• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Kmart.com
See Kmart.com discounts that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

DieHard Battery Charger
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
According to the owner's manual here:

"Desulfation Mode
If the battery is left discharged for an extended period of time, ... (more)

larrymoencurly (Feb. 07, 2013 @ 5:27a) |

I've had one of these for about 2 years.. Works great at recharging and maintaining a deep cycle/marine battery which I ... (more)

Bizatch (Feb. 07, 2013 @ 7:09a) |

Didnt work for me. cart indicated $17.39 but final check out came to $29.49

brycew (Feb. 07, 2013 @ 9:25a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great price!

muskiemyke said:   cheaper yet online @ Sears.com

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02871219000P?sid=I00844...

cheaper yet online @ Sears.com ?

Price In Cart

Kmart $17.99

Sears $22.99

Was showing higher on the page, lower price didn't show until added to cart.

muskiemyke said:   Was showing higher on the page, lower price didn't show until added to cart.

I went all the way to check out at Sears

Merchandise Subtotal: $22.99

Pre-Tax Total $22.99
Sales Tax $1.84

Total $24.83

Price at Kmart $17.99

From your link on the Kmart page I saw
$29.99
Now $28.49 Savings applied in cart
Assumed that was the current price.
When you actually went to check out the price went to $17.99. I didn't go that far, and was comparing the $28.49 Kmart price to the $22.99 Sears price. Ordered one from Kmart, came to $17.39 total with my Sears (retiree) discount.
Thanks!

muskiemyke said:   From your link on the Kmart page I saw
$29.99
Now $28.49 Savings applied in cart
Assumed that was the current price.
When you actually went to check out the price went to $17.99. I didn't go that far, and was comparing the $28.49 Kmart price to the $22.99 Sears price. Ordered one from Kmart, came to $17.39 total with my Sears (retiree) discount.
Thanks!

I dont know why some time you have to go all the way to check out to find the right price.
I wish Sears And Kmart would fix it.

The deal works for my father. I'll share it with him. Thanks OP!

Beware -- this thing couldn't charge a 16 year old on viagara but it could help maintain a charged battery. This is a battery maintainer like a "Bettery Tender" branded battery maintainer \ Great deal nonetheless!

In for two!

Perfect for charging kid's ride ons (think Power Wheels).

Another alternative is the Schumacher for $19 at WalMart Schumacher link, but with 1.5% CB vs 4% at K-mart. There's a $2 shipping fee at WalMart where ShopYourWayMax trial is free.

But having said that, the thing I like about the Schumacher is the extra wire set with round contacts that you can leave connected to the battery. They both get good reviews. Like I said - just a closely priced alternative with an additional feature.

Thanks, ButcherBoy

MrWizzard said:   Another alternative is the Schumacher for $19 at WalMart Schumacher link, but with 1.5% CB vs 4% at K-mart. There's a $2 shipping fee at WalMart where ShopYourWayMax trial is free.

But having said that, the thing I like about the Schumacher is the extra wire set with round contacts that you can leave connected to the battery. They both get good reviews. Like I said - just a closely priced alternative with an additional feature.

The one you linked is also $19 and prime eligible at Amazon.

Text

zapy said:   Beware -- this thing couldn't charge a 16 year old on viagara but it could help maintain a charged battery. This is a battery maintainer like a "Bettery Tender" branded battery maintainer Great deal nonetheless!

In for two!

Yes, a TRICKLE charger (just like it says in the specs) :

Specifications & Dimensions

Dimensions and Capacity:

Cable Length (ft): 6

Cord Length (ft.): 6

Item Weight (lbs.): 2.8

Number of Charging Banks: 1

Product Overview:

Auto Resetting Circuit Breaker: Yes

Automatic Shut Off: Yes

Battery Ammeter: No

Charger Function: Trickle

Charger Type: Portable

General Warranty: 3 year replacement

Indicator Light: Yes

LED Display: No

Rechargeable: No

Reverse Polarity Protection: Yes

Voltmeter: No

Color:

Color/Finish: Black

Power:

Amps: 2, 4

Output Voltage: 6, 12

Certifications:
ETL Listed: No
UL Listed: Yes

Thanks OP!

MrWizzard said:   Another alternative is the Schumacher Automotive SpeedCharge Battery Maintainer and Charger for $19 at WalMart.

Found the specific model on Schumacher's site: Shock the linky..... This model is a trickle/maintenance charger, so not really for car/truck applications.

My vote is with Schumacher in general. They have support in the USA - last time I called, I got a person that spoke clearly, pleasantly, and took care of the issue within 2 minutes. Didn't ask for proof of purchase, either.

And the detachable wire set on these size chargers is awesome with multiple batteries to keep charged. Keeps my motorcycle batteries topped off nicely. IIRC, I think I saw Radio Shack carries the wire sets too if you need more. Funny how I don't recall WalMart stocking them...

These are great. I have one and never had a problem with it

The price is really nice. Give a green!

way overpriced and it dont even DESULPHATE! NO THANKS

lexx said:   way overpriced and it dont even DESULPHATE! NO THANKSAccording to the owner's manual here:

"Desulfation Mode
If the battery is left discharged for an extended period of time, it could become sulfated and not accept a normal charge. If the charger detects a sulfated battery, the charger will switch to a special mode of operation designed for such batteries. If successful, normal charging will resume after the battery is desulfated. Desulfation could take up to 8 hours. If desulfation fails, charging will abort and the CHARGING (yellow) LED will blink."

For people who drive only short trips between starts or who don't drive much, using a charger/maintainer like this every week or month can add a year or two to the life of the battery.

I've had one of these for about 2 years.. Works great at recharging and maintaining a deep cycle/marine battery which I use during power outages.

Didnt work for me. cart indicated $17.39 but final check out came to $29.49

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014