• Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
2 Malls have it in 14225, Go Bills!!

Thanks for clarifying this is for a 3D TV. I have no interest in 3D, so I must have missed that. Good deal for those that want 3D.

Not available in the SF Bay Area.

tcutty said:   chadgainor said:   
The new 60" 3D Vizio LED is $899, is it not?

For $899 I don't see a 3D Vizio only 2d. Any links?

It looks like the set in question is $999, but still, looks pretty nice..

http://store.vizio.com/led-lcd-hdtvs/e601ia3.html

slickdeal45 said:   Comparing this to Vizio is like comparing a Chevy to a BMW. Not quite the same class of product.

But we're talking about a $1,000 television, not a $60,000 automobile.
And television technology has reached the point that your eyes can no longer tell the difference.
And the Vizio is new, the Samsung is 2 years old.
And Vizio is an American company, supports American jobs.
And it's more like comparing a 2013 Tesla Model S to a 2011 BMW 528XI - both are nice cars,
But one is more efficient,
And has newer technology,
And is made by an American company, supports American jobs.

Ya know?

Wow. Hey, if you think a low-end Vizio is comparable with a higher end Samsung, you obviously are speaking beyond your level of knowledge.

To some folks, TVs are about just two things: inches and price. If that's how you measure the value of it, then good for you.

Had in my cart . . . found Consumer R____ review that is negative on 3d quality of this set. Noticed Samsung pn60e550 rated as second best in group. It is plasma but can be had with 2 pairs of glasses and a free 3d samsung dvd player for $1297.00. Better on motion blur. Better on sound quality. Better on viewing angle. I think Samsung Tvs are the best . . . though this one is out of my cart now and the Samsung pn60e550 is in.

slickdeal45 said:   Wow. Hey, if you think a low-end Vizio is comparable with a higher end Samsung, you obviously are speaking beyond your level of knowledge.

To some folks, TVs are about just two things: inches and price. If that's how you measure the value of it, then good for you.

I'm not exactly what you would call a videophile,
But the technology has reached the point that there is no difference between competing technologies.
Television was revolutionary when created, then "whoa, it's in color,"
And wood became plastic
And the convex screen was made flat
And there was 480i
And there was 720P
And the Plasma came along and television sets got smaller
And there was 1080i
And the LCD came along and the television consumed less energy
And there was 1080P
And the LED came along and television sets got smaller
And they consumed less energy
And they were brighter
With higher pixel-density
And better contrast levels
And higher refresh rates
And then 3D
And there was smart functionality and WiFi

And there is absolutely no difference between these two televisions.
Besides the fact buying one creates jobs in a foreign economy.
And you complain about broken economics, but are unwilling to make the adjustments required to fix them.

Ya know?

chadgainor said:   slickdeal45 said:   Wow. Hey, if you think a low-end Vizio is comparable with a higher end Samsung, you obviously are speaking beyond your level of knowledge.

But the technology has reached the point that there is no difference between competing technologies....
Ya know?

Having just returned from CES 3 weeks ago I can say without a doubt if you actually believe "technology has reached the point that there is no difference between competing technologies" then the next 3 years are going hit you like a ton of bricks.

cnIsfg said:   chadgainor said:   slickdeal45 said:   Wow. Hey, if you think a low-end Vizio is comparable with a higher end Samsung, you obviously are speaking beyond your level of knowledge.

But the technology has reached the point that there is no difference between competing technologies....
Ya know?

Having just returned from CES 3 weeks ago I can say without a doubt if you actually believe "technology has reached the point that there is no difference between competing technologies" then the next 3 years are going hit you like a ton of bricks.

There's 4k coming up.. That's pretty cool (if your screen is >60", or you're more than 10' away from the television) - I'm involved in a theatre fundraising group raising money for a 4k 3D laser projector, and I'm looking forward to seeing it in action, but 1080P already looks perfect.

At this point, I'll only be impressed if you manage to beam wireless video directly into my optic nerves.
And I don't want that, sounds dangerous.

chadgainor said:   slickdeal45 said:   Wow. Hey, if you think a low-end Vizio is comparable with a higher end Samsung, you obviously are speaking beyond your level of knowledge.

But the technology has reached the point that there is no difference between competing technologies.
And wood became plastic
And there was 480i
And there was 720P
And there was 1080i
And there was 1080P
And they were brighter
And higher refresh rates
And then 3D

And you complain about broken economics, but are unwilling to make the adjustments required to fix them.

Ya know?

the fact that you think vizio tvs are made in the usa already shows that you know nothing about the economy. their tvs are still made in china and mexico...
yes its an american company so the front office is here...but the "actual" jobs you speak of...those are still not here. so paying for management here or overseas...pretty much the same thing. and then in your list you have pixel density...pixel density hasnt changed for quite some time, only recently with their 4k tvs which only just hit the market. just because you see ppi in all the new phones and tablets doesnt really pertain to tvs...
and the fact that plasma tvs have always had a 600mhz refresh rate which is still higher then any led tv...
and just so im saying something about the op, oos in the space and treasure coast

At some point the TV is only as good as my vision, which deteriorates by the year

ocellaris83 said:   chadgainor said:   slickdeal45 said:   Wow. Hey, if you think a low-end Vizio is comparable with a higher end Samsung, you obviously are speaking beyond your level of knowledge.

And wood became plastic
And there was 480i
And there was 720P
And there was 1080i
And there was 1080P
And they were brighter
And higher refresh rates
And then 3D

Ya know?

the fact that you think vizio tvs are made in the usa already shows that you know nothing about the economy. their tvs are still made in china and mexico...
yes its an american company so the front office is here...but the "actual" jobs you speak of...those are still not here. so paying for management here or overseas...pretty much the same thing. and then in your list you have pixel density...pixel density hasnt changed for quite some time, only recently with their 4k tvs which only just hit the market. just because you see ppi in all the new phones and tablets doesnt really pertain to tvs...
and the fact that plasma tvs have always had a 600mhz refresh rate which is still higher then any led tv...
and just so im saying something about the op, oos in the space and treasure coast

10% of Vizio's employees are in our economy, 100% of Samsung's employees are in Chinas.
Maybe if you bought more Vizio televisions than Samsung televisions, Vizio would on-shore its manufacturing.
You're right about PPI, kind of. Higher PPI screens are getting bigger, cheaper to produce.
600MHz is overkill, I don't remember the refresh rate of the human eye, but it isn't 600MHz.
Do sports and action movies look better on 600MHz than 120MHz? Yes, but if 120MHz looks perfect, what's the point?

Wow. Just wow. Such a stunning and eager display of ignorance. Simply amazing.

slickdeal45 said:   Wow. Just wow. Such a stunning and eager display of ignorance. Simply amazing.

You spelled omniscience wrong.

Challenge me?
This is all pretty basic.

chadgainor said:   slickdeal45 said:   Wow. Just wow. Such a stunning and eager display of ignorance. Simply amazing.

How?
Question my knowledge on the subject, this is what you get.

Challenge me?

You're so far off the path that I'm not sure we speak the same language. Talking about technology or economics with you would be like talking about football with my wife--you've got such a low level of knowledge that we'd have to spend hours just working on defining terminology, let alone fixing your facts. Without those two, it's impossible to actually have an informed opinion.

Good luck finding someone willing to take the time to teach you.

slickdeal45 said:   chadgainor said:   slickdeal45 said:   Wow. Just wow. Such a stunning and eager display of ignorance. Simply amazing.

How?
Question my knowledge on the subject, this is what you get.

Challenge me?

You're so far off the path that I'm not sure we speak the same language. Talking about technology or economics with you would be like talking about football with my wife--you've got such a low level of knowledge that we'd have to spend hours just working on defining terminology, let alone fixing your facts. Without those two, it's impossible to actually have an informed opinion.

Good luck finding someone willing to take the time to teach you.

Could you tell me what I'm wrong about, so I can correct the information I have?

I think that was deflection.
Deflection or trolling.

First off, Samsung is a South Korean company, not Chinese. Samsung has also built a semiconductor plant in Austin that has pumped over $9 billion into the city's economy and has over 2,000 employees there.

As of June 2012, Vizio had just over 400 total employees in US.

anonguy said:   First off, Samsung is a South Korean company, not Chinese. Samsung has also built a semiconductor plant in Austin that has pumped over $9 billion into the city's economy and has over 2,000 employees there.

Cool!

I didn't know that.

Vizio is just a baby.
But it's an American baby.
I support American companies.

Anyone get an order in?

Surprise! The brand is my favorite.

boboq said:   Surprise! The brand is my favorite.
I don't really play favorites.

Windows PC, Mac laptop.

Computer computes, television televises.

Sorry to take everyone BACK on topic again... but these are available in the Cincinnati Ohio area! Not sure if I want one, but with the additional SYW rewards points it's another $10 off! I've got about 50K points to use from my recent tire purchase at Sears so I just might...

I'd also like to add that in this price range, it appears that this particular set has the smallest bezel and is very attractive looking (although I suppose that is a subjective assessment) and it appears that this model number is a smart tv as well as 3D. http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN60D6400UFXZA

The 70" Vizio for around $1,500 is torch hot but this for $999 is great as well. Not everyone can fit a 70" TV in their home or even a 60", so it's all about need. Prices are coming down, so enjoy.

Can someone who knows more than me tell me if I care that this is edge lit and not full array? Looking for a high quality 60 inch led but I'm questioning whether this would be considered a "higher end" tv or not...

Where in Cincinnati... I've searched a lot of places and cannot find them in stock?

Available at:

COUNTRY CLUB MALL

1262 VOCKE RD CUMBERLAND, MD 21502

OAKLAND - AUTH HOMETOWN

89 PLEASANT HILL DR OAKLAND, MD 21550

Bedford, Pa.

WESTFIELD SHOPPING TOWN

1040 ANNAPOLIS MALL ANNAPOLIS, MD 21401

THE MALL AT Columbia

10300 LITTLE PATUXENT PKWY Columbia, MD 21044

WHITE OAK S/C

11255 NEW HAMPSHIRE AVE SILVER SPRING, MD 20904

SEVEN CORNERS

6211 LEESBURG PIKE FALLS CHURCH, VA 22044

Correct. I even called and had a CSR help and "no luck".

Same as many other...can ADD to cart but shows out of stock at processing.

None in Southwest FL (34109), but I did look in the area where my family lives in the Northeast TN region and there is stock showing up in Wise, VA (Zip 37604).

Available at the Temecula, CA store in so. cal. zip: 92591 for ship to store 7-9 days

Nice, Happy that it is out of stock. would have picked one and been figuring out where to put it in addition to the fight with the spouse..

spikemansd said:   Available at the Temecula, CA store in so. cal. zip: 92591 for ship to store 7-9 days

Doesn't really mean it's in stock...need to go pass the final checkout (enter CC & hit confirm). THEN it'll tell you it's out of stock.

UKanBelieve said:   Where in Cincinnati... I've searched a lot of places and cannot find them in stock?
Was at Tri-County when I ordered. Looks like they are shipping to store at several locations in 5-7 days. Last night it was available immediately, now it states to be shipped but like others, if you add to the cart, it will say unavailable unless there is stock on-hand at the store. Shoulda, woulda, coulda...

Oh well, I dont need another TV!

Relaxing said:   None in Southwest FL (34109), but I did look in the area where my family lives in the Northeast TN region and there is stock showing up in Wise, VA (Zip 37604).

Are you in Naples??

Was considering this until I realized that it uses active glasses. If you are interested in using this for 3D, I would hold off and get something with passive glasses.

dennisfuller said:   Was considering this until I realized that it uses active glasses. If you are interested in using this for 3D, I would hold off and get something with passive glasses.
You mean you don't want to look cool and pretend you are wearing navy seal night vision goggles?? lol

Has anyone got one of these yet.....

polishdreamer said:   2 Malls have it in 14225, Go Bills!!

Bills still suck whether it be 2D or 3D. Just kidding Im from up there and have to be a fan.

blueis300 said:   polishdreamer said:   2 Malls have it in 14225, Go Bills!!

Bills still suck whether it be 2D or 3D. Just kidding Im from up there and have to be a fan.

LOL, true enough.

In for 1, but it doesn't come with glasses. Can I just buy some OEM 3D glasses or I need to buy Samsung ones?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014