Oregon) said I'd get a whopping $1/month discount if I did the course. I already did it a couple of years ago just because I thought it would be useful, but I would not do it again for a measly $12/year (and only net $7 savings for the first year after the cost of the course).

yourpal said:   My time is worth more than $2/hour. The discount only lasts for three years. Then you have to retake the course. The savings is $12/year per my insurance company. So $36 savings minus $20 up front equals $16. It's $2/hr when you divide by 8 hours to take the course.

Sleeping must put you in debt beyond your wildest dreams, huh? The money you waste while sleeping nightly..

Here is some helpful info. It was mentioned at another site that someone had some problems while taking the course in IE. When they called the help number, they were told not to use IE but they were recommending people to use Chrome.

dforest said:   Hmm. I posted last night the voice authentication thing didn't work for me (almost 3 hours into the course).
Was it just me or did anyone else have this problem?

Anyway, to those doing this I'd suggest using a landline phone if you have one.

I didn't have to do any voice authentication - maybe it's just your state requiring that.

Farmers in California will give 10% off the premium for the car the driver is rated on but eligible age is 55.

Thanks OP. Finished this morning. I did this about 4 or 5 years ago and forgot about it. Back then it was about $60/yr discount. I had noticed a rise in premiums over the last year or so. I do not remember the 3 year limit before. I just set a 3 year reminder in google calendar to send me a reminder email.

thank you for share

related: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/04/your-money/want-better-car-ins...

might as well call your insurance company and inquire, perhaps they do have a better rate and they're just not saying.

wwinters said:   Just spoke to AAA here in California and it's a 1.? discount but 55 and over only

So is that 1.? = 1%

If so its not work doing for my AAA account .

The course takes forever to complete. Depending on the discount you get, it may not be worth your time.

My partner and i are taking at same time-one in chrome and one in explorer...16 hours down to 8 hours...

frogface said:   My partner and i are taking at same time-one in chrome and one in explorer...16 hours down to 8 hours...

Which one is the fastest?

No go for me in CA as well. I'm with Ameriprise.

Neither is fastest...

Neither is fastest...

Some State of Illinois muckety-muck must have a relative that offers a classroom course. They want to make sure the money gets funneled to them, so it can come back to the muckety-muck! The Illinois vicious circle!!!!!

Finished course on Friday. Got my certificate today by first-class mail. Now I am ready to get my big discounts from the insurance company.

Finished the online course for wife and I last week. Submitted a copy of the certificates couple days ago to insurance and got our policies revised today. About $80 saved a year at current rates for 3 years so not bad for a $10 investment and some personal time.

AAA..Bay Area California..emailed AAA to inquire about getting a discount upon completion of the AARP driver safety course. Response was "Yes, we do extend a discount of up to five percent for a period of three years for the individual who has completed the AARP driver safety course"

you go to the site and it is filled with text and advertising no where does it say: Start the course by clicking HERE>

belgique said:   you go to the site and it is filled with text and advertising no where does it say: Start the course by clicking HERE>

New Users Register Here

light and mask
Disclaimer
billrubin said:   In honor of Black History Month (I don't see the connection)...

Problem solved:
Garrett Augustus Morgan invented the modern traffic signal.

And the gas mask it seems.

Just to make sure, I'm 25 y/o in NY state. Can I use this for insurance discount? Thanks!

Im in NYS with Geico and they gave me a nice discount, about $68. per 6 months.

BTW-What do i have to do to give green?

Don't know how I was not aware of this before. For $5.00 and an eight hour course, State Farm said I will get 5% off my total premium. For me that means $75 a year. Car insurance keeps going up, so this helps.

Bloake - I believe this is only for older people. That's what my insurance esurance told me.

My farmers agent in Ca said 10% per year discount for each of us. Thats $150/year for three years for total of $450!. Well worth 8 hours. Thanks OP!

Dilbertic said:   CA Travelers Ins, is 55+ and 20.00 per person for 3 year discount

Dil

California Wawanesa $20 per year for 3 years if you are 55 and over

bones774 said:   Im in NYS with Geico and they gave me a nice discount, about $68. per 6 months.

BTW-What do i have to do to give green?
First, you take a stamped envelope and write my name and address on it. Then take some dollar bills, preferably the $100 variety. Next....

On the top-right corner of each comment box, you will see 3 radio-buttons. Red, Neutral, and Green. Click on the Green, or the Red, as you feel appropriate. Click on the Neutral if you change your mind.

IMHO, it is good practice to give green to each and every post that is helpful to you. Certainly better than posting "thanks".

21st insurance in FL. Discounts for 55+ only.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.