• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Browse 123 years of National Geographic magazineŚmore than 1,400 issues, 8,000 articles, 200,000 photographs, and hundreds of maps exactly as they appeared in print. Our definitive collection of every issue of National Geographic magazine through 2011 is digitally reproduced in high resolution. Use the visual interface to explore a topic, find photographs, browse the globe, or wander on your own expedition. Includes bonus DVD featuring the history of the National Geographic Society. Requires Windows« 7/Vista/XP/2000 or Mac« OS X v10.4 or later. Internet access required for some features.

Already own The Complete National Geographic? Purchase and download the latest issues instantly:
Launch The Complete National Geographic from your computer. Click on Preferences and Check for Updates to make sure your computer is running the latest version. Once your computer is up to date, The Complete National Geographic will alert you at launch anytime an update is available.

To download an update, simply register with National Geographic, select your update, and complete your purchase. Each update year is only $9.95! Your new issues will download and install right away!

http://mshop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/browse/productDetail.jsp...

Regularly $79.95.

National Geographic Store
Need a National Geographic Store coupon that earns 5.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

National Geographic DVD
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
maybe this should get re posted in the FatWallet finance section? think of how much money people to save by not paying s... (more)

capnkidd (Feb. 12, 2013 @ 9:51a) |

Any one has converted to Kindle ?

Thanks

greencal (Feb. 20, 2013 @ 11:52p) |

Lol.

bellemead (Feb. 23, 2013 @ 6:49p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Add $5.95 shipping, but still a good price for a lovely Christmas gift. Don't forget 5% FW CB. Thanks OP!

Have to use their software to view them.. cannot be exported to photos/pdf/kindle/nook/whatever.

The page you're looking for cannot be found. Click here to Continue.
If this problem persists please contact customer support at:
NGCatalog@ngs.org or call 1-800-437-5521. Outside of the U.S. and Canada, call 1-801-783-2144.

bellemead said:   The page you're looking for cannot be found. Click here to Continue.
If this problem persists please contact customer support at:
NGCatalog@ngs.org or call 1-800-437-5521. Outside of the U.S. and Canada, call 1-801-783-2144.

Link still seems to work fine for me.

KayK said:   Have to use their software to view them.. cannot be exported to photos/pdf/kindle/nook/whatever.

Here and here are couple of useful tools and information about converting this collection to common format

That's a shame this won't run on a tablet, I'd jump all over this if it did.

SlyDawg said:   That's a shame this won't run on a tablet, I'd jump all over this if it did.
It does not run on a tablet, but it is possible to browse and view collection on a tablet after conversions - see links in previous post

After converting all the images (pages) into a common format, what pdf program is easiest to combine them all into 1 pdf file per issue?

wtechie said:   After converting all the images (pages) into a common format, what pdf program is easiest to combine them all into 1 pdf file per issue?

Haven't tried it, but this looks like a possibility: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Image-Convertors...

Really good to know! I had not caught that. Just called to cancel order (12:35) that I placed at 8:04 am and it was already processed and on its way out the door. They were very nice--sending me pre-paid return label and will reimburse all, including original shipping. Sad, though, it would have made a great gift. Thanks again for posting this!!

KayK said:   Have to use their software to view them.. cannot be exported to photos/pdf/kindle/nook/whatever.

Nice!

Gertrude23 said:   Really good to know! I had not caught that. Just called to cancel order (12:35) that I placed at 8:04 am and it was already processed and on its way out the door. They were very nice--sending me pre-paid return label and will reimburse all, including original shipping. Sad, though, it would have made a great gift. Thanks again for posting this!!

So you cancelled before even reading down a few posts, that told you how to convert them?

Nice.

Cart errored once but I stepped back through the motions and it worked the second time. Great deal, this is the price I'd expect to pay for something current through 2005.

Conversion would be nice for school projects and the like but I'll be content to view on real computers with large beautiful displays... TV optionally. I hope there's no internet activation, I'd like to put it on two computers but we'll see how that goes.

Thanks OP.

Actually, I read the posts, but this was a gift for a 73-year-old friend. She would not be interested in converting them and I would have wanted to give it to her "ready to use" in its original format since it was to be a gift.

jaimelobo said:   Gertrude23 said:   Really good to know! I had not caught that. Just called to cancel order (12:35) that I placed at 8:04 am and it was already processed and on its way out the door. They were very nice--sending me pre-paid return label and will reimburse all, including original shipping. Sad, though, it would have made a great gift. Thanks again for posting this!!

So you cancelled before even reading down a few posts, that told you how to convert them?

Cool! I can finally find the topless African woman the boys and I used to look at a picture of in 6th grade. I wonder if she's on Facebook now?!

This is a really great find. Thanks, OP!

Is there a way to copy the DVDs to keep a backup, in case they get scratched?

That Afghan girl cover is to me still the most haunting and beautiful photo I have ever seen.

Got the set and installed it in Win7 and copied to a HDD. Found out there is a 40 page limitation when I tried to print the Hiram Bingham article about the discovery of Machu Picchu to Adobe PDF. The program produces 40 page files which you can then combine. Tried to compile the cng2jpg.c program with no luck. Found additional information about compiling the code in Windows here: http://www.rqna.net/qna/tsrmu-build-and-run-ive-never-done-any-o... but still no luck. Tried it on one .cng file and the resulting jpg file was corrupted. It's still a very nice buy for the price. Thanks OP.

if I bought 1 for my grandpa do you think he would stop hoarding them and thinking the old magazines will be worth millions someday?

maybe this should get re posted in the FatWallet finance section? think of how much money people to save by not paying storage on them

Any one has converted to Kindle ?

Thanks

greencal said:   Any one has converted to Kindle ?

Thanks

Lol.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014