• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi folks,

Pepboys is offering a rebate promotion with Fram Air Filters. You get $10 back for every 2 filters you purchase. There are other items eligible on the rebate form too. You can read about them. I do have good experience with their air filters. So hopefully you guys can benefit from this.

Link to ad?

Link to rebate form?

Member Summary

Fram Air Filters (66.68kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Fram

Do they install for free like WalMart?

I do not know. I never asked PepBoys to install them for me. I just install them by myself when needed. My cars' air filters are rather accessible with just a 10mm socket with wrench.

everytime someone uses fram 100 babies are blended into a bowl and kanye west eats them with doritos

Thanks OP - same price at Autozone and O'Reilly w/o the rebate so it's a $10MM with Manny, Moe and Jack.

Dano

Purolator, people. Purolator!! I ran Fram air filter in my engine for about 7,000 miles, then looked at it. Looked brand new. Reason: all the dirt was going right through it.

Purolator runs periodic rebates, too.. next go-around should be in April or so.

Other than that, great find by the OP.

lexcurat said:   Purolator, people. Purolator!! I ran Fram air filter in my engine for about 7,000 miles, then looked at it. Looked brand new. Reason: all the dirt was going right through it.

Don't wanna start a debate, but I ran my '06 Scion with either Fram or eBay cheap Chinese air filters (Vigor is the brand?) and still could detect physically and visibly the dirt and debris collected onto the filter elements.

I usually check my air filter every 5,000 or so as I change the oil. Which car do you drive? What kind of environment are you driving in? I don't know how different your parameters are to claim my experience is better or your experience is worse, unless we have the used oil analysis or other tests to narrow down the air filter quality.

I agree Purolator air filters are much better than Fram. Same goes when comparing Purolator oil filters to the Fram filters. No comparison. Buy both and you can see the quality in the Purolator.

lonnyted said:   I agree Purolator air filters are much better than Fram. Same goes when comparing Purolator oil filters to the Fram filters. No comparison. Buy both and you can see the quality in the Purolator.

I agree completely. In my experience, Fram is junk. Even in their tv commercial, it shows their own filter exploding when placed under extreme pressure. What does that prove??

lonnyted said:   I agree Purolator air filters are much better than Fram.
Evidence?

I mean performance evidence, not "look how ugly/pretty it is" evidence from a fake oil filter "study".

lonnyted said:   I agree Purolator air filters are much better than Fram.

go away internet parrot.

If the filter element does not have holes and the sealing surfaces are making good contact with the air box, then there is no issue with the air filter. All of the Fram air filters that I have seen are 100% fully functional.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014