• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Precision on the Range, at the Ranch, on Patrol or in the Woods. For decades, Ruger® Mini-14® rifles and Mini Thirty® rifles have been the choice for applications ranging from the farm and ranch, to the deep woods, to personal defense. Their short barrels and overall short length make them favorites in any application where maneuverability and ease of handling are priorities. With a variety of configurations from the standard Ranch Rifle, to the extremely accurate Mini-14® Target Rifle, to the Tactical models with ATI folding stock or compact barrel with flash suppressor - there is a Mini-14 or Mini Thirty to meet any demand. Specifically designed for mounting today's scopes or other optical sighting systems, these rifles include a side ejection to clear the top mounted scope, and a patented recoil buffer which protects the scope from damage or shifting the point of impact as the semi-automatic action cycles.

Not too shabby in this day and time...

Member Summary

Ruger Mini 14 223 Ranch Rifle
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Before all the AR-15 loving/Mini-14 hating naysayers come in here, and trash talk it, let me say this. I've shot both, and I can state for a fact that if you can't hit something with the Mini-14, it might not be the rifle that's at fault.....it may be the person pulling the trigger! Personally, I can ring the gong at my local range, all day long, out at 330 yards, shooting cheap .223 or 5.56mm ammo.

However, seeing that price, I'm sure glad I bought mine, second-hand, 15 years ago!

I have both the Ruger Mini-14 & the Mini-30. Bought them years ago, love them, and would never get rid of them! Awesome guns!

Already OOS

MarvKaboom said:   Before all the AR-15 loving/Mini-14 hating naysayers come in here, and trash talk it, let me say this. I've shot both, and I can state for a fact that if you can't hit something with the Mini-14, it might not be the rifle that's at fault.....it may be the person pulling the trigger! Personally, I can ring the gong at my local range, all day long, out at 330 yards, shooting cheap .223 or 5.56mm ammo.

However, seeing that price, I'm sure glad I bought mine, second-hand, 15 years ago!
They are great guns, but when you say "Cheap" .223 you haven't been buying lately have ya!

I just got one "used" but never fired from a pawnshop for 500 and very happy. If only i could find a high cap mag for not a crazy price.

Kentucky7887 said:   I just got one "used" but never fired from a pawnshop for 500 and very happy. If only i could find a high cap mag for not a crazy price.

Try www.sportsmansguide.com 30s and 40s available.

jrmorrell said:   Kentucky7887 said:   I just got one "used" but never fired from a pawnshop for 500 and very happy. If only i could find a high cap mag for not a crazy price.

Try www.sportsmansguide.com 30s and 40s available.

Yes, they will be glad to backorder them for several months, cancel your backorder, and raise the price. Gotta love sportsmansguide!

legirons said:   MarvKaboom said:   Before all the AR-15 loving/Mini-14 hating naysayers come in here, and trash talk it, let me say this. I've shot both, and I can state for a fact that if you can't hit something with the Mini-14, it might not be the rifle that's at fault.....it may be the person pulling the trigger! Personally, I can ring the gong at my local range, all day long, out at 330 yards, shooting cheap .223 or 5.56mm ammo.

They are great guns, but when you say "Cheap" .223 you haven't been buying lately have ya!

LOL Well, in using the term "cheap", I meant more of the quality of the ammo. I.E.- steel cased Russian ammo, like Wolf, etc. Dang thing chews 'em up and spits 'em out all day long.

The best part? I bought mine, used, about 15 years ago, for $550. And it's the stainless steel model.

MarvKaboom said:   legirons said:   MarvKaboom said:   Before all the AR-15 loving/Mini-14 hating naysayers come in here, and trash talk it, let me say this. I've shot both, and I can state for a fact that if you can't hit something with the Mini-14, it might not be the rifle that's at fault.....it may be the person pulling the trigger! Personally, I can ring the gong at my local range, all day long, out at 330 yards, shooting cheap .223 or 5.56mm ammo.

LOL Well, in using the term "cheap", I meant more of the quality of the ammo. I.E.- steel cased Russian ammo, like Wolf, etc. Dang thing chews 'em up and spits 'em out all day long.

The best part? I bought mine, used, about 15 years ago, for $550. And it's the stainless steel model.
I had a stainless, liked it but liked a different weapon better so traded it. Got the bad end of the deal because I traded 10 Ruger 30rd mags in the mailer boxes along with it back during the last time they weren't legal. Darned mags were worth more than the rifle. I prefer the M4 weapons, easier for me to work on and from Army time I'm more used to their operation. The aftermarket stocks for these make them pretty handy little rifles. If I found a decent deal I'd jump on a used one. Kind of like buying an off lease car, gonna let someone else take the initial loss.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014