• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
I was able to order this TV and I have the order number but I haven't received email confirmation. Virginia

you actually order one via online? better get samsung active glasses
eruisi said:   In for 1, but it doesn't come with glasses. Can I just buy some OEM 3D glasses or I need to buy Samsung ones?

I did order one and received a order confirmation however, shortly after the order showed cancelled. :}

Dotbody said:   Denver $999.

But what makes this such a good deal? $1000 is the going price for many different brands of 60" TVs at Walmart.com. What's the difference, besides the over-inflated retail price?

A TV isn't always just the screen, it's all the other goodies you get. For example, I have an older Panasonic plasma of the 77 series that has analog audio output converted via Dolby from the digital inputs (HDMI, ilink, etc.) I'm consequently able to send my TV's audio directly to a Bose Wave and use it for my stereo sound - even though the TV's speakers are in fact quite good. The newer equivalent Panasonic plasmas did away with the internal conversion and hooking it up to an older Carver preamp required the purchase of a Dolby converter for $100 (which I'm happy to say has lasted two years now). The newer TV's speakers suck as well.

Sometimes it's better to get the beefier older TVs - they're just built better - less reduction in production costs / profit maximization.

Sirfunsun said:   Not available in the SF Bay Area.

So sad !

Pulled the trigger in 96819.

Mine shows on truck for delivery. Ordered yesterday Denver area.

arkshop said:   I was able to order this TV and I have the order number but I haven't received email confirmation. Virginia
Zip code?

Delivered!!!! I checked the sticker on the box and it showed shipped from Samsung to Denver, so it must have been NOS sitting there for some time. The top of the box was dusty!

ubercray said:   Delivered!!!! I checked the sticker on the box and it showed shipped from Samsung to Denver, so it must have been NOS sitting there for some time. The top of the box was dusty!
You got one, great. My gf also ordered one for pickup however, so far have only received a order confirmation.

ubercray said:   Delivered!!!! I checked the sticker on the box and it showed shipped from Samsung to Denver, so it must have been NOS sitting there for some time. The top of the box was dusty!

Lucky bastard #@#*!!! j/k good for you...at least some of us was able to get in on it.

Still hate the fact those Sears around mocks me by shows inventory but then OOS during checkout.

It's funny that so many people are thinking Samsung brand (for TV) is much better quality. I've heard too many people complaining their Samsung LCD went dead right after 1 year warranty, just like a magic..

For me the best insurance is extended warranty from respected stores like Costco. And ironically I may welcome lower quality.. If they can't fix a broken 2.5-year old TV, you'll see me waiting in Costco's return line, and yes, I'll get full refund and shop for next TV, which is supposed to be much cheaper if I still go after the same size.

I hope you don't abuse it.

chadgainor said:   anonguy said:   First off, Samsung is a South Korean company, not Chinese. Samsung has also built a semiconductor plant in Austin that has pumped over $9 billion into the city's economy and has over 2,000 employees there.

Cool!

I didn't know that.

Vizio is just a baby.
But it's an American baby.
I support American companies.

Why does that make a difference?
Vizio is mostly made in China so does Samsung.

Here's a question for you. Would you buy a GM made in Korea over a Hyundai made in USA?

Is the brand name more important than the actual substance?

chadgainor said:   ocellaris83 said:   chadgainor said:   slickdeal45 said:   Wow. Hey, if you think a low-end Vizio is comparable with a higher end Samsung, you obviously are speaking beyond your level of knowledge.

To some folks, TVs are about just two things: inches and price. If that's how you measure the value of it, then good for you.

I'm not exactly what you would call a videophile,
But the technology has reached the point that there is no difference between competing technologies.
Television was revolutionary when created, then "whoa, it's in color,"
And wood became plastic
And the convex screen was made flat
And there was 480i
And there was 720P
And the Plasma came along and television sets got smaller
And there was 1080i
And the LCD came along and the television consumed less energy
And there was 1080P
And the LED came along and television sets got smaller
And they consumed less energy
And they were brighter
With higher pixel-density
And better contrast levels
And higher refresh rates
And then 3D
And there was smart functionality and WiFi

And there is absolutely no difference between these two televisions.
Besides the fact buying one creates jobs in a foreign economy.
And you complain about broken economics, but are unwilling to make the adjustments required to fix them.

Ya know?

the fact that you think vizio tvs are made in the usa already shows that you know nothing about the economy. their tvs are still made in china and mexico...
yes its an american company so the front office is here...but the "actual" jobs you speak of...those are still not here. so paying for management here or overseas...pretty much the same thing. and then in your list you have pixel density...pixel density hasnt changed for quite some time, only recently with their 4k tvs which only just hit the market. just because you see ppi in all the new phones and tablets doesnt really pertain to tvs...
and the fact that plasma tvs have always had a 600mhz refresh rate which is still higher then any led tv...
and just so im saying something about the op, oos in the space and treasure coast

10% of Vizio's employees are in our economy, 100% of Samsung's employees are in Chinas.
Maybe if you bought more Vizio televisions than Samsung televisions, Vizio would on-shore its manufacturing.
You're right about PPI, kind of. Higher PPI screens are getting bigger, cheaper to produce.
600MHz is overkill, I don't remember the refresh rate of the human eye, but it isn't 600MHz.
Do sports and action movies look better on 600MHz than 120MHz? Yes, but if 120MHz looks perfect, what's the point?

Hahahaha!!

Higher PPI screens getting bigger??
Human eye refresh rate??

completing said:   chadgainor said:   anonguy said:   First off, Samsung is a South Korean company, not Chinese. Samsung has also built a semiconductor plant in Austin that has pumped over $9 billion into the city's economy and has over 2,000 employees there.

Cool!

I didn't know that.

Vizio is just a baby.
But it's an American baby.
I support American companies.

Why does that make a difference?
Vizio is mostly made in China so does Samsung.

Here's a question for you. Would you buy a GM made in Korea over a Hyundai made in USA?

Is the brand name more important than the actual substance?

I'd rather buy a Tesla, made in California.

completing said:   chadgainor said:   ocellaris83 said:   chadgainor said:   slickdeal45 said:   Wow. Hey, if you think a low-end Vizio is comparable with a higher end Samsung, you obviously are speaking beyond your level of knowledge.

To some folks, TVs are about just two things: inches and price. If that's how you measure the value of it, then good for you.

I'm not exactly what you would call a videophile,
But the technology has reached the point that there is no difference between competing technologies.
Television was revolutionary when created, then "whoa, it's in color,"
And wood became plastic
And the convex screen was made flat
And there was 480i
And there was 720P
And the Plasma came along and television sets got smaller
And there was 1080i
And the LCD came along and the television consumed less energy
And there was 1080P
And the LED came along and television sets got smaller
And they consumed less energy
And they were brighter
With higher pixel-density
And better contrast levels
And higher refresh rates
And then 3D
And there was smart functionality and WiFi

And there is absolutely no difference between these two televisions.
Besides the fact buying one creates jobs in a foreign economy.
And you complain about broken economics, but are unwilling to make the adjustments required to fix them.

Ya know?

the fact that you think vizio tvs are made in the usa already shows that you know nothing about the economy. their tvs are still made in china and mexico...
yes its an american company so the front office is here...but the "actual" jobs you speak of...those are still not here. so paying for management here or overseas...pretty much the same thing. and then in your list you have pixel density...pixel density hasnt changed for quite some time, only recently with their 4k tvs which only just hit the market. just because you see ppi in all the new phones and tablets doesnt really pertain to tvs...
and the fact that plasma tvs have always had a 600mhz refresh rate which is still higher then any led tv...
and just so im saying something about the op, oos in the space and treasure coast

10% of Vizio's employees are in our economy, 100% of Samsung's employees are in Chinas.
Maybe if you bought more Vizio televisions than Samsung televisions, Vizio would on-shore its manufacturing.
You're right about PPI, kind of. Higher PPI screens are getting bigger, cheaper to produce.
600MHz is overkill, I don't remember the refresh rate of the human eye, but it isn't 600MHz.
Do sports and action movies look better on 600MHz than 120MHz? Yes, but if 120MHz looks perfect, what's the point?

Hahahaha!!

Higher PPI screens getting bigger??
Human eye refresh rate??

Device makers are beginning to use higher PPI screens in larger devices, so, yes.
You know what I'm saying.
Your eyes/brain are perfectly content with 60FPS/120MHz.

It's a shame that your enthusiasm for the topic and knowledge of the topic are inversely proportional.

honestly the users who said no different between samsung and other brands are those who cannot get the deal. I can sense their sour taste in their words.
Anyway, anyone got the tv yet??

slickdeal45 said:   It's a shame that your enthusiasm for the topic and knowledge of the topic are inversely proportional.

slickdeal45 said:   It's a shame that your enthusiasm for the topic and knowledge of the topic are inversely proportional.

You're welcome to backup your claim with some data.

I understand your enthusiasm for this subject, and as a former enthusiast who has likely spent less time researching the subject, I respect your views, but you aren't presenting them.

You're deflecting; deflection is a defense mechanism.

I stopped paying attention to advances in video games when graphics looked like real life, and now that advances in display technology are on a level that my eyes can't even see them..

You understand, right?

God, I hope so.

$1000 for this TV is bananas.

I have the 64" plasma version.

Be prepared...
These TVs are RAZOR THIN.

If mounting on the wall, do it justice by going with the Samsung WMN2000C Ultra Slim Wall Mount for 58-Inch to 64-Inch TV (Black).

Anyone who got one mind sharing their thoughts/pics of the unit? my gf received a call from Sears stating the unit is ready for pickup.

chadgainor said:   slickdeal45 said:   It's a shame that your enthusiasm for the topic and knowledge of the topic are inversely proportional.

I understand your enthusiasm for this subject, and as a former enthusiast who has likely spent less time researching the subject, I respect your views, but you aren't presenting them.

I stopped paying attention to advances in video games when graphics looked like real life, and now that advances in display technology are on a level that my eyes can't even see them..

You understand, right?

God, I hope so.

You think video games look like real life? I totally get you now.

raybchowthegreat asked:
Thanks OP! Not sure if you just saved or wasted my money Does anyone who owns this TV have any opinions?
Yes, I have an opinion. I bought one a couple months back from Best Buy. The picture was lousy, in both HDTV and Standard definition. The menu was sadly lacking in options to allow me to adjust it better. Couldn't even turn off the terrible internal Samsung speakers! Sports were kind of choppy due to the slow response time. I returned it, bought an LG 60" plasma, and never looked back. Great display in HD and standard definition, reasonable speakers, has lots of menu choices. Love the Plasma. I can't understand the fuss about LED (LCD) HDTVs.

Scored one tonight! Hopefully I get the confirmation email in the morning!

slickdeal45 said:   chadgainor said:   slickdeal45 said:   It's a shame that your enthusiasm for the topic and knowledge of the topic are inversely proportional.

You understand, right?

God, I hope so.

Heavy Rain.
Call of Duty realistic enough to cause PTSD.
Grand Turismo looks like real cars.

Don't be a moron.

Edit: Gonna stop replying.
Do not feed the trolls.

In conclusion, good deal OP.

chadgainor said:   slickdeal45 said:   chadgainor said:   slickdeal45 said:   It's a shame that your enthusiasm for the topic and knowledge of the topic are inversely proportional.

You understand, right?

God, I hope so.

Heavy Rain.

Don't be a moron.

Do not feed the trolls.

Says the troll.
:Faceplam:

vsfoxe said:   raybchowthegreat asked:
Thanks OP! Not sure if you just saved or wasted my money Does anyone who owns this TV have any opinions?
Yes, I have an opinion. I bought one a couple months back from Best Buy. The picture was lousy, in both HDTV and Standard definition. The menu was sadly lacking in options to allow me to adjust it better. Couldn't even turn off the terrible internal Samsung speakers! Sports were kind of choppy due to the slow response time. I returned it, bought an LG 60" plasma, and never looked back. Great display in HD and standard definition, reasonable speakers, has lots of menu choices. Love the Plasma. I can't understand the fuss about LED (LCD) HDTVs.

LOL I seriously doubt you ever owned one of these UN60D6400s. First turning off the internal speakers is easy. The option to disable them is clearly marked right on the main sound menu. Then again if you actually had owned one you would know that. Plus there is a rear input you can use the internal speakers as front channel speakers with an external surround sound system. As for the PQ, your comments are ridiculous and only show your ignorance. This UN60D6400 like all D and E gen Samsung LEDs have finer picture adjustments than any other brand. If you canít get a superior image on these Samsung LEDs then you simply donít know what you are doing or you are sinmply not trying. Furthermore your comments comparing this Samsung LED to a POS $800 LG 60" plasma are laughable at best. IMO you have sour grapes for buying a far inferior LG product.

So i take it you owned an LG 60" plasma ?

Can someone confirm you can get shop your way, shop discover and FatWallet CashBack? For shop discover and fatwallet discounts, you have to go through their websites, how would you go through both websites at the same time? Shopyourway is Sears thing so that shouldn't be problem.

too bad it's not $497 like the del fiasco last year...

completing said:   chadgainor said:   slickdeal45 said:   chadgainor said:   slickdeal45 said:   It's a shame that your enthusiasm for the topic and knowledge of the topic are inversely proportional.

You understand, right?

God, I hope so.

Heavy Rain.

Don't be a moron.

Do not feed the trolls.

Says the troll.
:Faceplam:

Right...

Sears is using this trick to lure the customers to visit its websites and maybe stores as well. The website randomly shows some nearby store has this TV available in 5-xxdays and when you submit the order, it shows it's not available. Then the Online Chat person will chat with you and recommend you buy another TV.
itsme3112 said:   eternal10 said:   ktbst said:   In stock multiple locations in Maryland ..try 21043

Showing ship to store in 5-7 days but when checking out it says no longer available .same old sheet from Sears

Same here... Even the chat did not help

jiafanxu said:   Sears is using this trick to lure the customers to visit its websites and maybe stores as well. The website randomly shows some nearby store has this TV available in 5-xxdays and when you submit the order, it shows it's not available. Then the Online Chat person will chat with you and recommend you buy another TV.
itsme3112 said:   eternal10 said:   ktbst said:   In stock multiple locations in Maryland ..try 21043

Showing ship to store in 5-7 days but when checking out it says no longer available .same old sheet from Sears

Same here... Even the chat did not help

Then why are people getting the deal?

found them in the 46268 area code np

Is this edge lit or area lit? Can anyone comment on the blacks? For once a YMMV in stock in my area.

Unless you have actually tried to order one by entering your credit card and hitting buy don't keep saying you have found one in your area. They are listed all over Phoenix area but none work.

chadgainor said:   

The 600hz of plasmas has nothing to do with 120hz used on LCD's. In fact the 120hz and 240hz on LCD's don't even mean the same thing model to model.

And the main benefit of 120hz sets had nothing to do with the refreshing 120 times per second .. it had to do with eliminating 3:2 pulldown on 24P content. And even then again, not all sets were setup to get rid of it.

Also for the record the Vizio 47" I had outperformed nearly every Samsung in terms of contrast because it was an array lit LED set rather than an edgelit. Manufacturers stopped making array lit sets en masse because edgelit is thinner (marketing) and cheaper to produce by far.

Tried ordering this with various pickup locations (all showing stock within 5-7 days). All were OOS after inputting CC info and hitting submit.

steven2rojo said:   Anyone who got one mind sharing their thoughts/pics of the unit? my gf received a call from Sears stating the unit is ready for pickup.

Lots of pretty good reviews at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN60D6400-60-Inch-1080p-Black/dp/B...
And it is twice the price.

So - You can also use some of the places to buy gift cards: http://gift-card-exchange-review.toptenreviews.com/ at up to 10% off and get 10% off + any Sears coupons + FW/Ebates Cash Back, bringing it down below $900. Very good deal

GeorgiaBulldawg said:   steven2rojo said:   Anyone who got one mind sharing their thoughts/pics of the unit? my gf received a call from Sears stating the unit is ready for pickup.

Lots of pretty good reviews at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN60D6400-60-Inch-1080p-Black/dp/B...
And it is twice the price.

Thanks, after reading positive reviews we picked up this unit, quite happy. Thanks everyone we are very happy with the price and unit.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014